Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Handbag Heaven

Default Re: Handbag Heaven

Where I live half the people I know have fakes. It makes me quite mad because they act as if they're better than me because of the fact that they can get away with it. Me on the other hand? I'd rather shell out full price for a bona fide Louis than be caught with my pants down (no, not really, but you get the idea) making a counterfiet purchase. Theyre not really sticklers for that crap down here bc I live on the Mexican border, but when they DO bust you (and they will eventually) the shit hits the fan. I knew a woman who would make bundles of money selling to the 'elite' and she drove a Range Rover. She got busted and the next time I saw her she was driving to court in a Jetta.

Nothing wrong with a Jetta. That said, I prefer the real thing to fakes. Consignment stores can be good places to find designer labels, even thrift stores. To date, I've found two Prada bags, a Gucci and an LV wallet at thrift/consignment stores -- all in excellent condition. And yes, they are the real McCoy.

Quote Originally Posted by pacific breeze
    Nothing wrong with a Jetta.
    Oh, no I agree, but going from a Range Rover to a Jetta is quite a step down and I was just saying that to make my point that the money from counterfeiting is really only based on what you sell. Its not steady income and its a pretty big offense to get busted. Id rather just shell out the money for the real thing than get caught up in legal stuff like that because a lot of women she sold to had to actually testify when it went to trial. What a mess.

A*O

Well I'm sorry but I'm not prepared to pay $2000 for a bloody handbag when I can get an identical to the smallest detail fake one for $150. And if my 'pusher' gets busted that's his problem not mine. All transactions are strictly cash and carried out in dark parking lots with lookouts posted

I actually have a real LV rucksack (a gift) in the gorgeous LV cherry red leather and EVERYONE assumes it's a fake anyway to what's the point?
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

^ That's the problem with LV, there are so many fakes out there that you really can't tell between a good fake and a real one unless you get really close. A lot of other purses you can tell instantly (Coach for example, every fake Coach I've even seen the C's in the signature print look like G's).

I must admit since I denounced the colored LV's, I do have a Dooney & Bourke with the signature print and it is bright pink with colored DB's all over it. I almost never wear it though, but I'm proud of it b/c it is the first designer purse I bought for myself with my own money, even though it is a lower designer.

I have 10-15 handbags.
    Av by IIIcons

Hit By Ban Bus!

i am a HUGE sucker for handbags - i would rather buy new bags than stock up on a new season's outfit. my favorites are kooba (though can't really afford them haha), maxx new york, via spiga, R&Y augusti, etc. i get them all at discount stores except for a few pieces that i splurge on...

my sisters friend sells those purses at 'purse parties' I would love to go to one but unfortunately i live across the country. But i have 2 (real) louis vuittons both are the classic LV monogram but one is a small handbag and the other is a big bulky thing. I want more even if they are fake.

Hit By Ban Bus!

I got in a sh%# load of trouble selling those. Now I just stick with the "inspired" designed handbags. Even if I have authentics and try to sell them, I get banned. I would only pay a thousand dollars for ONE purse, but after that, I'd rather pay less than 200. I ruin them to quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by sippingthrustraw View Post
    i am a HUGE sucker for handbags - i would rather buy new bags than stock up on a new season's outfit. my favorites are kooba (though can't really afford them haha), maxx new york, via spiga, R&Y augusti, etc. i get them all at discount stores except for a few pieces that i splurge on...

I sell inspired Kooba.. looks like a Kooba, but it's not.
    See:

My handbags only cost 35 USD. I don't see the point in buying tons of expensive bags if you're not a millionaire. Chances are that if you walk down the street with a real one and you don't live in the richest area, everyone will think it's fake anyway. Regardless.

A*O

I just got a fabbo Chanel bag for $100 (retail $1600) and a gorgeous Marc Jacobs for $95 (retail $1200). These are seriously good fakes. I'm happy!
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

I just bought a new Coach bag for $358. It was a splurge, but I love it. Here's a link to what it looks like. I got mine in the khaki/brown, though.
    http://www.coach.com/content/product...category_id=68

^ I just got that same back in the brown leather with the signature print inside for my 21st birthday! Be proud you could find it, that purse was the "hot item" when I got mine, you can't even get the smooth leather anymore

I love it though, it's such a fantastic purse-I can even fit my laptop in it!

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by sippingthrustraw View Post
    I just ordered a black Haydon kooba, it'll be here on Monday and I can't wait!!! I couldn't decide which kooba I wanted, then I saw Haydon...it was love at first sight.
    If you can't be a good example -- then you'll just have to be a horrible warning

We have good taste! It was such an ordeal getting it for me. I bought the book tote at first, but I ended up taking it back the very next day because I didn't like the closure. When I went to exchange my purse for the Hamptons signature print large tote, Dillards only had it in the dark brown. I bought it anyway even though it wasn't the one I wanted. I stopped by the Coach store in the mall, found the khaki one, and had to return the other one to Dillards. I got the one I wanted, though

Quote Originally Posted by NoDayButToday View Post
    ^ I just got that same back in the brown leather with the signature print inside for my 21st birthday! Be proud you could find it, that purse was the "hot item" when I got mine, you can't even get the smooth leather anymore

I love it though, it's such a fantastic purse-I can even fit my laptop in it!

Mine was an ordeal too. It was a little out of my price range (my parents gave me a gift certificate to Coach so I could pick which bag I liked), but I kept walking back to that one in the store. I even left thinking I'd just hold onto the gift certificates until next season, but I went back the next day because I loved the purse so much. I could have afforded the smaller one, but I wanted it bigger. Finally I went and spent an extra $100 (after tax and everything) to get the bigger one, I just had to have it!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information