Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A little more advice on another garment?

Default A little more advice on another garment?

So, sleeves or no sleeves? I'm sorry this is blurry...I suck with a self timer

When hubby gets home, I'll have him take a better pic, and one of the blue tunic, which is finished, now.

I'm not sure whether to just hem this and call it done or add sleeves...I'm thinking brown cap sleeves..Or long, fluted floral sleeves? I designed it to be sleeveless, but
    my mommy muscles are making my arms look a little manly for sleeveless perhaps. What do you guys think?

(Oh, and let me know if you get tired of my asking about this stuff, heh)
    ----------------------------
    There will be times you might leap before you look
    There'll be times you'll like the cover and that's precisely why you'll love the book
    Do it anyway

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

Cap sleeves. Can you close up the opening a bit; then it would be just fine sleeveless... broaden the part that goes across your chest.

Quote Originally Posted by Just Kill Me View Post
    Cap sleeves. Can you close up the opening a bit; then it would be just fine sleeveless... broaden the part that goes across your chest.

I have a third button...I can make the collar higher/smaller, add the third button at the top and that would give more space around the bust (?)
    There'll be times you'll like the cover and that's precisely why you'll love the book
    Do it anyway

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

NOt a third button... ummm ugh this is hard for me to explain... could you close up the opening maybe at the bottom just a bit? Bring it up and out just the tiniest bit and then sleeves wouldn't even matter; it would be perfect sleeveless.

I like it just the way it is, looks like it'll be nice and cool for the summer.
    I'd wear an underwire with it though, as it looks like it is gaping a wee bit at the armpit-bust area.
    "In the face of the blinding sun, I wake only to find
    that Heaven is a stranger place than than one I've left behind." - SM

NOt a third button... ummm ugh this is hard for me to explain... could you close up the opening maybe at the bottom just a bit? Bring it up and out just the tiniest bit and then sleeves wouldn't even matter; it would be perfect sleeveless.
    hmm, take it in at the side seams, perhaps?
    Do it anyway

I like it just the way it is actually. It looks super cute on you. I'd leave it sleeveless.
    When your daughter plays "House," she pretends to be an annoying doctor with a pill-addiction and a limp.

pretending to be a lurker but I'm not quiet enough

I also like it sleeveless. This looks so flipping cute!

Do you cut out your own patterns Lola?

One thing, if I may say...I don't like the buttons (sorry! I feel bad criticizing). They look a little bit granny-ish (= brown, wooden, bulbous).

If you think it's crazy, you ain't seen a thing. Just wait until we're goin down in flames.

Quote Originally Posted by moomies View Post
    I also like it sleeveless. This looks so flipping cute!

Do you cut out your own patterns Lola?

One thing, if I may say...I don't like the buttons (sorry! I feel bad criticizing). They look a little bit granny-ish (= brown, wooden, bulbous).

Aww, they're fifties vintage and I love them I took them off an old coat. I know they're not for everyone, though. One of my rl friends said she loved the buttons best of all, and another said she would like it only without the buttons.

And this pattern is completely of my own design, but I do use bought patterns sometimes. I most often frankenstein those, though... Take pieces of one pattern and integrate them into another? And sometimes, like with the blue blouse, I take things I already have and copy very closely the cut of the pieces.
    Do it anyway

I like it; it looks good on you

Gold Member

^agree, it looks good without the sleeves i think

i'd leave it without sleeves, and if not do small cap sleeves in the same patterned fabric, not the brown. and i don't know how to explain this but i'd maybe do a thin brown trim at the bottom of the sleeves, especially if you put a button on them. does that make sense?
    and i love the dress, btw. it's really cute and pretty. and i like the retro 50s buttons. i think they're a great touch.
    and the accessories whore in me wants to know: do you already know what shoes and purse you're going to wear it with?
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

I was thinking those brown peeptoe heels I posted pics of when I was trying to choose an outfit for hubby's company party and a small cream colored handbag?
    Do it anyway

Ooh Lola this is so cute! I like it the way it is although i agree with the others that if you wanted to add sleeves some little cap ones would be nice.
    I smile because I have no idea what's going on

Maybe she was trying to say to make the arm holes smaller so they cover more of your side/chest area? Idk, maybe I misinterpreted too.

I like it sleeveless. Cap sleeves might be nice too.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information