Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: Has Anyone Tried Stitch Fix or Similar Service

So I just got my second fix. Once again there’s one item in the box I don’t like but it’s cheaper to keep it. I was a little mad at first because I definitely said I don’t like boyfriend jeans but they sent me a pair and they’re super cute on me. They also sent me a pumpkin-y colored sweater that’s not a color I’d buy myself but it’s cute in this outfit they made. So two surprises and one dislike. I’m loving the convenience of this service.

Im kinda wondering now if throwing one shitty item in each box is how they get rid of undesirable inventory.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Elite Member

How much do the shipments run if you buy the entire box?

This one was $170, the last was about $185.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

I'm a HUGE discount shopper, so I doubt Stitch Fix would work for me. I just paid $2 for Banana Republic pants. $170 would freak me out!
    Brookie and holly like this.
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

I understand, and I used to be the same as you. But 1) I hate to shop so bargain hunting is painful for me; and 2) I have received 10 items from them and can make lots of different outfits out of those 10 pieces, so there's a lot of value in that. Getting this a few times per year is worth it in the end for me. All of the items are very good quality too.
    fgg and louiswinthorpe111 like this.

czb

so are these clothes that you would find in nordstroms or somewhere that they curate? or clothes that they have manufactured and they distribute. just curious.

Yes, these are clothes you would find in a department store. Nordtroms/Macy's are good equivalents. Its a mix of mid-range to slightly pricey. The jeans they sent are by Kut and the sweater is by 41 Hawthorn. I could check because happen to be wearing my latest outfit today since its jeans day.
    czb likes this.

They do have their own brand, Market and Spruce, that they manufacture. I have gotten a few items that are from companies I know are used in other subscription boxes - but that doesn't mean they aren't sold in stores (Nordstrom, Macy's, etc.) it's just been so long since I shopped there I have no idea.

I'm like the rest of you, usually there is one piece I'm not in love with, but still cheaper to keep than to send back. I've been pleasantly surprised with Stitch Fix. I also have really lazy, boring style, so this is great for me to have more in fashion clothes without thought.
    greysfang likes this.

I've tried it. I liked two out of five items (both dresses) so not bad and definitely worth sending the other three back. I've asked for a different stylist next time to get a better hit rate.

I also wondered if they try to offload one bad item because they sent me a Joules dress which I hated the look of without trying it on. It's a very Yummy Mummy brand over here and I said no flowers too!
    fgg and greysfang like this.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

fgg

i think you guys are on to something about including one piece that is probably something no one has wanted. my stitch just shipped and out of 5 things, there is a shirt in there that is the opposite of what i asked for. the rest of the stuff looks cute so we'll see.

rollo - sometimes you have to let the stylist have a couple tries. do you do the thumbs up/down ratings? i do them constantly so they can see what i like/don't like.
    greysfang and rollo like this.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

My friend tried it recently and the entire box was wrong. She said no purse and they sent one. She said no green and the purse was green. On and on. She sent it all back and fired the stylist. Next box .... she kept everything except one shirt and that was only because she didn't like the material, but the style and fit were dead on.
    greysfang likes this.
    if you're so incensed that you can't fly your penis in public take it up with your state, arrange a nude protest, go and be the rosa parks of cocks or something - witchcurlgirl

I just received a box after a couple of years away. It's the first time I'll keep everything in the box - everything was super cute, my style and actually fits! I was thrilled!
    greysfang and fgg like this.

Quote Originally Posted by fgg View Post
    i think you guys are on to something about including one piece that is probably something no one has wanted. my stitch just shipped and out of 5 things, there is a shirt in there that is the opposite of what i asked for. the rest of the stuff looks cute so we'll see.

rollo - sometimes you have to let the stylist have a couple tries. do you do the thumbs up/down ratings? i do them constantly so they can see what i like/don't like.
    Oh, you know me. I'm harsh and mean, LOL. I contemplated letting the stylist have another try but thought I'd see what else they've got. My next parcel is due in December. Also they are using algorithms as well. I'd like to think a real human is making the choices. What do you guys think? I've definitely used the thumbs up and down signs on their pics and I've repeatedly said no flowers so we'll see and I'll report back.
    fgg likes this.

I know for a fact its real humans. They're in the building next door to me, where they have four floors full of stylists. I see them all the time. They tell me they are considered a small office because Dallas and LA have around 500 stylists each. There are around 250 here.
    fgg, Daphodil and rollo like this.

Oh, OK. I had no idea they were such a big operation. I'm glad they are real. I don't want a computer telling me what to wear! Do they keep some stock in there? Wouldn't it be great if you could go next door and get styled at short notice? So convenient!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information