Thread: Help me dress my age

Default Help me dress my age

I’m horrible with clothes, always have been and I look younger than I am, people think I’m 17-19 and I’m 26… not so funny and it doesn’t help that I dress like a 12 year old. On a good day I dress like Natalie Portman on a bad day.
    So pretty please, can someone help me dress my age? If the numbers at IMDB is true Natalie and I don’t just dress alike we have the same body, same height and everything if that helps. I feel really plain and boring.

I dress something like this...
    "Well isn't that special"

My girlfriend is about the same age and dresses with today's style...That outfit is fine for everyday casual...comfortable.
    "My style is impetuous, my defense is impregnable and I'm just ferocious. I want your heart. I want to eat your children. Praise be to Allah." TEAM MILEY!!

Actually, I like that outfit on Natalie.. especially the shirt..

But I get it all the time, people think I'm like 16, and I'm 27. Normally I don't care, I just dress however I like. But on some occasions, when it's important to look 'mature', I stick to 'basic but not boring'. Like, a nicely fitted shirt or blouse with jeans (not baggy!) or dress pants. Nothing too trendy or frilly, keep it simple. And pay some attention to what colors and styles flatter you. If you have Natalie's body type, you can get away with tight fitted clothes (but not too tight). Wear colors that look good on you, and match them (black bag, black shoes, etc). And don't wear sneakers or ballerinas. Elegant shoes or boots, with a moderate heel are perfect. Jewellery is great, but nothing big or flashy, and don't wear a million bracelets.

Yeah, that's all I have

Sorry if this is a bit of a thread necro but I thought I'd resurrect it anyway.

I'd say all you would need to do (for that type of outfit above, at least) is switch out the faded/distressed jeans for a pair in a dark wash and add a cute fitted blazer. And I agree with Jezi that, for shoes, try a pair of mid-heel, pointy-toe boots. That's nothing drastic but might help you feel a bit more your age.

And I know what you mean about looking younger. I've always looked young for my age and when I was 23 I got mistaken for a 13-year-old. I was totally devastated. Another time, I was at my best friend's bridal shower (I was about 25 at the time) in a province where the drinking age was 18. The mean, nasty, evil barely-18-year-old waitress embarassed me in front of everyone by demanding my ID (didn't ask anyone else) and then acting like it was fake. Beeyotch.
    "We know who we are, we like talking smack about strangers, and we're not gonna stop!" -- GR's Kalirga

Where do you work? You need decent grown-up work clothes. Basics-nice jackets,skirts & a white blouse can go a long way. Some dresses,although they don't have as much mileage,they still look good. A nice basic black & some nice scarves. At 26 show less skin than you did at 18 and in general,be more selective.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

So do I. Do you have the same hairstyle?

Thanks for resurrecting the thread Sialia.

Work is not a problem, I work from home or I get a “lovely” uniform, which makes me look like a kid and people will say, “Oh I want to talk to someone that works here” when I ask them if I can help them, thinking I’m what knows as “Prao” in Sweden (kids get to try working for a week instead of school)

Not the same hairstyle, long hair or I would look not only 12 but like a boy
    "Well isn't that special"

Plunging V necks (works even for small tits)+make-up

^ Not too much make up or flesh, though! Or else you just look like a teenager who's trying to look older by wearing makeup and skimpy clothes.

People think I'm way younger than I really am all the time. However, I suspect it's probably more to do with how short I am than whatever I'm wearing at the time. In the post-Xmas sales, I got IDed to prove I was old enough to buy a DVD rated for people aged 15 or older... and I'm 20 (yes, I'm still a bit bemused by that one)! I'm not fussed about it though. I figure I'll be very happy looking younger than I am when I'm 30 or so, and to enjoy it while it lasts.

What matters is that I have the ID to prove I am over 18 and therefore legally entitled to the full rights of adulthood. My friends like to take bets on how often I'll be IDed when we're out drinking... hmm.

When you're over 35 and get carded you'll love it, trust me. Looking much younger isn't always a bad thing.

Thread Information