Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Best place to purchase bras?

fgg

Default Best place to purchase bras?

i have been on the hunt for new bras for the past few months and i can't find any that fit me properly anywhere and it is getting so frustrating! i've been measured and i'm a 34DD which a lot of brands don't even carry or at least not in non-grandma (no offense) styles. i've been wearing vs for years but i'm looking for something different because none of their new styles fit.

which brands & which stores do you frequent for good quality bras?

I'm a 32DD and I wear Natori or Wacoal. They aren't the cute little VS bras, but they fit like a dream. A bit pricey, but one will last forever. Nordstrom, Macy's and Bloomingdales all carry them.

fgg

i tried on some wacoal today but the styles they had didn't work and they didn't have any natori in my size. i will definitely keep trying those. thanks!

Thanks for asking this. I need new bras because I don't think my breasts will ever be a small c again after having a kid. I think I am a large D now, but I don't know.....

My mother never talked to me about this stuff, I need some help!

How do I get measured? Can I go somewhere and have someone do it?

Where are the best places to buy bras for size D and up? I want something sexy, but comfortable. No padding needed!

How much should I pay? What is reasonable price?

How long should a good bra last?

Thanks!!!!

P.S. Sorry to high jack your thread....

fgg

^^no problem. pretty much any lingerie department can measure you but i've gotten it done at victoria's secret several times over the years. the wacoal bras i was looking at today were over $60 but you have to pay for what fits and flatters.

Vanity Fair is great for a larger breast size. Im 34D, but have friends larger, its our fav place for bras. I dont like padding or undewire and they are getting harder to find. And any department store will give you measurements. You can find a decent bra for $30 to $40 sometimes lower on sale. Hand launder or delicate cycle will prolong the life, and hang dry. I have boycotted VS since finding out about their labor practices but they have larger sizes as well.
    My grace is sufficient for you, for my my strength is made perfect in weakness...I love you dad!
    Rip Mom

This is great info. girls. I also wear a D size and it is so hard to find something that fits and is comfy.
    Life is what happens to you
    While you're busy making other plans ~ John Lennon

Nordstrom is very good at measuring. They give you a ton of different selections. They even tell you what sizes you can go to in other bras.

I wear a 34 D in a certain bra, The Lilyette minimizer is a fantatic bra. You can get those for about $35. Also, I got a great Olga bra. Looks great under everything.

while we're here, anyone have any ideas for me? due to breast cancer i had a partial mastectomy of my right breast (3 tumors took a big chunk). before the fun i was a 38DD. now? my right one is a single D and my left is still a DD. so what i usually do is buy the D and hope for the best. i'm at a loss as to what i'm supposed to do.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Quote Originally Posted by msdeb View Post
    while we're here, anyone have any ideas for me? due to breast cancer i had a partial mastectomy of my right breast (3 tumors took a big chunk). before the fun i was a 38DD. now? my right one is a single D and my left is still a DD. so what i usually do is buy the D and hope for the best. i'm at a loss as to what i'm supposed to do.
    I think the oppisite way-but to fit the larger bosom & use one of those soft pads in the other when needed. You can't squash up the bigger one & stay happy,I should think. The 30 year bra shop owner they had on TV here said it is practically impossible to just get a bra to fit. She said 90% need to be altered to fit. So,go to a big department store. Find out the one who has been fitting bras the longest. Find the right bra & then see it it needs altering.
    PS. You all are making me sick. 34B here.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

I'm a size F, but it's a size F 70, 32 DD in the US (I don't understand these size converters). It is so hard to find a good bra, so I need to go to a store which sells french underwear and it's so damn expensive. I pay something like 70-120 euros per bra, sometimes more if I find a nice one, but they seem to last so well because they have been made to last with good materials.

I can't find anything in the regular store, nothing, not even the granny type bras because there is nothing in the size 70-75, or smaller.

fgg

Quote Originally Posted by Ahti View Post
    I'm a size F, but it's a size F 70, 32 DD in the US (I don't understand these size converters). It is so hard to find a good bra, so I need to go to a store which sells french underwear and it's so damn expensive. I pay something like 70-120 euros per bra, sometimes more if I find a nice one, but they seem to last so well because they have been made to last with good materials.

I can't find anything in the regular store, nothing, not even the granny type bras because there is nothing in the size 70-75, or smaller.
    i actually saw 30DD from calvin klein in dillard's yesterday which surprised me. i'm only used to seeing 32DD as the smallest.

I think Lise Charmel carry big-size bras.

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by McJag View Post
    I think the oppisite way-but to fit the larger bosom & use one of those soft pads in the other when needed. You can't squash up the bigger one & stay happy,I should think. The 30 year bra shop owner they had on TV here said it is practically impossible to just get a bra to fit. She said 90% need to be altered to fit. So,go to a big department store. Find out the one who has been fitting bras the longest. Find the right bra & then see it it needs altering.
    PS. You all are making me sick. 34B here.
    Got me beat. 34A here. I honestly get mine from Target. I used to do VS, but then started buying these cute bras for juniors at Target and they fit great. Make them look great too, so I'm saving a good chunk of change now.

My sister is an F and has trouble finding good, cute bras.

You can often find Wacoal at Marshall's and TJMaxx for $12.99 and under, but you take a chance with the selection, they're not always there, but it's good to check.

Any gal with 38D & up should check Lane Bryant, they carry beautiful bras that are not matronly at all, some are extremely sexy!

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information