Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Attention GR Fashionistas!!! Help dress me please!

Agreed.

If it were almost any other event I'd be totally open to stepping out of my comfort zone. But I have to be on point in terms of confidence for this particular event, so I need to feel 150% comfortable in my clothes.
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."

If your arms look like that then you do not have bad arms/ batwings???

You are tall so you probably dress well in a pantsuit/tux like the above, if you want a dress why not
    a trapeze dress with leggings, thighs or with little booties?
    I have one with 3 quarter-lenght sleeves and I have worn the dress to death.
    It fits every occasion, never feels over- or underdressed, depending on the accessories/ shoes

A*O

If you think you've got bat wings, mine are off a pterodactyl. I go for 3/4 length which cover a multitude of sins.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Quote Originally Posted by nwgirl View Post
    Lolol! I didn't even notice the colors. I'm olive-ish skinned with blonde hair, dark brown eyes. No idea what that means for coloring.
    if you're blonde with olive undertones you've probably got warm or neutral undertones. is your blonde hair warm or cool? are you pale or do you have darker skin?
    take the test here http://www.colormebeautiful.com/index.html
    it will give you an idea of colours that look good on you.

Agreed.

If it were almost any other event I'd be totally open to stepping out of my comfort zone. But I have to be on point in terms of confidence for this particular event, so I need to feel 150% comfortable in my clothes.
    don't let the colour nazis make you feel like you have to wear colours you don't feel comfortable in. also, if you're blonde and fairly light-skinned, chances are big bold colours wouldn't look that great on you anyway. personally, i think i look best in muted colours and i prefer a neutral palette and i don't feel like i need to wear bright pink or bright red to keep things interesting. you can mix it up while staying within your comfort zone and besides the most important thing is that whatever you wear makes you feel confident and comfortable and like yourself. and if that doesn't involve bright colours, that's your right and it doesn't make you boring.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

After reading the description in the first post, my mind went straight to the classic blouse and pants circa 1970's. Like Kate Jackson of Charlie's Angels would wear. Others have already suggested the pants/top.
    Matching colors between the blouse and pants to give a polished look.
    To set this apart from all your other outfits, try a color you have never worn. It doesn't have to be a bold or bright color. Heck, it can be all white!
    Accessorize to complete the look. I like soft jewellry with this look. Adds femininity to it.
    Heels count too. ... strappy ones to up the formal factor. Clunky ones would make it informal

A*O

Agree. Keep it simple and accessorise. Shoes can make or break an outfit. Ditto bag. I often wear a super fine pashmina that drapes beautifully around those tricky upper arms which is a bit more stylish than a jacket or coat. It works for almost any occasion.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

I vote for the tux! Hawt.

But I'm wearing yoga pants and my husband's old college hoodie so what do I know.

Post a pic of whatever you wear!
    if you're so incensed that you can't fly your penis in public take it up with your state, arrange a nude protest, go and be the rosa parks of cocks or something - witchcurlgirl

Soooo....the event ended up not being semi formal. Which I was so glad about. I had an outfit that was super cute. And which was not my normal. Very little black. But the shoes I bought (thank you Steve Madens) sucked ass. Still killing my feet 4+:hours in.

Soooo....the event ended up not being semi formal. Which I was so glad about. I had an outfit that was super cute. And which was not my normal. Very little black. But the shoes I bought (thank you Steve Madens) sucked ass. Still killing my feet 4+:hours in.
    Every pair of Steve Madden shoes I've ever owned (3pairs) killed my feet. So I got rid of them & never buy that brand anymore no matter how cute I think they are at the store, lol

They were seriously the worst shoes I've ever worn! I always hear women talking about them like they're great so I thought how bad can they be? Ugh. I found out.

I threw them in the parking lot as we were getting in our car at the end of the night. Lol!

steve madden suck ass. i don't buy them. also, aldo shoe i've ever had has also massacred my feet or fallen apart and looked like shit within weeks. and i don't buy the fake leather ones, these are the leather ones i'm talking about. so i don't buy that brand anymore either.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information