Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Bandal: Good idea or bad idea?

bim⋅bo

Show Spelled Pronunciation [bim-boh] Show IPA –noun, plural -bos, -boes. Slang.
    1. a foolish, stupid, or inept person.
    2. a man or fellow, often a disreputable or contemptible one.
    3. Disparaging and Offensive. an attractive but stupid young woman, esp. one with loose morals.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

I sort of like the snakeskin ones, but in general this sort of style isn't attractive or very wearable imo. Very trying too hard to be a fashionista, I agree.

Reminds me of a game I would play on the streets of Barcelona, called Hooker or Fashionista? You'd see some women in really out-there outfits, and you'd have to guess if she was a hooker or a fashionista. Sometimes it was hard to tell.

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    i don't think so. it all depends on how you wear them. i think a lot of these shoes can look a lot more edgy than bimbo. of course it all depends on what you wear with them. a trashy bimbo will pair them with a tight mini-dress, boobs hanging out and a french manicure. but pair them with skinny jeans and a leather jacket, or a cool dress and black tights and it's a whole different vibe.
    think of the pictures of gwyneth paltrow wearing these kinds of shoes. people may hate her for many different reasons but if there's one thing the woman is not, it's a bimbo.
    She's a vapid clotheshorse, so yes she qualifies as a bimbo. Designers are hired by manufacturers to introduce yearly fashion variations to keep the business going and inevitably it turns now and then into a pisstake, and this is such an instance, they're really taking women for dummies and you don't have to follow, you can laugh

Quote Originally Posted by Beeyotch View Post
    Reminds me of a game I would play on the streets of Barcelona, called Hooker or Fashionista? You'd see some women in really out-there outfits, and you'd have to guess if she was a hooker or a fashionista. Sometimes it was hard to tell.
    that sounds like great fun....add an outdoor table, a few cocktails and some biting comments and I could make that my new pastime
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

^^^ It's a great pastime, sit down with a friend a just look at the shoes passing by, not the people wearing them, and you're bound to crack up at the first incogruous ones

Quote Originally Posted by lalala View Post
    She's a vapid clotheshorse, so yes she qualifies as a bimbo. Designers are hired by manufacturers to introduce yearly fashion variations to keep the business going and inevitably it turns now and then into a pisstake, and this is such an instance, they're really taking women for dummies and you don't have to follow, you can laugh
    you can also have fun by choosing to wear what you like, instead of taking it so seriously.
    i agree a lot of 'fashionistas' just follow trends for the sake of it, but i also see people with great style who obviously have fun getting dressed and wear whatever strikes their fancy and looks good on them, even if it means 'incongruous' shoes. fashion would be so boring if no one ever took the piss and had no sense of humour - and that goes as much for the designers as for the people wearing the clothes.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Having fun doesn't mean follow everything like a lemming, and when the form defies the function you should know you're the one who is laughed at, like when you sweat in your open toe boots in the summer or when you freeze your toes in your open boots in the winter or when you just look really silly with your toes exposed during the mid-season

Ick. I hate anything that makes my feet a prisoner of them.

Quote Originally Posted by lalala View Post
    Having fun doesn't mean follow everything like a lemming, and when the form defies the function you should know you're the one who is laughed at, like when you sweat in your open toe boots in the summer or when you freeze your toes in your open boots in the winter or when you just look really silly with your toes exposed during the mid-season
    lol i didn't say following every trend like a lemming. but if something comes along that you like and you can pull it off stylishly and it looks good on you, why not? also, fashion isn't just about function. some things aren't 'useful' and are just meant to be fun or funky, and that's ok. it's not just about what's practical, thank god. how boring would that be? some shoes you can't really walk in but look incredible but who cares if you're wearing them for an occasion that won't require walking?
    and why would you freeze? i can think of many occasions where you could wear these without having to freeze.
    as for looking 'silly' showing your toes in the mid-season (oh noes! what a sin...) i guess it all depends on the person. some people think there are a lot of rules and do's and don'ts, other people don't.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

I'm not a fan. I just don't think they're flattering.

Gold Member

Noooo, I see a broken foot/ankle or ass in my future if I try to wear something like this.

Plus they're kind of ugly, reminds me of the ortho shoe I wore with my crutches, lol.
    Snooky Wookums, prepare for the invasion!

This is exactly what caterers in nurseries and primary schools used to wear back in the eighties in Eastern Europe. This was part of their uniform. How cool is that? Not...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information