Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Have you bought any clothes lately?

Novice LOVE the cardigan-great piece.
    Girls still in the poverty stage listen: For many years that was me and I still managed to look fab by only shopping 2 times a year. December 26-29 and July 5th. Head to the best department sore you've got because their prices will be just as cheap! Lots of things are year-round and good classics are a must. Some are on sale because the size is marked wrong, so if you like it,try it on!
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Quote Originally Posted by McJag View Post
    Novice LOVE the cardigan-great piece.
    Girls still in the poverty stage listen: For many years that was me and I still managed to look fab by only shopping 2 times a year. December 26-29 and July 5th. Head to the best department sore you've got because their prices will be just as cheap! Lots of things are year-round and good classics are a must. Some are on sale because the size is marked wrong, so if you like it,try it on!
    Bingo McJag!!! I always buy my winter boots & shoes in summer & sandals in winter! My fave store is Target (but we don't have it over here!!! & they don't ship to the UK!), I restocked my entire wardrobe (ok, so I'm wearing yoga pants & t-shirts this year...) for $100....

yes, i've just been to Melbourne and the clothes there are so bloody cheap. I blew one thousand easily.

The funny thing is, I was with a work collegue and she was more into designer clothes such as Versace and stuff, when we went strolling into the poshy shops nothing interested me. The snobby ladies with their noses in the air was enough for me.

What ever looks funky and appeals to me personally is how I choose my clothes, this ranges from $5 to $100, I honestly dont think I own anything in my wardrobe that costs over $100

i have my eyes set on a pair of maryjane style pumps... they look adorable- they are pretty expensive but ive been looking at them for awhile.. so i think its meant to be. I'm gonna go get them on Thursday hopefully they are still there or i'll cry.
    Alicia Silverstone: "I think that the film Clueless was very deep. I think it was deep in the way that it was very light. I think lightness has to come from a very deep place if it's true lightness."

maybe they'll be on sale when you go back there!

I got myself some cropped jeans from TK Maxx (TJ Maxx to those of you who live stateside); they're black denim & I think they're actually for kids, but they have kind of ruched legs, so I can have them up or down... I LOVE them & think they're really cute.... then Mr Novice got home & just gafwed! I told him that he wasn't supposed to understand them as they're "fashionable".
    However, the best bit is that there were really cheap (by Crest Jeans?) & the cut is amazing! they fit in ways I never expected them too - i.e. they're quite high-waisted so are comfy on me! Wa-hoo!!!
    And they look cute with a t-shit or vest-top & flip-flaps or my wedgie shoes!
    Free Charmed.

I bought 4 pair of shoes this weekend. 2 pair of heels and 2 pair of sandals.

I can't help it, shoes call my name when I walk by them. (I seriously hear voices...hahaha)

I also bought some workout pants a couple jersey knit tees and some nighties.

I love dresses too, but we don't seem to be having any summer this year, so I'm thinking of going straight to the jumpers...
    Free Charmed.

I prolly buy clothes too often. I like target and tj maxx.

^^bleh, target??
    hmmm... last thing I bought ... i love me some skinny jeans .... I usually buy the more expensive (150-300$) but they're hot and well worth it.

Silver Member Green-eyed-hottie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dangerous View Post
    ^^bleh, target??
    hmmm... last thing I bought ... i love me some skinny jeans .... I usually buy the more expensive (150-300$) but they're hot and well worth it.
    It is not really respectful to say that... and not all of us can spend that much money on pair of jeans... I never paid more than $30 for them... and I will never be ashamed to say that! If I had money for such things, maybe I would spend it on expensive clothing, but I would never be boastful and disrespect other people because they are choosing to shop at Target!

But that just me...
    "Happy families are all alike; every unhappy family is unhappy in its own way"

Damn right....target sells crap clothes, no offense. that's just my opinion.

Silver Member

I just bought a beautiful Anthropologie Maeve dress at Goodwill for $4.99. It's gorgeous with a vintage look to it. I swear that dress has never been worn. It's in mint condition. I also love Target. There clothes is disposable. As much as fashion changes, it's best to get your trendy clothes there. Pay more for pieces that you will have forever.

Quote Originally Posted by dangerous View Post
    Damn right....target sells crap clothes, no offense. that's just my opinion.
    As a dressmaker, their clothes as as well cut as anything in the 75-150 range.
    That kind if stuff is just priced so that you think it's more exclusive. You have to at least double that to improve on basic cut & cloth.

Break even point for a company as large as target is less than a company shifting less product, hence the prices - but it's reasonable stuff.
    (Target sells the same quality as our larger dept stores that sell in the price range you mention) So why pay more for yoga pants & t-shirts that I'm gonna dump before next summer?
    Free Charmed.

I bought 2 pair of flip flops for $11.00 this weekend and I also got some cute wedges 50% off at Belk.

I am looking for a bathing suit but I can't find one I like.

I like Target!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information