Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Balenciaga bags

that looks a little beat up. and it's still 500 bucks. i wouldn't buy a used balenciaga unless it was in a dark colour because of the dark handles and also the tassles look fried.
    you can prevent dark handles by carrying your bag in the crook of your arm instead of in your hand.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

czb

^^^ sput, you are right, i am probably going to get the first. i just have to figure out 1) if it's small enough and 2) color. i'm not trendy enough to get aqua or fuschia.

i don't think i'm going to get a used one. they are still pretty $$$ and i would need to see it first which is impossible since i want to buy it online. hate going shopping and i'm not even sure what stores here carry them, there is no local balenciaga store.

according to the old biddies at the purse forum, neiman marcus and barney's in san francisco have them. is that close to you?
    and the first is pretty small. it could even double as an evening bag.

nicki hilton with her first:

I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Bitches on the purse forum do approve of the anns fabulous closeouts sites though so if you do find a used one you like there, they seem to be a reputable seller.
    As Canadian as possible under the circumstances

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What's traitors, precious?" -- President Gollum

czb

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    according to the old biddies at the purse forum, neiman marcus and barney's in san francisco have them. is that close to you?
    and the first is pretty small. it could even double as an evening bag.
    . . . .
    that is VERY close but i looked online and neither stores had them. i'm not a good shopper so would prefer to do online. it's weird, though. the balenciaga only had the first in black and black/grey, but the rafaella website you posted had it in several colors? i think i read somewhere that the balenciaga website doesn't post all the bags they have.

and by my standards, the first is BIG. i'm not one of those ladies that carries a handbag bigger than my head. well, except for the diaper bag but i can't help that.

twitchy, i read elsewhere that that site is good but i'm reluctant to get a used bag unless i can see it in person.

call or e-mail the balenciaga site and ask if they have other colours.
    also, call neiman marcus and barney's - sometimes they can track something down for you in another city and have it shipped.
    that said, i think black and anthracite (dark grey) are great colours and will look good with anything. they also had a gorgeous midnight blue a few years ago that i wanted so bad.

Why is it so hard to find dark blue bags? You'd think it would be a basic colour.
    As Canadian as possible under the circumstances

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What's traitors, precious?" -- President Gollum

^^^
    i know!
    i think it's because navy bags still get associated with those tacky old navy bags from back when women matched their shoes to their clothes to their belts to their bags, and if you wore navy you just had to wear a navy bag and navy shoes. and those old navy bags were vile.
    but i love dark blue - not necessarily navy - and i mix it with black and brown and grey and whatever colour i want to as long as it looks good.
    but there is still a lack of dark blue bags out there...

Quote Originally Posted by czb View Post
    that is VERY close but i looked online and neither stores had them. i'm not a good shopper so would prefer to do online. it's weird, though. the balenciaga only had the first in black and black/grey, but the rafaella website you posted had it in several colors? i think i read somewhere that the balenciaga website doesn't post all the bags they have.

and by my standards, the first is BIG. i'm not one of those ladies that carries a handbag bigger than my head. well, except for the diaper bag but i can't help that.

twitchy, i read elsewhere that that site is good but i'm reluctant to get a used bag unless i can see it in person.
    Balenciaga is surprisingly hard to find here in the US. Most department stores that carry Balenciaga don't sell it online because they sell out of stock so quickly. Are you in the LA-area? If so I could tell you which specific stores have Balenciaga there.

Also something to keep in mind about Balenciaga bags- their top-handle bags aren't shoulder bags. You pretty much have to carry them in the crook of your elbow or by hand. Unless you're a very slim person, they don't fit nicely over the shoulder.

And lastly.... my 2-cents on Balenciaga... sorry to rain on your parade but I think they are overpriced. I came very close to buying a handbag in their NYC boutique but the quality just wasn't in line with the price. I went with a Chanel bag instead and have been so pleased with it. 3 years later, after near-daily use, my Chanel still looks like it just came out of the box yesterday.

But anyway, if you can't find the exact Balenciaga bag you want, you can call their NYC store. They are really helpful and will email you pics of bags that they have, and ship it out to you if you find one you love.

^^^
    keep in mind the city and a couple of other top handle models come with a detachable shoulder strap so you can carry the bag messenger style or on your shoulder.

czb

[quote=Cali;2117190]Balenciaga is surprisingly hard to find here in the US. Most department stores that carry Balenciaga don't sell it online because they sell out of stock so quickly. Are you in the LA-area? If so I could tell you which specific stores have Balenciaga there.

Also something to keep in mind about Balenciaga bags- their top-handle bags aren't shoulder bags. You pretty much have to carry them in the crook of your elbow or by hand. Unless you're a very slim person, they don't fit nicely over the shoulder.

. . . .quote]

ok, thanks for letting me know that. i definitely need something i can either carry by the handle or sometimes throw over my shoulder, i have twins and need free hands. so are you saying the first is out? and go with the city as sput suggests?? got waylaid with work so haven't had time to buy a bag yet.

i checked the balenciaga website. the first comes with a removable shoulder strap as well.

czb

i checked the balenciaga website. the first comes with a removable shoulder strap as well.
    that's what i thought but then cali said that you can't wear it over your shoulder?

^^^
    that's if you wear it without the shoulder straps. the website says the removable strap has a 7.5in drop so that's definitely long enough to wear on your shoulder.

czb

^^^
    that's if you wear it without the shoulder straps. the website says the removable strap has a 7.5in drop so that's definitely long enough to wear on your shoulder.
    that's what i was thinking but cali's post threw me. too much thought for a bag.

thanks, all.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information