Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Best online store for those on a budget

czb

Quote Originally Posted by Shinola View Post
    This place ain't fashion, but it's excellent for certain things--wool underwear, ski apparel, things like that.

Sierra Trading Post – Great Deals. Great Brands.
    i just got some stuff from there. i agree, it isn't fashion, but they have great discounts on mountain hardwear and patagonia. not a fan of the christian quotes on the website and in the catalog, though.

^ yeah, forever21 has the christian thing going on too, on the shopping bags.

Camping Gear - Discount Clothing, Outdoor Gear & Camping Equipment - Top Brands including North Face & Columbia Sportswear is good for outdoor stuff at great prices too
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Silver Member

Florida - did you read my initial post?

apparently the winner on the board is who can come up with the nastiest post. (not directed to fl).

^^ Then you may just be the winner in this thread. Your retort was quite acidic. See how many people were offended? Many.

Yes, someone took a knock at you. It was mainly a knock at LL Bean, but I can see why you'd get testy about it. That happens sometimes on the Internet, yes? It happens. And then ... we move on.

I've noticed that in many threads you keep referring to your age. You're the one who's making a big deal out of it. I doubt anyone here cares what your age is, or even what your taste is. LL Bean isn't my favorite place, but I've had a few of their items from time to time to mix into my wardrobe and found them well-made and versatile.

As others have pointed out, the topic of this thread is budget or discount shopping. Make it about LL Bean if you want. But please stop making it about you.
    Posted from my fucking iPhone

Yes moving on is the usual answer
    Silly bitches, twitchy links are NOT for kids!-Mel

I've bought a couple of things from the Sundance catalog's outlet section. They run some pretty deep sales all year. It's not exactly cheap, but they carry boutique-level and hand-crafted goods:

Sundance Outlet and Sundance Catalog Sale | Sundance Catalog

Exchanging glances with the cunty bitches

Quote Originally Posted by zigzag View Post
    Sparky, should i be labelled a duck hunter and an old preppy? i apologize for my comment, it was inappropriate. i was irriated for having a shot directed at me.

and as far as the Walmart thread goes, mocking those people for being poor, not having the right clothes, car, is what its about. suck it up. and before you snap your next photo, remember if you get caught, you could get sued.
    No worries. I personally think there's nothing wrong with shopping wherever you like, as long as it makes you happy. So if someone likes goth clothes, life is too short not to wear them.

As for the walmart issue, it's my interpretation that it's not about walmart shoppers per se, but about the crazy and inappropriate things people wear in public. Other posters can back me up when I say this- I do not and have never condoned making fun of children, elderly or disabled persons. Some things I just don't approve of doing, but other people do and it's a gossip board so I don't get in a tizzy about it. I'm not sure what upsets you so deeply about the walmart thread, but it's best to know that you can't change people, especially over the net. So if you don't like it, just ignore it and have fun in other threads.
    Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

czb

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    ^ yeah, forever21 has the christian thing going on too, on the shopping bags.

Camping Gear - Discount Clothing, Outdoor Gear & Camping Equipment - Top Brands including North Face & Columbia Sportswear is good for outdoor stuff at great prices too
    oh yes, campmor. we get their catalog, too. thanks for adding the url.

and what's up with the christian quotes? ugh. if they put up 'greed is good' i bet there would be an outcry. but i guess we can choose not to shop there.

as for zigzag, she seems like a nice poster so i will assume that the post in today's this thread was an aberration. and i didn't notice the references to her age, i for one am starting to feel older than dirt so i guess i'm sensitive about age as well.

I think I smell Velveeta...
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

czb

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    I think I smell Velveeta...
    huh??

velveeta always makes me hongry for brownies..
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(_)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

oh hush Twitchy. circumstances were brought up about one girl being a student and since my line was copied about having enough money to shop, i had every right to explain. my suggestions were bashed. i'm done with this.
    No, you hush.
    Quote Originally Posted by FloridaGatorGirl View Post
    uh oh...i hope twitchy's in a good mood today...
    When am I never all sweetness and light?

Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    I hope she isn't bwahhhhhhhhh
    Bite me missy.
    apparently the winner on the board is who can come up with the nastiest post. (not directed to fl).
    Enjoy your victory lap.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mel1973 View Post
    velveeta always makes me hongry for brownies..
    Mmmmm. Brownies.

My big beef with online shipping is the shipping charges. You've really got to check out the shipping info before placing an order. Sometimes it's great and sometimes what looks like a bargain isn't when it's all added up.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

Quote Originally Posted by czb View Post
    oh yes, campmor. we get their catalog, too. thanks for adding the url.

and what's up with the christian quotes? ugh. if they put up 'greed is good' i bet there would be an outcry. but i guess we can choose not to shop there.
    Never had heard of Campmor--I see some excellent kids' shoes and winter boots there. And some very discounted running gear. Thank you!!!!

I went into a Hobby Lobby in New Mexico--they were playing hymns as the Muzak. Maybe a fifth to a quarter of the things they sold were Christian-themed. I felt like I'd entered some kind of parallel universe. Compared to that, a Bible verse here or there is nothin'.

Quote Originally Posted by karistiona View Post

Awesome idea for a topic, pretty much everyone loves a bargain! I especially love them for work clothes, I absolutely begrudge paying 30 for a pair of bootcut trousers that I'll only wear to the office. Does anyone know of any sites like these for us UK folk? I found this one: qsgroup.co.uk | cheap clothes | shop online | fashionable | cheap | ladies clothes | cheap women's clothes | cheap men's clothing | cheap kids clothes | cheap home wares | but I've never heard of it so I'm a bit wary. It does have some nice wee bits for work and whatnot though.
    Thanks Kari - I'll be checking them out...

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    ^ La Redoute is pretty good. They're only in Europe now, they closed down the US website a while back.

La Redoute: French Fashion designer clothes at great prices - Home Shopping Catalogue UK
    Have you tried cyrillus? I wouldn't say its cheap but they have some nice stuff!
    http://www.cyrillus.com/en/ & I think that Mark & Spence now ship to the US. Again, not exactly cheap but mostly quality... Marks & Spencer

Quote Originally Posted by Shinola View Post
    This place ain't fashion, but it's excellent for certain things--wool underwear, ski apparel, things like that.

Sierra Trading Post €“ Great Deals. Great Brands.
    Wool knickers! What every country girl needs! LOL! *scurries over there....*

Sparkly - I've had some great jersey stuff from this ebay shop. Its all new, I think that he has his own factory? eBay Seller: lan120: Clothes, Shoes Accessories items on eBay.co.uk The trans-atlantic shipping is quite expensive, but you'll not have that problem.

Oh & someone tell me when that person finally has their meltdown or comes out as PB's sister, so I can take them off ignore....
    Free Charmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Just Kill Me View Post
    I am a sucker for a sale! I did get a call from the BF and he says "What did you buy at BC something or other?" Ummmmmmmmmmm

I am not a complete spaz but if I can get awesome shit for a good price I will get it and I will explain to my bf that what I am buying will not be thrown out next season and that I got a totally awesome deal.
    Why do you have to explain anything to your BF about what you choose to buy???
    Santa is an elitist mother fucker -- giving expensive shit to rich kids and nothing to poor kids.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread Information