Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Have you bought any clothes lately?

Quote Originally Posted by NoDayButToday View Post
    Your S&B's is only $6?! The one in my college town is $7 and under, and the one in my hometown is $8 and under. I bought myself one of those puffy jackets a few weeks ago, I was so excited to get a "late fall" jacket for under $10
    It use to be $7.98 but has gone down to $5.98. I bought a down jacket last winter that I wear a lot. Pretty good deal!

For my son~ Ohio State sweatshirt and Ohio State T-shirt!

For me~ 2 pair of "wide legged" palazzo pants from.........WalMart.......sry, they're the Metro 7 brand, and they're really nice, with a tie waist, pleats, pockets, and a terrific fit. Great with a T, or turtleneck.

Quote Originally Posted by choozen1ne View Post
    I am poor to , but I am poor because I can never nto spend my money ( and my job doesn't pay a decent wage ) , I by stuff way too much , Instead og having food for the next week and a half I will now have a new Coach purse ,it was a good buy and I could not pass it up . Thank God I live with my parents who help me out , I know I am very luckey to be such a cloth whore and still have a roof over my head
    Oh my goodness, you sound just like me,except my addiction is makeup. I always have plenty of MAC and Bobbi Brown, but then after one of my cosmetic shopping sprees I'm lucky if I can scrounge up the money for gas. At least gas is going down, now!

I would love to have a Coach purse, but there is no way I will ever be able to afford one. Right now I am very happy with my black leather hobo bag that I got at JC Penney's. The leather is very soft and it has a tassel.

I don't think I am going to buy many clothes this year, though I do need a new jacket. The clothes this year are just too ugly. There is no way I am going to wear those skinny jeans. I would look ridiculous.

pretending to be a lurker but I'm not quiet enough

Bought new jamies/PJs yesterday so I wore them to bed last night. The shirt is a little small actually but the pants fit well so oh wellz...

If you think it's crazy, you ain't seen a thing. Just wait until we're goin down in flames.

Last thing i bought was a pair of black skinny jeans from Miss Selfridge

i bought the coziest sweater at the gap, it's got a great collar - it's a modified v neck - softest wool ever, and it's the perfect shade of brown. it's a bit fatifying but it's clearly a comfy sweater, so hopefully people will realize the bulk is the sweater and not me.

I want to buy a sexy new pair of jeans for tomorrow night but think I have left my run too late. My hairdresser had a pair on last time I was in there and they were called something like G Star (I think that is correct) I wouldn't mind buying these asap. They seemed to give a really subtle sexy shape.

I also bought a really pretty top from the sales today. It was down to 30.00 from 49.95. Not a huge saving but I was still happy.

I've gotten a lot of new clothes recently because I need them for student teaching, I've been taking advantage of all the winter sales!
    All you can do at life is play along and hope that sometimes you get it right.

Quote Originally Posted by pierresgirl View Post
    I work in the mall and it's SO hard to keep myself ut of the shops. I just got some Rock and Republic jeans with the crown pocket yesterday.
    OMG!!! You bought Victoria Beckham Rock & Republic Jeans!!!!!

WOW!!! (no sarcasm intended! I didn't really think that they existed outside Posh's mind & Denise Richard's closet!)

^^ lol i bought a pair of jeans that actually fit me the other day!! i'm proud of myself. I used to be in denial about how small i actually am and i constantly buy clothes in a size too big for me (i guess i was trying to disguise my size because i constantly had people picking on me for being too skinny). Anyways i now own a pair of jeans that are form fitting and someone actually commented that they had no idea that i had a j-lo bum hidden under my baggy clothes. Who knew that i would be so happy to hear someone say i have a big bum!!
    Alicia Silverstone: "I think that the film Clueless was very deep. I think it was deep in the way that it was very light. I think lightness has to come from a very deep place if it's true lightness."

Elite Member

haven't bought anything lately but i will be buying a belly dance costume soon..like within a few weeks or so...

i bought a beautiful lavender sweater the other day which only cost me 11 dollars including tax. i couldn't believe the good deal i got. it's really nice and soft. i have no idea why it was so cheap but i feel pretty lucky.

oh! Bad Novice! I bought the most beautiful MaxMara cardigan from EBay.
    Its crimson, long kinda crocheted around the waist... pockets, the lot! Just what I look for in a cardi! (hee hee!) but.... it was 80.....

I just had to share it with you!

Silver Member Green-eyed-hottie's Avatar

Oh wow, you people surprised me... I tough you are rich snobs who spend fortune on clothing I'm happy you're just like me.. YAY!
    Last thing I bought - great jeans for $10
    "Happy families are all alike; every unhappy family is unhappy in its own way"

Hey, we're not snobs here! We're regular folk!

The last thing I bought was an Emily Strange T-shirt from Hot Topic. I'm not even sure who this Emily Strange character is, but the T-shirt was purple, and I love purple. Also, the T-shirt spoke to me because this chick has bangs like I do, and showed her cuddling kitty cats.

I must be Hot Topic's oldest customer, lol. The teenage clerks always refer to me as "mam". I got my Debbie Harry T-shirt there a few months ago, too.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information