Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: The end of my life is near and I need an outfit

Quote Originally Posted by Penny Lane View Post
    I don't know how dressy to even be at this ceremony because I'm the first to graduate in my family... is this like cocktail dressy or like daytime dressy? I remember I went to my cousins graduation about two years ago and wore a really pretty cream colored tea length dress but I can't remember what everyone else wore. Typical me.
    At all my graduations, the university told us what we should wear. Once I had to wear a long white dress with white heels and another time is was a long black dress or black pants with black heels. You couldn't see much under the graduation gown, anyway. I had to wear something cute and fun for dinner and drinks afterwards.

And congrats on your graduation, Penny.

I don't know how dressy to even be at this ceremony because I'm the first to graduate in my family... is this like cocktail dressy or like daytime dressy? I remember I went to my cousins graduation about two years ago and wore a really pretty cream colored tea length dress but I can't remember what everyone else wore. Typical me.
    Honestly, everyone at mine had their gowns on the entire time, so all you saw of anyone's outfit was the shoes and hair. I couldn't tell you what a single person there was wearing. And we did a lot of standing around waiting and sweating. My biggest priorities would be comfort and coolness personally.

Still love the animal print and nautical dresses though!
    If you reveal your secrets to the wind you should not blame the wind for revealing them to the trees.

- Kahlil Gibran

Love the polka dot dress and it looks great on you! That is you right?
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

Yes, that's me. Yeah, you're right no one at the ceremony will be seeing my actual dress.. just my shoes. So I guess I should just about what I want to dress in for the party.. the ceremony is secondary at this point. I'm actually thinking about doing my walk across the stage in flats... my feet are really wide and they get really sore and achy if I stand up for a long time in heels.

Zee

Congratulations! Can't believe it is graduation time for you already. I like the polka dot dress. How about ballet flats for the ceremony- go for comfort and something flashy for party afterwards?
    Drive a car, drive a boat, drive a plane. What does it matter? As long as I'm drunk!
    pəʇɐɔɐɯnpə ɹ ı

Quote Originally Posted by Tati View Post
    Honestly, everyone at mine had their gowns on the entire time, so all you saw of anyone's outfit was the shoes and hair. I couldn't tell you what a single person there was wearing.
    Too funny, this was exactly what I was going to say.

My 2 cents, I love the 80's dress & the animal print. I can't believe you're graduating! Seems like yesterday when you started. GEEZ
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

I know. It's the last week of class and I have a final tomorrow at 9:30 AM and I'll probably be up all night... pretty much sums up the last four years. Definitely won't miss this part of college.

I've decided I'm going to wear something I already own.. I've been slowly cleaning out my closet for the past two months by selling clothes I don't wear anymore (seriously, it got so bad that I had big plastic bins of crap spilling out into my living room... borderline "Hoarders" style) so I'm deciding between this Pucci-esque jersey dress that I have or a vintage maxi dress I bought a few months ago. Or maybe I'll freak out the day before and buy something off the rack. I'm just sick of thinking about this stupid outfit.

Can't wait til this week is over. Thanks for your help guys... I'll take some pictures of the dresses I'm talking about tomorrow so you guys can see them.

I like the animal print one...
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(_)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

i just did the big closet clean-out. it took ages and it was a looooong process but i felt so good in the end. at one point i had 4 different piles going: a 'no', a 'maybe but probably no', a 'maybe' and a 'probably yes'. i'd pick something up and even if i hadn't worn it in ages i couldn't bring myself to part with it, thinking that maybe one day i'll wear it again...
    in the end i finally filled 3 big boxes with stuff and gave it to my cleaning lady to give away to people who need it.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

There is shit I just haven't worn in years that somehow ended up making the trip from my house to my apartment when I moved into this place almost 2 years ago. I've found shoes I haven't seen in over a year, jeans, skirts, dresses... shit that doesn't fit anymore, shit that never fit, shit with price tags still on... it was just disgusting to me how much crap one person can accumulate.

Ok so this is what I dug out. The heels I was wearing don't have a white strap, this is just gauze I wrapped around my feet because this morning I insisted on wearing shoes that notoriously fuck up my feet.

This is the vintage dress I was talking about. It's sheer so I'd need to buy something for underneath but I don't really like this that much.

I feel like this makes me look wide. Price tag still on.

Same goes for this.

I like this the most, but I've worn it many times before and the bow collar might give me trouble if I put my graduation gown over it.

The only thing I dislike about this is that the bottom has pockets so the sides kind of pucker in a little bit and it looks weird. Plus I hate sleeveless.

So.. I've made zero progress and I have to go clean up my closet now. I'm so frustrated.

fgg

I like the blue with the lace best of those.
    Posted from my iPhone

I hate all of them. Has anyone rented dresses before?

The second looks fantastic on you. Cute dress too.
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

fgg

I hate all of them. Has anyone rented dresses before?
    I have a friend who used lending luxury and she had a great experience.
    Posted from my iPhone

Penny, you have an amazing figure! I love that second dress on you, the one with the vibrant colours. I don't think it makes you look wide at all, it makes you look curvy in all the right places. Either way, you make any dress look good.
    It's like you ate too much crazy then puked it all over a post and hit submit - Nancydrew

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread Information