Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Have you bought any clothes lately?

Silver Member

I work in the mall and it's SO hard to keep myself ut of the shops. I just got some Rock and Republic jeans with the crown pocket yesterday.

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

I just got a great black dress made from a sort-of jean material. It's a belted shirt dress and looks incredible on me, which I wouldn't mention accept that I am bigger on the top than on the bottom and generally have to stick to seperates as a result. Yeah! Now Mr. Butt has to take me out to dinner!
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

Hit By Ban Bus!

I bought 2 dresses today. The funny thing was that, when I tried a very cute blue one (which I ended up buying), with a satin bow around the waist, the lady in the store told my mom that it looked lovely on someone my age and that I looked like a doll in it. Then my mom asked her how old she assumed I was. The lady said 14... that means that at the tender age of 23 I look 9 years younger, lol.

I also had a horrible time finding something I liked because nothing fits skinny, boobless girls. Dresses only go down to 38 here and I'm a 36 (x-tra small, a number that doesn't exist for dresses, just pants). I loved the black and white 40 (medium), but they only had the 38 (small) in blue. It looked like a bag on my body. It makes me upset that they just don't make clothes my size. I'll probably have to go to a kiddy store the next time around. Fuck.

A*O

I haven't bought anything for a while. It's been winter here and I just go into fashion hibernation (and usually gain a few pounds). Now that spring is sprung I'm in the retail mood again, plus it's Melbourne Cup weekend in November (THE social/horse racing event of the year in Oz) when everyone frocks up and has a party.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Lil

We are having a rather nice little Indian summer here at the moment, but I bought two pairs of brown boots today (a suede pair and a leather pair) ready for the cooler weather which can't be far away . I also have my summer bonus burning a hole in my pocket, and now the new autumn stock is in everywhere and I have dropped the half a stone I put on over a string of boozy weekends, I can feel a shopping trip coming on.....
    A big boy did it and ran away.

KD
    Elite Member

Not that anyone will care, but I do as a certified sports nut. I bought myself a NFL jersey of my favorite team and my favorite player. All ready for this Sunday! Other than that, no new clothes for awhile.

That's awesome. I have gotten some stuff with my university's logo on it (well my bf got me some stuff lol) in preparation for homecoming. I want to go shopping soon but it's gross and rainy today so it'll have to wait until some pleasant weather comes along. It's no fun walking downtown / outside in the cold rain.

Bronze Member

I have really cut down lately on wasting money on clothes. I LOVE shopping so I'd be in the shops every day and buying a few things every week. I have more stuff than I can wear. I'm pretty broke now so I don't really buy anything, I have enough new or newish stuff to last a while.

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

Have you bought any clothes lately/recently?
    No I'm poor! Leave me alone!!!

I am poor to , but I am poor because I can never nto spend my money ( and my job doesn't pay a decent wage ) , I by stuff way too much , Instead og having food for the next week and a half I will now have a new Coach purse ,it was a good buy and I could not pass it up . Thank God I live with my parents who help me out , I know I am very luckey to be such a cloth whore and still have a roof over my head

I am going shopping for some autumn appropriate clothes this afternoon.
    I've lost some weight recently and some of my clothes don't fit me no more
    YAY
    What better excuse to spend some cash

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

^ what is this thing 'cash' you speak of?! What does it look like? How do you get it and more importantly how are you able to keep enough of it around to spend on such luxuries as food and clothing?!?

broke as a joke y'all.

A short jacket with a lining I love from Steve and Barry's for only $6. Anyone have a S&B around them? I find stuff in there on occasion, everything is only $6 can't hardly pass clothes up when they fit at that price. They have a lot of cheap looking stuff but you can get lucky once in awhile. I'm poor lately paying for my daughters college so I'm staying out of the stores. But sometimes I just gotta have my shopping so off to Old Navy to the reduced stuff. I also have more than I can wear, so I'm kicking the habit.........almost.

Your S&B's is only $6?! The one in my college town is $7 and under, and the one in my hometown is $8 and under. I bought myself one of those puffy jackets a few weeks ago, I was so excited to get a "late fall" jacket for under $10

Today I bought a pair of black scrunchy Italian boots at a consignment store for $45, and a beautiful, made-in-Florence leather purse/briefcase for about 3 times more. The leather feels like butter and I love the leather tassels on it -- so elegant and refined. Now I just need the damn career and paycheque to go with it.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information