Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Skinny jeans and leggings

Default Skinny jeans and leggings

O.k. since the celebs are wearing the "skinny" "drainpipe" jeans, it seems the herd must follow. Who wants to be the only ones left wearng flare leg jeans?
    Anyone here wearing them yet? Seems the UK is the leader in this new trend.
    I live in jeans.

Who here is wearing these?
    http://cgi.ebay.com/BLACK-JERSEY-LEG...QQcmdZViewItem
    Last edited by Luna; January 14th, 2006 at 12:14 PM.

Default Re: Skinny Jeans

I actually just started wearing them recently, I got them from American Eagle, I sorta liked it sorta didn't. I wouldn't mine wearing the jeans every once in a while, but not replace my whole jean collection with that type.

I have never quit wearing them myself.

Quote Originally Posted by japangherl
    I actually just started wearing them recently, I got them from American Eagle, I sorta liked it sorta didn't. I wouldn't mine wearing the jeans every once in a while, but not replace my whole jean collection with that type.
    That's the thing, half my closet is jeans. I'm rather happy with my collection, I don't mind adding because I buy jeans all the time but I'd like to continue wearing my broken in favorite jeans for a while.

Additional Comment:
    Quote Originally Posted by darksithbunny
    I have never quit wearing them myself.
    Really? But these haven't been "in" since the 80's. I just know we'll all be back in spandex leggings to follow.

Default Re: Skinny Jeans ~ Leggings

Not so many people where I live (CA) are wearing them, except (oddly) the punk/scene kids, but, then again, it isn't a very posh town. I wouldn't be caught dead in them unless I lost at least 20 lbs, though. I think they really only look good if your calves and thighs are closer to the same width, like a dancer's.

Yeah i've been wearing them a long time now, but then i'm from the UK.

Elite Member

I'm praying hard that tapered leg jeans will NOT come back in style. And worse than that, high-waist tapered leg jeans. My MIL still wears them (even asked for a pair for Christmas) and OMG they make her ass look huge! She just thinks she has a big ass...I try to tell her it's the jeans, all that extra fabric, but she won't listen.

Leggings, God I hope not. Especially if they're paired with a huge long sweater that covers your ass like in the 80's.

Quote Originally Posted by hotncmom
    I'm praying hard that tapered leg jeans will NOT come back in style. And worse than that, high-waist tapered leg jeans. My MIL still wears them (even asked for a pair for Christmas) and OMG they make her ass look huge! She just thinks she has a big ass...I try to tell her it's the jeans, all that extra fabric, but she won't listen.

Leggings, God I hope not. Especially if they're paired with a huge long sweater that covers your ass like in the 80's.
    LOL! I'm secretly hoping this look comes back in because I'm thin everywhere but my big hips and ass. I mushroom over my hip huggers and was so happy when tunic tops came back in!

firstly, the tapered jean has been trying to make a come back for a few years now. i don't think the reinvention will ever happen. to me they look reasonably passable on underweight models but on anyone with a womanly figure at all, as hotncmom mentions, it really creates the look of a fat ass on women without a fat ass. i got my mom off of tapered pants about 5 years ago, and she finally admitted about two years ago that even she noticed the improvement and was glad i had gotten her to transform her style. (now she's a really cool dresser, appropriate for her age, but showing off her hot figure with beautiful clothes and accessories).

Second, the leggings are definitely in big time now. In Canada, LuLu Lemon pants are all the rage. they're these yoga pants that are a cross between a spandex work out pant and a bootcut/flared jean. They're pretty flattering on all body types and are soooo comfortable.

pretending to be a lurker but I'm not quiet enough

I'm top heavy so I can't do the skinny tapered jeans or the leggings. It'll make my upperbody look even bigger and like an inverted triangle. Sad.

If you think it's crazy, you ain't seen a thing. Just wait until we're goin down in flames.

I love LuLu Lemon!!!

Quote Originally Posted by misskris
    firstly, the tapered jean has been trying to make a come back for a few years now. i don't think the reinvention will ever happen. to me they look reasonably passable on underweight models but on anyone with a womanly figure at all, as hotncmom mentions, it really creates the look of a fat ass on women without a fat ass. i got my mom off of tapered pants about 5 years ago, and she finally admitted about two years ago that even she noticed the improvement and was glad i had gotten her to transform her style. (now she's a really cool dresser, appropriate for her age, but showing off her hot figure with beautiful clothes and accessories).

Second, the leggings are definitely in big time now. In Canada, LuLu Lemon pants are all the rage. they're these yoga pants that are a cross between a spandex work out pant and a bootcut/flared jean. They're pretty flattering on all body types and are soooo comfortable.
    Yoga pants have been big here for several years too but I'm talking heavy spandex like the 80's as far as "leggings"

Quote Originally Posted by Luna
    O.k. since the celebs are wearing the "skinny" "drainpipe" jeans, it seems the herd must follow. Who wants to be the only ones left wearng flare leg jeans?
    Anyone here wearing them yet? Seems the UK is the leader in this new trend.
    I live in jeans.

Who here is wearing these?
    http://cgi.ebay.com/BLACK-JERSEY-LEG...QQcmdZViewItem
    Leggings are painfully suburban sorry - the closest thing I would get caught in wearing are running pants... while running.

The closest thing that I have to leggings are yoga pants and those I love.

As for pencil tight jeans - they weren't comfortable in the 80's so they won't be now either. I remember in high school we'd buy jeans and stitch up the inner seam with pins and slowly peel off the pants and sew them so they were form fitting.

JEZZZZZZZZus - I can remember being hysterical because the ankles were so damn tight you had to put on your sock after the jeans or you wouldn't be able to get them off.

I'm a boot leg girl and I don't give a hoopla what is in fashion or what the little teenie bopper starlets are wearing.
    He who knows does not speak.
    He who speaks does not know.
    Lao-tzu

Quote Originally Posted by hotncmom

I wear that now It looks good with the long stripey sweaters that are in right now.

Warning to women – spandex leggings can cause yeast infections.
    Scariest Halloween mask ever > > >

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information