Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Best place to purchase bras?

Quote Originally Posted by KrisNine View Post
    The Lilyette minimizer is a fantatic bra. You can get those for about $35.
    Love those - I have several pair. You can often get them at JCPenneys on sale for under $25.

Minimizers are from Heaven.

I find Wacoal bras to be very uncomfortable as a 34-36D. I'm a petite girl with a small ribcage and the band on those things (I bought three) squeeze the hell out of my ribcage. I've never ever had that problem with another bra brand. I dread wearing them because all I can think about is the fact that I'm wearing a bra!

Is there anyway you can afford to go to a dedicated bra shop? They will measure you properly and put you in a bra that fits. I think this becomes necessary with D plus cup sizes. And if need be, you can have a bra made per your exact measurements. It's money well spent.

Silver Member

Figleaves.com is excellent for bras, I believe they stock up to size J, and have tiny band measurements. Marks and Spencer make great affordable bras as well, and I believe they ship internationally now.

Best place to purchase bras?
    ... a boob store?
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

We've got some big tittied women up in GR!

I used to do only VS, but I cannot understand for the life of me WHY D+ bras need padding or gel inserts...I don't need them any bigger.
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestial View Post
    I also choose to believe the rumors because I am, when it is all said and done, a dirty gossip.

Quote Originally Posted by Laxmobster View Post
    We've got some big tittied women up in GR!
    **statement leaves grimm cold and unmoved**
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Unless you're strapped to the dashboard, yer all fuckin useless to me
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by Laxmobster View Post
    I used to do only VS, but I cannot understand for the life of me WHY D+ bras need padding or gel inserts...I don't need them any bigger.
    Yeah, I don't understand why Victoria's Secret wants to add padding to everything they make. Plus, the quality of their bras really seems to have gone down in the last few years - the last few I bought wore out way too quickly.

I like a little layer of padding, helps keep the bodacious nips in check.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

^^ Yeah, I don't like advertising the temperature either. Bali makes a good concealer bra now that I love with these "petals" in it that conceal the nips. I bought the minimizing version and it's pretty freaking awesome with thin shirts.

while we're here, anyone have any ideas for me? due to breast cancer i had a partial mastectomy of my right breast (3 tumors took a big chunk). before the fun i was a 38DD. now? my right one is a single D and my left is still a DD. so what i usually do is buy the D and hope for the best. i'm at a loss as to what i'm supposed to do

Hope this does not offend you, but my grandmother had her entire breast removed and she wears more of a prosthetic that she puts inside of her bra. You may have to get one custom made to fit. I am not sure if you want to go this way but she has loved them, and they do look natural. It would be a lot easier for you to find a bra, and they do feel natural.

Honestly, I'd stay away from Victoria's Secret. I am busty like you and I've come to realize that VS bras are all geared to pump your bust up and out, which is the last thing you want if you are ample to begin with.

Random fact: My favorite strapless bra (32D) came from Gap Body. They have incredible underwear and they don't get credit for it. It fits well, you can't see it under a t-shirt, and the quality is amazing. Plus they have a large range of sizes.

I'm interested to hear where other people get their bras. Now, I usually get mine at JC Penny - I've been very happy with the majority of the brands there (Vanity Fair, Wacoal etc.). And I can speak to the business-end of JC Penny too: they take pride in their lingerie department, and are one of the few remaining department stores in the US that still train their lingerie dept. clerks in bra fitting. And on a quality-control level, they are one of about 3 stores left in the US that still conduct rigerous quality control tests on their inventory before it hits the sales floor. If something fails, it isn't sold. JC Penny gets a bad wrap for being Wal-Mart plus $10, but it really isnt true. You really get a lot more quality than you realize there. And no, I dont work for JC Penny.

I'm also a huge fan of DKNY and Calvin Klein bras. Both of them are amazingly well-constructed.

Quote Originally Posted by msdeb View Post
    while we're here, anyone have any ideas for me? due to breast cancer i had a partial mastectomy of my right breast (3 tumors took a big chunk). before the fun i was a 38DD. now? my right one is a single D and my left is still a DD. so what i usually do is buy the D and hope for the best. i'm at a loss as to what i'm supposed to do.
    Aww. I'm so glad you're still here, and kudos to you for going through that. I'm a former wardrobe stylist. I can direct to you a ton of sites where you can purchase 'cookies' for your bra. You're on the right track to purchase your normal DD size. Look for bras that have the folds on the interior of the cup (usually bras that already have padding / bust enhancement in them), so you can slip an additional pad on the inside. That way, you can slip the additional pad in there, and forget about it - it will then be a normal bra that you can wash and wear like normal, and you can forget about your cup difference b/c it will even you out and no one will be the wiser.

If you can let me know where you lost your mass, I can direct you to a particular type of 'cookie' / breast pad. Did you lose it on the underside, on the top, side, or all over?

This is a site where professional wardrobe stylists get their supplies. Depending upon where you lost your mass, you'd want to get a different type of pad. You could figure it out on your own, but I'm happy to help you too. Either way.
    Manhattan Wardrobe Supply: Wardrobe Supplies - Film, TV, Theater

If you want to put it in the fold of your bra and forget it, then go with one of the cotton / poly pads. PM me or respond here if you have any questions.

Wow, we do have some big titties up in here!

I like all the suggestions so far, thanks everyone that is posting. You're all so helpful!

A*O

I think most good dept stores have good bra fitters in their lingerie dept and it's always worth getting properly measured because you'd be surprised what your real size is compared to what you guess it might be. The fitters also know the various brands and which ones suit your type of shape best. You can't afford to be coy, just get in there, strip off and let the fitter advise. They don't always push the most expensive and if you tell them what you want they can usually find the perfect bra for you.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information