Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The baby doll, puffed-sleeve trend -- when will it end?

I have something to gripe about as far as current trends. BELTS, why does every shirt I buy have to come with a freaking belt??? I HATE that look. I'm FAT, I can't wear a gigantic belt around my gigantic tire! It looks BAD. Enough already!
    All you can do at life is play along and hope that sometimes you get it right.

Gold Member

I agree; belts are not for me either.

The wide buckled belts right under the boobs, is a bad look. I've seen some girls around here doing that. It simply looks silly.
    When your daughter plays "House," she pretends to be an annoying doctor with a pill-addiction and a limp.

Especially in leather, looks like a harness.
    Hello mother fucker! when you ask a question read also the answer instead of asking another question on an answer who already contain the answer of your next question!
    -Bugdoll-

The babydoll tops...even when a thin woman is wearing one, they remind me too much of maternity tops. I can't get past it. And so many of these teenage girls walking around wearing them do have a little bit of tummy, even if they aren't fat, and they simply look pregnant. I don't think it is a good look at all. Puffy sleeves or not.
    Value the future on a timescale longer than your own. -Richard Dawkins

I have to admit to owning a few of these tops as well. However they are still sitting in the bottom of the drawer. I am a compulsive buyer and then end up giving heaps to charity. I think they look cute but you definately have to have good arms to wear it.

ooh I'm glad it's not just me who hates the smock-mock pregnant look. I'm tall (5 foot 11 inches) and fairly small waisted, and these tops make me look like a big blocky block. Horrid.
    Also, Maxi-dresses! I really want to wear these but the ones I've tried all seem to be cinched at the point under your bosom,and again, make me look shapeless and stupid. I tend to go for the prom dress style cut, much more flattering to me!

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by o0Amber0o View Post
    I have something to gripe about as far as current trends. BELTS, why does every shirt I buy have to come with a freaking belt??? I HATE that look. I'm FAT, I can't wear a gigantic belt around my gigantic tire! It looks BAD. Enough already!
    omg AMEN sister! i hate the belt shit too simply b/c they dont belong on shirt, tube tops or the like and i see them on all the wrong ppl! like they're a divider between the boobs and the belly and thats not where belts go betch!

I'm a tubby-about-to-be-40, so the baby-doll look is out for me unless I want to look like the size of a bus, however, I bough a couple of puffed sleeve tops from banana republic (on sale too) in Jan & wear them with my jeans & get compliments from everyone (inc the checkout girls in my local supermarket!), however, the maxi-dressesthe empire-line tops & dresses, the stupid belts anywhere! and clumpy shoes are not for me! I have wedgey shoe
    but they're subtle not a flared-platform-thing!
    Free Charmed.

Elite Member DoveFeatheredRaven's Avatar

Most of the current fashion makes everyone look pregnant. We should all be pissed off at some of those clearly woman-hating designers who have foisted this upon us!

Gold Member

^ Lol. I agree, I don't know why the pregnant look is so big these days.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information