Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Everyone Thinks Wearing Flip-Flops to Work Is Awful

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    Women get to wear sleeveless shit, shorts, skirts, capri pants.. why are men expected to drudge through the day in dress shirts and pants and sweat their asses off on the way home?
    It's your punishment for having the penii that somehow bequeathed ruler status...and we have the cramps and the monthly blood and the birthing and whatnot, plus we had to suffer through the 80s with shoulder pads and those god awful blouses with bows, we demand our ugly capris as compensation. (who said women's lib is dead?)
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

Quote Originally Posted by fgg View Post
    how exactly are flip flops all that different from, and more disgusting than, a lot of sandals? i wear flip flops sometimes on casual fridays when i get to wear jeans.
    I do too. Maybe it's a Florida thing, at least a Key's thing, because everyone is so casual down here.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

fgg

4 days a week i wear the upper end of business casual so i go comfortable on fridays but still professional looking.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

Quote Originally Posted by Quazar View Post
    I don't think open-toed backless shoes, sleeveless shirts, shorts, shirts showing your belly, miniskirts, sweatpants, spandex pants, or bras obviously showing under shirts belong in a professional office workplace. If you work in a gym, then some of these could be appropriate. One of the problems that people take things too far and then you sometimes get The People of Walmart scenario. People don't know when to edit themselves. I also don't like too much skin showing in a work environment but maybe I'm just more conservative than most.
    totally agree with you

**disclaimer** I did NOT write this article.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Hahaha! Did you dictate it to Bella so age wrote it? Lol!
    Free Charmed.

The younger women at my old job would wear them in to work on the train, but conveniently "forget" to change into their regular work shoes. One day the older women, secretaries, got pissed and complained to the partners about it because it seemed that everyone monitored what the admin staff was wearing/eating/websurfing, but the associates and managers were getting away with murder, especially with the flip-flops. A harsh message from the senior partners was sent out and the flip-flopgate ceased for a while before it started up again.

Today I have my sneakers on. I wear them into work and normally change into my loafers I got from Payless right after the morning brief. But today I did not put them on - the captain is off site so I am feeling a little naughty and defiant!

Fight against THE MAN!!!!
    Good luck getting a cat to do anything let alone join in on your sexcapades. - Air Quotes

I've accidently left my thongs on too long.. only changed into my heels when my boss actually called for me. I worked at a desk in the back of a library noone ever saw me.
    Alicia Silverstone: "I think that the film Clueless was very deep. I think it was deep in the way that it was very light. I think lightness has to come from a very deep place if it's true lightness."

Can we get a consensus on exactly what constitutes a flip flop? The rubber ones only, or all shoes with the two straps going between the two toes?

Because if it's the latter, those constitute a significant portion of my shoe collection - flats & wedges & heels - and I've worn them to work for years, as well as sleeveless shirts and dressy shorts. But not the rubber flip flops. Ew. Even I have standards, albeit low ones.
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

flip flop:

sandal

I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

fgg

grimm must hate flip flops and sandals because he picked two of the ugliest possible pairs for demonstration.

all of my flip flops are leather. the rubber ones are generally trash.
    Last edited by fgg; July 16th, 2011 at 11:11 AM.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

The rubber ones are the ones that I hate
    Silly bitches, twitchy links are NOT for kids!-Mel

Well, I for one love my flip flops (and they're rubber, yes). Once the weather is above 60 degrees, I'm pretty much only in flip flops. I only have them in black and brown, though. I don't like the colored and white ones.

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

I just have a hard time walking in them, nothing really against them

I HAVE to wear them in the shower at the gym. I can't stand going barefoot in public showers. It's disgusting enough.
    Good luck getting a cat to do anything let alone join in on your sexcapades. - Air Quotes

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information