Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Best online store for those on a budget

That was backhanded. I'm not sure the smiley is working.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

Quote Originally Posted by zigzag View Post
    at least we have enough money i don't need to shop at the budget stores.
    Yes, because LL Bean is haute couture.

Now, I would go all 'FF' on you, because I'm lucky and I know it, but my parents raised me well enough not to make fun of budget stores and those that shop there. They considered it bad manners.

In fact, I love a bargain. Nothing makes me happier than when I get a compliment on something I'm wearing and can say '$20 - on sale' or '$10 bucks in a thrift shop'. I consider it a score.

Are my smileys working?
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    Yes, because LL Bean is haute couture.

Now, I would go all 'FF' on you, because I'm lucky and I know it, but my parents raised me well enough not to make fun of budget stores and those that shop there. They considered it bad manners.

In fact, I love a bargain. Nothing makes me happier than when I get a compliment on something I'm wearing and can say '$20 - on sale' or '$10 bucks in a thrift shop'. I consider it a score.

Are my smileys working?

Awesome idea for a topic, pretty much everyone loves a bargain! I especially love them for work clothes, I absolutely begrudge paying 30 for a pair of bootcut trousers that I'll only wear to the office. Does anyone know of any sites like these for us UK folk? I found this one: qsgroup.co.uk | cheap clothes | shop online | fashionable | cheap | ladies clothes | cheap women's clothes | cheap men's clothing | cheap kids clothes | cheap home wares | but I've never heard of it so I'm a bit wary. It does have some nice wee bits for work and whatnot though.
    I smile because I have no idea what's going on

^ La Redoute is pretty good. They're only in Europe now, they closed down the US website a while back.

La Redoute: French Fashion designer clothes at great prices - Home Shopping Catalogue UK
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Ooh nice, they have some lovely basics.
    I smile because I have no idea what's going on

Yeah, that was too bad about La Redoute closing its U.S. operation. They had awesome stuff.

My favorite in-person place for budget clothing items is Target. To go more fashion-y on a budget, Nordstrom Rack is great if you have one near you.

Has anyone here ever bought clothing from Overstock.com? I've gotten a few other things from them--housewares and the like--and have seen a few clothing items that look interesting but never actually ordered from them.
    Posted from my fucking iPhone

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

I am a sucker for a sale! I did get a call from the BF and he says "What did you buy at BC something or other?" Ummmmmmmmmmm

I am not a complete spaz but if I can get awesome shit for a good price I will get it and I will explain to my bf that what I am buying will not be thrown out next season and that I got a totally awesome deal.
    KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GOD DAMNED HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

Fuck you all, I'm going viral.

This place ain't fashion, but it's excellent for certain things--wool underwear, ski apparel, things like that.

Sierra Trading Post – Great Deals. Great Brands.

Silver Member

its to bad some parents didn't teach certain posters about name calling.

speaking of making fun of those shopping at budget stores, i don't suppose any of you post in the Walmart thread.

^^Um, zigzag, maybe it's time to let it go.

its to bad some parents didn't teach certain posters about name calling.

speaking of making fun of those shopping at budget stores, i don't suppose any of you post in the Walmart thread.
    Hmmm L.L. Bean stuff is overpriced Walmart shit to me... There's nothing wrong with bargain shopping...
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

Quote Originally Posted by Shinola View Post
    Yeah, that was too bad about La Redoute closing its U.S. operation. They had awesome stuff.

My favorite in-person place for budget clothing items is Target. To go more fashion-y on a budget, Nordstrom Rack is great if you have one near you.

Has anyone here ever bought clothing from Overstock.com? I've gotten a few other things from them--housewares and the like--and have seen a few clothing items that look interesting but never actually ordered from them.
    I have! I was very pleased,too. I got a nightgown set to give as a gift when my little cousin was getting married. 30 bucks on sale-way marked down,very expensive material. Just totally lovely. I would do it again-she was thrilled.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Exchanging glances with the cunty bitches

i guess i could be classified as an older preppy. have to disappoint about the duck hunting though. at least we have enough money i don't need to shop at the budget stores.
    That was really mean of you. I have no choice but to shop at the bargain stores because I'm a college student and trying to make something of myself. I also support myself with a job as well, so my money is tight, and I'm not ashamed to admit that I shop for sales and bargains. I love fashion so I look for places that offer modern clothes at a discount. And there's nothing wrong with not being able to afford LL Bean. I'd rather be temporarily poor than have a permanent chip on my shoulder.
    Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

I love shopping for bargains and I commend all those brave soldiers that sally forth and command our armies to the call of battle for the great cause of damn hawt clothing at wicked prices! Sparkly, I salute you!
    Act normal and the crowd will accept you. Act deranged and they will make you their leader

For all of you trying to dress well on tight budgets: the day after Christmas & July 5th are great times to shop. All the big department store just junk stuff-changing seasons. If you plan ahead and save up you will find a wonderland out there! Neimans has things on with Target prices. You can always find year round classic pieces.Even when single and penniless,my wardrobe was some kinda fine!
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread Information