Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fake purses anyone?

There is a site (I think it's lagogo.com) that sells knockoffs. A lady i work with has bought a couple. They are not bad. I have a few "name" purses, a couple knock offs, and way more discount and clearance purses. If I like it, it doesn't matter if it's "name" or not. As long as it holds all my shit and it's cute. In fact, i take more pride in my cheapy purses that i get complements on.

maybe i'm a snob but i don't like knock-offs. i love purses and i have cheap ones and very expensive ones and some in-between. and the designer ones i have i bought because i loved them and they are amazing quality and beautifully made, not because they are 'in'. i don't care for big logos or monograms either.
    a fake wouldn't give me that satisfaction. the workmanship and quality is never as good as the real thing.
    if i can't afford designer, i always manage to find really nice purses that are not designer or a lesser-known brand and still look nice.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

There is a story on The Today show right now all about counterfeits items. She just said in Europe you can be fined for carrying a fake anything.
    'High, High. Yaw Both High and Smokin' Weeeed in Front of My Howse"
    Bah-Brahhh-Teen Mom

I have wanting to get a new purse too and don't want to pay the big bucks either!!

I have a few real designer bags, though they are old.....since having kids, I just refuse to spend big money on a purse that is beaten up everyday and puked on. So I have actually been looking around for a knock off too!!

I'll give a few of these sites a look!

This thread must have done something karmic because yesterday the strap on my Marc Jacobs came loose. *wags finger*

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetie View Post
    I would buy a knockoff too.
    I have been wanting a Chloe Paddington for YEARS and if I ever find a good price on a knock off I will buy it until I can afford the real thing.
    These actually look pretty good...

Chloe Leather Paddington Handbag - Tan - Bagalution

A*O

This is a good source. Based in China natch. I have several bags and for fakes they are pretty good. Free shipping worldwide.

Phoenix Luxury

I don't have a problem buying fakes because everyone assumes that what they are anyway even if they are real! When Chanel or Prada start selling bags for sensible prices instead of thousands of bucks then I'm sticking with fakes. Screw 'em.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetie View Post
    ^ haha, I haven't seen one of those.

I laugh whenever I see an LV, real or fake, they are look fake and shitty to me.
    I had stupid friend that carried one of those fake rainbow ones; ugliest shit I had ever seen real or fake. I loved how she was proud of her fake shit and acted like it was real. She was such a fucking tool. She gave me some fake ass gucci wallet... ugh.
    KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GOD DAMNED HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

Fuck you all, I'm going viral.

The fake LV multicolore murakami ones are the worst.. weird bows on the bags, upside down LV's, vinyl handles, spotty/unclear design on the body of the bag, and blatant misspellings of the eponymous designer: Louis Vuittion, Louis Vittion, Lou Vuitton.. it's hilarious.

Most big cities have areas where you can buy knockoff purses, jewelry, clothing, etc. They are generally in seedy areas of town, but you can get GREAT prices on knockoffs that look like (and sometimes actually are) the real thing.

In Houston, the place to go for knockoffs is an area called "Harwin". You might want to ask around and see if there's anything similar in your area.

Another great place to buy knockoffs or stolen originals is at flea markets. I purchased a Coach purse for my mom at a flea market for $30. It came with the dustbag and everything. Apparently, knockoff vendors sometimes steal or intercept purses as they are en-route to the department stores, so if you're lucky, you might be able to purchase the real deal for an extremely cheap price.

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

Hell yeah I was about to say something about Harwin and Hillcroft. As a joke when someone's phone is acting stupid I'll say "that's what happens when you get your phone on Harwin."

It's amazing what falls off a truck.
    KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GOD DAMNED HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

Fuck you all, I'm going viral.

I will only buy knockoffs in person and that I can inspect, because there a good ones and bad ones.

I've made a trip to Chinatown in NYC, Market St I believe, and picked up a ton there for my GF's and took them home with me.

I know of a gal locally who gets knockoffs shipped to her from NYC and sells them at home parties. They cost more than in NYC, but she did get them shipped halfway across the country.

I love knockoff bags. I can't imagine paying hundreds for a bag. What a waste of money.

Over here you can't walk three meters without tripping over an immigrant selling knockoff bags in the street-usually the tacky Louis Vitton ones.

I agree with Sputnik, knockoffs are not worth it: the quality is just shit, and I find the idea kind of tacky. I'm not a handbag person, so I never coveted the designer models, but when I do buy a handbag, I've found there are some lovely models/quality from unknown brands, at a fraction of the cost of designer.
    "Remember to always be yourself. Unless you suck." - Joss Whedon

"The only thing more expensive than education is ignorance." -Benjamin Franklin

^^I bought a Gucci knockoff on a street corner in Athens. Negoitated a super cheap deal. The quality doesn't bother me so much, as I just get out another one, so it's like I have a new purse.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information