Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Gaucho pants?

Default Re: Gaucho Pants?

There is somethings I wish would NOT make a comeback and gauchos are one of them. Eww. I hated wearing those things when I was a kid. Had a denim pair and they would ride up my hooha.

I wish more of the 80's stuff would come back in. I see some of it, but I would love to see way more. Like Totally! Still a Val, ya know!

Quote Originally Posted by darksithbunny

I wish more of the 80's stuff would come back in. I see some of it, but I would love to see way more. Like Totally! Still a Val, ya know!
    What 80's stuff are you missing? Please don't say jumpers with leggings and poke your eye out shoulder pads!

I think you do need to be either slim or tall or get away with the Gaucho Pants, preferably both.

God no to the Joan Crawford shoulder pads and the leggings! Just some of the blouses(I liked the way some of them were cut) and maybe some of the shoe styles.

Silver Member

I love them bc you can dress them up or down.
    Plus, they make my rear end look mighty healthy and plump!!

Unless you are a gaucho, you should not wear gaucho pants, and no one will ever be able to convinve me otherwise.
    2 years...

I love my gauchos. I finally found a pair in the right length and I think they look pretty darn good on me (when I wear Spanx underneath them, of course ).

I'm sticking to my beliefs!
    2 years...

I have thought about getting some, but just haven't taken that leap!
    My girls both wear them. They wear the cotton ones, and they can be dressed up or down...of course, they are like a size 4....
    I mentioned to my sister how many things were coming back into style....back in high school, we just called these things a split skirt....and do y'all remember knickers? That's what we called them....they were like capris but had a button or tie right under the knee?
    THE EASIEST WAY OUT IS THROUGH....

I think they're butt-ugly and, like skinny pants, don't work on anyone. If you're thin, they overemphasize your skinny calves and ankles and make your feet look big. If you're heavy, they just work against you.

Personally, right now I'm loving plaid bermuda shorts and newsboy-style capris.

Silver Member
    The First Presleytarian Church Of Elvis The Divine

I got a pair of chocolate colored ones last night and a beige lacey top. I'm going to wear them with my brown mules or high heeled sandals when it gets warmer. Its a good look for me, I'm 5"7 and slender with long legs and find it hard to find pants long enough for me. I absolutely hate those peasant bohemian skirts, they make me look huge even though I'm not. I do better with a tailored classic look.
    How You Durrin ?

I have gauchos I really like them but hey don't mind me I am still in my teens. I am quite small and I am 5"7 the gauchos make me look curvy that's why I like them.
    God help me to remember that it takes 42 muscles to frown and only 4 to extend my middle finger and tell them to bite me!

Quote Originally Posted by NoDayButToday
    I love my gauchos. I finally found a pair in the right length and I think they look pretty darn good on me (when I wear Spanx underneath them, of course ).
    Do you wear Power Panties or the longer ones? I always wear panties underneath my Spanx and one time didn't pull the GIRDLE (that's what it is) up far enough. So I was walking down the street and looked down and the crotch of my pants wouldn't come up all the way! That's one way to prevent camel toe-NO TOE! I couldn't wait to yank that thing up!

I like the footless. I have large thighs and when the Spanx rep came to my store to train us to sell them she said that they can't guarantee there will not be a constricted line on your thigh where the power panty ends, but the footless is smooth til the bottom and I can always roll up the bottom for a skirt shorter than my calves.

There is now a new Power Panty (at least for the plus size) called the Higher Power Panty that goes to just under the bust, and that has been selling very well lately.

Quote Originally Posted by NoDayButToday
    I like the footless. I have large thighs and when the Spanx rep came to my store to train us to sell them she said that they can't guarantee there will not be a constricted line on your thigh where the power panty ends, but the footless is smooth til the bottom and I can always roll up the bottom for a skirt shorter than my calves.

There is now a new Power Panty (at least for the plus size) called the Higher Power Panty that goes to just under the bust, and that has been selling very well lately.
    I have the regular power panty and the smoothing panty. They have something called the hi-rise body smoother or something that sounds like the higher power-it goes way up the torso area.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information