Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fake purses anyone?

Question Fake purses anyone?

Someone told me they got their girls some purses from this site..anyone ever get anything here? Westoffer.com
    Or know of any better ones?

I love purses and want tons but can't afford the real thing.. in all the ones I want.
    'High, High. Yaw Both High and Smokin' Weeeed in Front of My Howse"
    Bah-Brahhh-Teen Mom

Never used them, but I poked around a bit. I compared a few of the ones that I actually own to the picture version and you can tell those are knockoffs. They are only vaguely similar. In fact, the Coach ones are some of the worst I have seen. They took the new rounder C and put it all over every kind of bag instead of just the few it launched on. One of the bags I have, their knockoff is about 1/16 the actual price, but it does look very different.

Do your research on any bag you want to buy, compare it to the originals (even if it is only on the website of the original designer) if you want to pass them off as real. I also noticed they offer a lot of the styles in colors and fabrics they were never offered in from the original designer.

Quote Originally Posted by NoDayButToday View Post
    Never used them, but I poked around a bit. I compared a few of the ones that I actually own to the picture version and you can tell those are knockoffs. They are only vaguely similar. In fact, the Coach ones are some of the worst I have seen. They took the new rounder C and put it all over every kind of bag instead of just the few it launched on. One of the bags I have, their knockoff is about 1/16 the actual price, but it does look very different.

Do your research on any bag you want to buy, compare it to the originals (even if it is only on the website of the original designer) if you want to pass them off as real. I also noticed they offer a lot of the styles in colors and fabrics they were never offered in from the original designer.
    I noticed that too. And the ones I really want are the leather ones anyhow.. they can't fake, it's easier for them to fake the signature fabric kinds. I looked at that site and really didn't see any I liked anyhow. Just wondering. Thanks.
    'High, High. Yaw Both High and Smokin' Weeeed in Front of My Howse"
    Bah-Brahhh-Teen Mom

A*O once posted a website that looked really good-I hope she sees this & puts it here.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Someone got busted BIGTIME down here for running a counterfeit handbag business.. she made really good money too.. drove a Range Rover and carried real purses.. but eventually it caught up with her and the feds nabbed her. I'm really wary about trusting online retailers since using a credit card might open a whole can of worms.

ETA: And here's the thread the site was mentioned in..

Fabbo handbag site [squeal]

i'd carry a knock off purse in a freaking minute. but, then, i'm someone that will buy my purse off the sale bin at Walmart.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Quote Originally Posted by msdeb View Post
    i'd carry a knock off purse in a freaking minute. but, then, i'm someone that will buy my purse off the sale bin at Walmart.

Thank you! I thought I was the only one...!

I would buy a knockoff too.
    I have been wanting a Chloe Paddington for YEARS and if I ever find a good price on a knock off I will buy it until I can afford the real thing.

Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Penny reminded me of this:

I worked for a large corporation that made popular apparel sold world wide. It was a multi-million company (now part of a fortune 500 company), big on the west coast especially.

We use to bust people selling knockoffs on ebay and little internet stores, little operations. Once a former employee of a big internet company contacted us. He was pissed because they were dicks to him, so he came to us and ratted them out for revenge. They had a whole operation where they had a Chinese factory make our apparel and accessories, then they sold them with our labels as legit for full price in their stores and website. The employee knew they were fake because he noticed some of the colors were not what we offered and he researched it (then contacted us).

Our company sent big dogs lawyers after them, shut down their company/illegal counterfit operation then confiscated all their product with our labels. Then our company gave us (all the employees) the product for FREE so it wouldn't go to waste.

So selling knockoffs is illegal? I see people on the streets doing it all the time...Can someone clarify the law?
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestial View Post
    I also choose to believe the rumors because I am, when it is all said and done, a dirty gossip.

^ I believe it is illegal. You can't use someone else's trademarked logo as your own.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by msdeb View Post
    I'm carrying a $2.50 clearance purse from K-Mart as I type this!

As long as the knock-off pursemaker wasn't trying to sell their purses as the real thing, then I would carry them. Discount department stores knock off the latest trends all the time. Some of them are really good at it, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetie View Post
    ^ I believe it is illegal. You can't use someone else's trademarked logo as your own.
    Oh ok. My uncle gave me a fake Prado one time and said it was the real thing. I was like 13, not into wearing purses, and the metal triangle fell off in the first couple days...

I still laugh everytime I see a Goach purse though! Just cause I get to say Goach!
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestial View Post
    I also choose to believe the rumors because I am, when it is all said and done, a dirty gossip.

^ haha, I haven't seen one of those.

I laugh whenever I see an LV, real or fake, they are look fake and shitty to me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information