Thread: Bra care questions

Default Bra care questions

So my little guy finally turned one on Friday which means, as of Saturday, I am officially done nursing!!!!!

Yesterday afternoon I went and bought the biggest fricken bottle of wine I could find , and I also went to Macy's and got fitted for new bras. I have never in my life been fitted for bra, and have never spent more than $20 for a bra. I ended up buying 3 of the most amazing (and expensive) bras I have ever seen. The fit is beyond incredible!! My girls look fantastic!

I love love love my new bras, but have no idea how to care for them. I used to just throw my cheapy bras in the wash, and hang them to dry, but the cups would always get weird dents. I also used to wash them after every wear (I was lactating at the time, but now I'm not).

So, how do I care for a good bra? Do normal women wash them after every wear, or not? How do you wash them?

Thanks in advance!!!

Aww, happy birthday to your little fella!

I usually wear a bra several times before I wash it, unless I've gotten really sweaty from doing yardwork or something. I put them through the wash and hang them to dry.

As for your really nice bras, you should hand wash them in the sink with cold water and Woolite.

I handwash them in the sink with cold water and Woolite. I only wash them when they get dirty. I lay them on a towel to airdry. It helps maintain elasticity and the shape of the bra.

I wash mine on the gentle cycle in a lingerie bag and dry them flat.

A good bra is a good thing and the expensive ones do hold up better. sometimes I'll find Wacoal at Marshalls or Ross. I'm a 32DD and it seems a lot of makers don't make that size.

^^It's been my experience that a 32 anything is hard to find. I've always been a 32, but during pregnancy and nursing, the cups went from B all the way to DD. Finding a 32 in any of those sizes was hard.

whatever you do, don't put them in the washing machine! it really kills the elasticity.
    i wash mine after i've worn it 3 or 4 times, unless i really sweat or something. use woolite or any other hand washing detergent and either lay them out on a towel or just hang them to dry.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

I hand-wash them every other day. I knew a girl who changed bras every day, but she was loaded with money!!
    Last edited by LaFolie; April 20th, 2008 at 06:33 PM.

Three wears in the winter, two wears in the summer, one wear if I'm sweaty.

Dial antibacterial hand soap in less than lukewarm water, some scrubbing, but never taking the cup shape out of it, lay flat to dry.
    "I ransacked his drawers when he left me by myself at his place for the first time. That's how we did it in the good old days. Tells me all I need to know about him. He pretends he didn't notice. That's how good relationships start." - Chilly Willy

^^^
    good point. i wash them every 2 days in summer, and daily if it gets really hot.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

i'd like to echo the suggestions for hand washing your bras. i think that is really important to keep elasticity & shape of your bras. you bought good bras & if you handwash them, they will last you a good long time.

yay for you! finding a good fitting bra is a great feeling.

also, congratulations on nursing your babe for a whole year!
    white, black, puerto rican/everybody just a freakin'/good times were rollin'.

Thread Information