Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Back to front models struggle to make it down the catwalk

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    but that's what art is all about, and always has been. if it pandered to the establishment all the time, it would never be innovative.
    It's supposed to be beautiful, uplifting, something we aspire to -not a stupid joke.

^^^
    no it's not. not all art is beautiful, uplifting and aspirational. that's way too narrow a definition. art can be ugly, funny, sad, brutal, provocative, ironic... it's whatever the artist wants to say.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Standing outside a KFC defending the Colonel

Awe man, now I want to be a fashion designer too. I could just be like, “You there, model, throw this blanket over your head.” And, “You other model, I’m going to put a nylon stocking over your head and perhaps make you wear a coat made from hair.”
    Then, I’d dress them up as if they were walking backwards all while yelling “Ladies, do cheer up, I assure you that the butt in the front is sure to be the next fashion rage.”

After I was all finished making them look dumb, I would then sneak out into the audience and watch my models try to walk down a runway blinded my by fashion creations, all while heckling them, snorting cocaine and giggling maniacally!

Dammit, why didn’t anyone ever tell me that this was a viable career option?????

I feel cheated.
    I have opinions of my own -- strong opinions -- but I don't always agree with them. - George W. Bush

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    but that's what art is all about, and always has been. if it pandered to the establishment all the time, it would never be innovative.

it's fine not to like something but i never understood the anger so many people have toward modern art, or fashion that isn't conventionally pretty and classic LOL
    Tell me about it. I'm not attracted to a lot of modern art (but then, I don't care for a lot of classic art either-I'm picky that way), but I can see it has its place.

Except Damian Hirst, who does make me irrationally angry for some reason (mostly because I find him so wildly overrated).
    "Remember to always be yourself. Unless you suck." - Joss Whedon

"The only thing more expensive than education is ignorance." -Benjamin Franklin

Japanese horror trope + high fashion = um... no

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information