Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree41Likes

Thread: Dream wedding dresses

That's a beautiful dress. You should feel like the belle at the ball.

I noticed I did not post a comment when this thread came out.

A*O

Thanks to Catherine Cambridge wedding dresses with sleeves are back in fashion thank God. I can't stand these endless, samey strapless things, especially worn by delusional fatties with rolls of flab spilling everywhere.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    Thanks to Catherine Cambridge wedding dresses with sleeves are back in fashion thank God. I can't stand these endless, samey strapless things, especially worn by delusional fatties with rolls of flab spilling everywhere.
    ^This^!
    Fran likes this.

Yes, but fashion trends take forever to get to my little town. Brides will still be wearing strapless for 10 more years here. I detest strapless. It looks good on about 2% of brides, and even then it looks vulgar to me.

Keira Knightley's wedding dress

I really like it, it's fresh and cute.
    Wish she had done something with her hair though
    Fluctuat nec mergitur
    Paris, Nov 13th

^^
    yeah, she looked adorable. i like short wedding dresses and i love how casual she kept the shoes and hair. i like the sunnies too.

from the temperley bridal collection thread, there were a couple of gorgeous dresses but this one i think is especially gorgeous:

Quote Originally Posted by Honey View Post

n presentation at Gramercy Park Hotel on April 19, 2013 in New York City.

Temperley Bridal Collection - Pictures - Zimbio
    McJag and Laurent like this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

^pretty^

Hit By Ban Bus!

I don't have a dream wedding dress. I have a cursed wedding dress however, I've tried it on TWO times, and found out I was pregnant a couple of weeks after trying it on.

Anyhoo, I was link happy one day, and stumbled across one of those "modest" bridal gown sites. They had some really pretty stuff, believe it or not, excluding all the strict temple/synagogue/whatever gowns, that looked like a shroud or something. I'm tired of all the strapless gowns (though my cursed gown is strapless, in my defense, I did buy it when I 27 and 0 kids). Let me be totally honest, I'm tired of women, that really shouldn't be wearing strapless gowns, wearing strapless gowns. It's not even a weight issue, because I've seen some bigger girls, look gorgeous in a strapless. It's the women, that wear a 38DDD, cramming those puppies into a bodice made for a 34B. Your wedding reception is supposed to be a fun, frivolous time..not the time to constantly keep hefting the too small bodice, over the too big tits, during the electric slide.

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

I googled 'modest wedding dresses' and one of the first pictures was of a huge-boobed bride who looked like she'd glued the very edges of her dress to her nipples.

I'm still looking for something along more traditional lines that might tempt me and so far I've come up with nothing. All the usual stuff is either Middleton-esque or strapless (and I hate having completely bare shoulders). I've got an advantage in that my MIL spent her entire working life as a machinist and could make whatever I wanted but I still keep coming back to my completely non-traditional idea of something slightly pirate-y or steampunk-ish. I really, really like this waistcoat corset, but would team it with a skirt rather than spray on pants. My arse is too wide for those lol.

Karistiona likes this.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

it's your wedding, get married in whatever suits your style the best.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

A teensy, tiny part of me thinks that maybe I should do the white dress thing, maybe with a little gold in there somewhere to bring out my hair, because it's the first and only time that I plan on/hope to be doing this. Then the rest of me thinks "Do you really want to look like a giant baked Alaska?"
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

in that case, don't limit your search to either traditional or non-traditional dresses. look at all kinds, and you'll know when you find the dress you love and that you feel right in, whether it's a white dress or a totally non-traditional one.
    Kittylady likes this.

fgg

i watch all of the wedding dress shows (say yes to the dress, say yes to the dress atlanta the other two on TLC) and i have a different dream dress all the time once i see what's out there. i can understand people not being into a traditional gown but i can't wait to find my perfect dress. if i end up engaged before i die a lonely old spinster, that is.
    Karistiona likes this.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

Kitty you really need to try stuff on, if you try on a range of styles and colours you'll get a good feel for what you like. Also, could be an idea to take a friend and a camera, that way you can be objective once you get home
    whitetigeress likes this.
    I smile because I have no idea what's going on

Saw this line in "Gatsby Brides" article in the NYt and wanted to share-

Wedding Dresses | Shop Vintage Inspired Wedding Dresses & Décor | BHLDN

love this-

sluce and BelledeJour like this.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information