Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Everyone Thinks Wearing Flip-Flops to Work Is Awful

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    which is why they're in the military coz they're to stupid to even dress themselves... LOLZ!
    Something like that....a couple of the officers snarked about it, saying that enlisteds were too dumb to dress properly...
    Good luck getting a cat to do anything let alone join in on your sexcapades. - Air Quotes

It's even being dictated what color our undershirts are supposed to be.
    That's a little extreme, imo.

I reckon most places I've worked at would have deemed flip flops unsafe. As someone mentioned upthread, they're not exactly protective footwear. I know when I worked at an engineering firm, it was pretty relaxed overall, but there were certain requirements for footwear if out on the shop floor (and lab coats for the clean room obviously) as well as a slightly different set of guidelines for meeting with clients. But it was the kind of place where if you were just sitting down at your desk or in the lunch room, you could kick off your shoes, wear short sleeves or sleeveless (for keeping cool), etc. and just dress it up a bit when you went to conduct actual business.
    If you reveal your secrets to the wind you should not blame the wind for revealing them to the trees.

- Kahlil Gibran

I don't want to look at nor smell anyone's stank feet. So I am anti office flip-flops.
    When your daughter plays "House," she pretends to be an annoying doctor with a pill-addiction and a limp.

Quote Originally Posted by C_is_for_Cookie View Post
    I wish we could wear things like flip flops and even capri's. Our dress code is so strict and rigid, no fun at all. It's even being dictated what color our undershirts are supposed to be.
    They tell you what colour your underwear is? Unless you're something like a nurse or something that wears a pale coloured uniform...
    Quote Originally Posted by BITTER View Post
    Something like that....a couple of the officers snarked about it, saying that enlisteds were too dumb to dress properly...
    Hahaha! I can't believe that someone agreed with me. Obviously some can but the attire on work bbqs made it obvious that they weren't being satorial, shorts with dangly bits hanging out at family picnics... Need I say more?
    Quote Originally Posted by VenusInFauxFurs View Post
    I don't want to look at nor smell anyone's stank feet. So I am anti office flip-flops.
    Bitch! I've started taking care of my tootsies, I even paint my toenails....
    Free Charmed.

Hahaha! I can't believe that someone agreed with me. Obviously some can but the attire on work bbqs made it obvious that they weren't being satorial, shorts with dangly bits hanging out at family picnics... Need I say more?
    You think the enlisteds are not too bright? Really?
    As a rule, I guess officers are smarter, but the Coast Guard enlisted personnel are better educated, on the average, than their counterparts in other branches. They tend to stay at duty stations longer, and can stay at one college to finish a degree I guess.

But to be honest, Novice, I've met a couple of rockheads already.
    Good luck getting a cat to do anything let alone join in on your sexcapades. - Air Quotes

Bitter, I'm happy to bop MrN on the head, loose 50lbs & hop on a flight to Philly so you can prove your point.... I was just thinking of the dullard with his tackle hanging out...
    Free Charmed.

They tell you what colour your underwear is? Unless you're something like a nurse or something that wears a pale coloured uniform...
    I work in a grocery store bakery. We're also not allowed to drink anything at work unless we're at break. Which is a lot of fun during this heatwave.
    Last edited by C_is_for_Cookie; July 21st, 2011 at 01:21 PM.

Bitter, I'm happy to bop MrN on the head, loose 50lbs & hop on a flight to Philly so you can prove your point.... I was just thinking of the dullard with his tackle hanging out...
    Get here now! I've seen your photos and there is no need to drop 50 lbs. Just get your fine ass on the plane to the city of Brotherly Love (which does not mean that all the men are gay!) and Bitter and I will show you a great time!
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Vouch. Nov's a top notch looking chick as is.
    When your daughter plays "House," she pretends to be an annoying doctor with a pill-addiction and a limp.

Y'all should've hone to Specsavers!!!!

If I cone up (big) on the Euromillions I'm gonna have a roving trip across the US visiting all those places I've never been, popping in on GR-ers on the way. That would be crazy! And I'd be wearing flip-flops all the way! Bwahahaha!
    Free Charmed.

Quote Originally Posted by C_is_for_Cookie View Post
    I work in a grocery store bakery. We're also not allowed to drink anything at work unless we're at break. Which is a lot of fun during this heatwave.
    If I'm guessing right about which grocery store....I LOVE their white cake. Delish! (And I'm a tremendous cake snob.)

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread Information