Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Too old to wear butterflies/hearts/stars??

Default Too old to wear butterflies/hearts/stars??

At what age are you too old to wear butterflies, hearts and stars? I noticed I have to avoid the aforementioned. I'm 36, and think I'm way too old to wear that stuff. You could prolly throw peace signs in there too. (I hate them anyway).

Sometimes I feel tempted to wear them, but then I just feel too ridic.

I think once you hit thirty, its def a cutoff. Or is it? Maybe it depends how its done.

Thoughts?

I think those examples (maybe with the exception of the star vest) would be fine to wear. I've never really thought it about TBH, although I'm coming up to that age soon (sob!)

I get more irked by adults wearing cartoon character t-shirts. Especially Winnie the Pooh stuff. It REALLY bugs me for some reason!

Gold Member

They are so cute. I am going to make a star like that for my daighter's plain t-shirts.

I think it is a personality thing rather than age. I have seen ladies in their 870's that are vibrant extraverts that cold pull of those looks.

Me I was born conservative and whilst I love them even at 16 would have looked ridiculous.

If you have the personality and attitude, I reckon you should wear them and flaunt them.

I think I've always been too old/grumpy for that sort of stuff.

But if it's your taste then go for it!

If you like those designs than go for it. I do think cuts have an age limit... I wouldn't at my soon to be age 36 (this sat) *hint hint* wear midriff shirts or those pants that show off your butt or cooch.
    ><((((>. . `.><((((>><((((>`..`...><((((>.`.. ><((((> `..`...><((((>

These three examples all look like kiddie clothes to me, especially the star tank. I wouldn't have worn it past age 12.

i think im too old to wear tees with saying on them lol

no offence, but i hate butterflies at any age.
    stars can be cool but it depends on how they're done. i think the top you pictured here is a bit too tweeny.
    the top with the hearts definitely has potential but it depends on how it's done. obviously if you wear it with pink micro-shorts and pigtails it's going to look ridiculous but with, say, dark jeans and a cool pair of sandals/heels, it would totally work.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

I like the heart t-shirt.

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetie View Post
    I like the heart t-shirt.
    those r different..i have a i heart ny shirt

i meant the..."i love mr wrong for all the right reasons" or "i am naughty" LOL

Quote Originally Posted by olivia720 View Post
    At what age are you too old to wear butterflies, hearts and stars? I noticed I have to avoid the aforementioned. I'm 36, and think I'm way too old to wear that stuff. You could prolly throw peace signs in there too. (I hate them anyway).

Sometimes I feel tempted to wear them, but then I just feel too ridic.

I think once you hit thirty, its def a cutoff. Or is it? Maybe it depends how its done.
    We're the same age, and I have some tops with hearts, but it also depends on the size and placement. Hehe. Honestly, I wear what I want to wear and if someone thinks I look ridiculous...oh well...I like it. And that's all that matters.
    Rock the fuck on!

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    no offence, but i hate butterflies at any age.
    stars can be cool but it depends on how they're done. i think the top you pictured here is a bit too tweeny.
    the top with the hearts definitely has potential but it depends on how it's done. obviously if you wear it with pink micro-shorts and pigtails it's going to look ridiculous but with, say, dark jeans and a cool pair of sandals/heels, it would totally work.
    Awww, you don't like me! *sniff* I usually don't wear anything with patterns, I'm a solid color kind of girl. I can't stand the pigtails on people over the age of 10... You don't look cute you look like an idiot.

^^^^
    i hate you. i thought you knew
    i blame mariah carey for my aversion to butterflies on clothing, accessories, jewelry, etc. whenever i see them i'm reminded of glitter and silicone tits and too-small clothing.
    and i totally agree about pigtails. i can't stand it when grown women wear their hair that way. headbands i can live with, and some women can even pull off the cutesy look. but not pigtails.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

She did ruin Butterflies didn't she... Stupid bitch. I love watching butterflies and decided this spring we're going to start a butterfly garden. We're going to go to Butterfly World and by vines and flowers that they're attracted to, and plant them all over the backyard. I got my user name Butterfly from my son... When he was about 4 he told me I was a pretty as a butterfly... Butterflies remind me of the cute things he used to say when he was little.

I don't understand woman that try to look cutesy over the age of 15. You just end up looking like an idiot... Usually woman like that have an annoying high voice that makes you want to choke the fuck out them.

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

Those examples look a little young. You could go with more detailed artistic prints. Check out some of Raw7's dragonfly weaving... that shit is like a work of art.
    KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GOD DAMNED HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

Fuck you all, I'm going viral.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information