Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Best online store for those on a budget

Quote Originally Posted by McJag View Post
    I have! I was very pleased,too. I got a nightgown set to give as a gift when my little cousin was getting married. 30 bucks on sale-way marked down,very expensive material. Just totally lovely. I would do it again-she was thrilled.
    Cool! I think I'll go take a look. Need sweaters.
    Posted from my fucking iPhone

Bud-get??? WTF is the word "budget"? I overpay on everything by at least $50 just cause I can.

For all of the poor, borderline homeless, budget bums in this thread, here is a website that might be of some help on searching for your "budget" was it? websites.
    Store Ratings and Reviews by Real People - Trusted Online Shopping

Quote Originally Posted by L1049 View Post
    Bud-get??? WTF is the word "budget"? I overpay on everything by at least $50 just cause I can.
    Tell me about the wayne's coating in your elevator.
    As Canadian as possible under the circumstances

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What's traitors, precious?" -- President Gollum

Quote Originally Posted by zigzag View Post
    its to bad some parents didn't teach certain posters about name calling.

speaking of making fun of those shopping at budget stores, i don't suppose any of you post in the Walmart thread.

its too bad some parents didn't teach certain posters about name calling.

um,fixed for you.

And if a guy with a mullet was shopping at Chanel,I would make fun of him too,it has nothing to do with budget stores.Money does not buy class or taste,obviously.
    eat a hot bowl of dicks.

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

Quote Originally Posted by mrs.v View Post

um,fixed for you.

And if a guy with a mullet was shopping at Chanel,I would make fun of him too,it has nothing to do with budget stores.Money does not buy class or taste,obviously.
    OMG LOL, you're from that English teachers forum LaFolie was talking about!

Money may not buy class but I can at least upholster my chairs with fleece with a mullet that has been perfectly blown out. Now that would be something to see, a professionally styled mullet.
    KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GOD DAMNED HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

Fuck you all, I'm going viral.

Silver Member

Sparky, should i be labelled a duck hunter and an old preppy? i apologize for my comment, it was inappropriate. i was irriated for having a shot directed at me.

and as far as the Walmart thread goes, mocking those people for being poor, not having the right clothes, car, is what its about. suck it up. and before you snap your next photo, remember if you get caught, you could get sued.

If I was up your ass you'd know where I am!

i guess i could be classified as an older preppy. have to disappoint about the duck hunting though. at least we have enough money i don't need to shop at the budget stores.
    You know what? A lot of us who like to shop at budget stores don't necessarily do it because we have to. However, it is in poor taste to pat yourself on the back like that in a way that demeans those who do. How much money you have doesn't have anything to do with what kind of person you are any more than how much you pay for your clothes does. Frankly, I'm generally amused by those who think it's a privilege to pay an overpriced amount for something that was still made in some Chinese sweatshop somewhere. Just because you paid more for it doesn't make it worth more.

But, I understand you were feeling defensive when you felt your choice of clothing was being mocked. I don't think it makes you a jerk, we all say bitchy things sometimes and for the record LL Bean has some fine classic pieces. All lines/brands have a target consumer and there isn't anything wrong with liking ducks and preppy clothes.
    Only the good die young.........................
    bitches like me live forever!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nobody is mocking Walmart shoppers for being poor. Many of us shop there. People in the photos are being tittered at for poor taste.

Ask yourself who the only person is here who has mocked those with lower budgets.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post
    That was backhanded. I'm not sure the smiley is working.
    Very PB'ish with the smiley isn't it

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post
    Tell me about the wayne's coating in your elevator.
    Awww I miss those stories

Quote Originally Posted by mrs.v View Post

um,fixed for you.

So true, so true.
    Silly bitches, twitchy links are NOT for kids!-Mel

Silver Member

Thank you Crumpet for your understanding into my comments. i want to make it clear that i honor anyone who makes the most of what they do with the situation and means given them whether it be little or alot.

Mr. Zig and i are older and have worked hard and we should not be put down for coming to a point of being able to afford some of the finer things in life. we all choose our professions and thus our potential incomes. we are not wasteful, shop wisely, we give back through giving.

you don't have to like Macy's or LL Bean but it would be nice if my choices had been respected as well. i wouldn't have said what i did if i hadn't felt bashed and i've apologized for it.

Jesus. Nobody is coming down on you for being able to afford more expensive items. Stop trying to twist the argument. Stop with the passive aggressive "you chose to be poor" ie. "we all choose our professions and thus our potential incomes. we are not wasteful, shop wisely".

This isn't about "respecting your choices" This WAS a thread dedicated to budget shopping.

Silver Member

oh hush Twitchy. circumstances were brought up about one girl being a student and since my line was copied about having enough money to shop, i had every right to explain. my suggestions were bashed. i'm done with this.

Oh get over yourself ZigZag, and lose the straw man. I wasn't bashing you, but LL Bean- so unless you're him, which is doubtful as he's been dead for quite some time- there was no need to take it as a personal attack.

Your 'at least I can afford' comment is presumptuous, as you have no idea of any of our financial situations. There are many affluent people here, and many that are less so. No need to try to put the less affluent down, which you did.
    Last edited by witchcurlgirl; September 9th, 2009 at 10:57 AM.
    It's no longer a dog whistle, it's a fucking trombone

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

fgg

zigzag - this thread was about budget shopping and you chose to throw in ll bean which is not a budget store so you deliberately took the thread off topic and then proceeded to insinuate that if we don't like it then we must be poor. honestly, i don't think ll bean is expensive (or attractive ). there are a lot of posters who shop all across the board - macy's, neiman's, nordstroms, bloomindales, target, topshop, walmart, h&m, etc. - myself included. i may not spend my money wisely but i am far from poor.

oh hush Twitchy.
    uh oh...i hope twitchy's in a good mood today...

Quote Originally Posted by FloridaGatorGirl View Post

uh oh...i hope twitchy's in a good mood today...
    I hope she isn't bwahhhhhhhhh
    Silly bitches, twitchy links are NOT for kids!-Mel

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread Information