Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Polygamist fashions for sale!

Talking Polygamist fashions for sale!

POLYGAMISTS OFFER PRAIRIE FASHIONS FOR SALE

Posted: Tuesday, July 01, 2008 1:52 PM

By Don Teague, NBC News Correspondent

DALLAS – Just in time for back-to-school shopping: authentic polygamist prairie dresses.

Apparently, all the publicity surrounding the ongoing investigation into alleged underage marriage among members of the Fundamentalist Church of Latter Day Saints (FLDS) on a Texas ranch has created some serious demand for prairie dresses.

So much so that the FLDS has launched an online store where members of the general public can purchase the dresses, long underwear, and other ranch-wear "as seen on TV."

The home page for the FLDS Dress Clothing Store

According to the Salt Lake Tribune, the Web site FLDS Dress, was initially created to give Texas authorities a place to purchase the clothing, so children in state custody could maintain their traditional clothing.

The children have been reunited with their families, but the Web site now serves another purpose. The FLDS hopes to raise money through sale of the clothing to help support families from the Yearning For Zion ranch who now live in rental homes in cities like San Antonio and Austin. Some families have returned to the ranch, but many have not.

The Web site sells a wide array of clothing for children, from the "Teen Princess Dress" for $60.65 to the "Baby Dress With Bloomers" for $48.07. Both items, along with most others for girls, are available in a rainbow of pastels from pink to yellow or lavender. Items for boys include denim overalls for $65.93 and cotton-polyester shirts for $23.69.

The Web site said the clothes are made to meet the "FLDS standards for modesty and neatness." And all of the clothes are hand-made "with joy and care" by the FLDS women.

The legal troubles for parents from the YFZ ranch haven’t ended. A grand jury met last month in Eldorado, Texas, to consider possible criminal indictments in the case. It will meet again later this month.

In the meantime, FLDS women are sewing and selling their way to financial independence.

And who knows? It’s fashion week in Paris. We may soon hear rumblings from the catwalks that "pastel is the new black." After all of the strange twists and turns of the FLDS drama, it wouldn’t surprise me at all.

Polygamists offer prairie fashions for sale - Field Notes - msnbc.com

There's no variety in the fashions. A lot of the clothing look similar.
    Rock the fuck on!

I would like Lola to help them with design. And color.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Default Women from Texas polygamous sect launch clothing line

The raid by Texas authorities on a reclusive polygamous sect in April and their seizure of 400 children amid allegations of abuse has had an unexpected consequence - the launch of a new clothing line.

Women from the Fundamentalist Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, who were called upon to make clothes en masse for the children taken into state custody, have now turned their skills to commerce and launched an online shop.

The austere dresses with long-sleeves and high collars, loose-fitting pants, long-johns and modest blouses worn by members of the sect are reminiscent of 19th century American pioneers and highlighted the sect's isolation.

But with the children returned to their legal guardians following a court ruling in May, the sect's members are turning their hand to providing their distinctive clothes to the general public - and the demand appears strong.

"We don't know what to expect on demand but we have a flood of interest," Maggie Jessop, a member of the sect, told the Salt Lake Tribune newspaper.

At the website, www.fldsdress.com, the women propose clothing for children and teenagers that "meets the FLDS standards for modesty and neatness" and assert that "each piece is made with joy and care."

Among the items for sale is a "Princess" dress with long sleeves and wide pleats available in eight different colors, while the site's founders are hoping to soon add recipes and songs.

The investigation into allegations of "spiritual" marriages of underage girls to older men at the sect compound continues, although no arrests have been made.

Officials said girls were being "groomed" to accept sex with their middle-aged "spiritual husbands" as soon as they hit puberty and boys were being indoctrinated to perpetuate the cycle of abuse.

Women from Texas polygamous sect launch clothing line - Yahoo! News

This is going down with the "Burkini"

and the "modest" fit

Nice to see the christian tards are catching up with the muslim ones.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Red face Fundamentalist Church of Latter Day Saints have joined the world of fashion

The glamorous bitches from the Fundamentalist Church of Latter Day Saints have finally answered their calling and joined the world of fashion. The mommies of the polygamous sect have launched a new website where you can buy their elegant frocks for kids. Unfortunately, they won't be showing at NYC fashion week anytime soon. They only did it for cash.
    One of the polyhos told The Salt Lake Tribune, "Our motive is not to flaunt ourselves or our religion before the world. We have to make a living the same as everyone does." Damn right! Why stop there? They should put together a pop girl group and a reality show. If you got it, flaunt it.
    It's a shame that this hot shit only comes in children's sizes. I'll have to stop eating for a few days, so that I can fit my fat ass into a baby onesie collared shirt. Fundamentalist glamour comes at a price! This shit is not cheap and most of it is made of polyester. They need a new marketing bitch, because they really should called it polygamyester.
    P.S. - Those kids on the website are kind of creeping me the fuck out. I didn't know people were capable of smiling like that.

Dlisted | Be Very Afraid

Oops I just posted this in high school, beat me and merge please

I've always thought burkinis were kind of cute. The FLDS dreck notsomuch.
    ----------------------------
    There will be times you might leap before you look
    There'll be times you'll like the cover and that's precisely why you'll love the book
    Do it anyway

So I went to the website and looked, and they are the most plain-ass, boring dresses ever.

Which is all fine and good until I noticed the price: $60-70 for a teen dress and $44-48 for baby sizes. For ugly-ass dresses that look like they're made out of bed sheets.

What? I clicked the link in the article, the flds dresses one, and the prices are different. Same shitty dresses, more expensive. They jacked up the prices as soon as they knew they'd get more publicity!!!

Ewwww they're all made of polyester.

polygamester
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Quote Originally Posted by Honey View Post
    Oops I just posted this in high school, beat me and merge please
    I posted this a couple of days ago in this section...

Polygamist fashions for sale!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information