View Poll Results: What are your favourite patterns?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Plaid

6 33.33%
  • Argyle

3 16.67%
  • Polka dots

3 16.67%
  • Animal prints

5 27.78%
  • Stripes

7 38.89%
  • Houndstooth

3 16.67%
  • Skulls

2 11.11%
  • Anchors

2 11.11%
  • Stars

3 16.67%
  • Other: ________

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Favourite fabric pattern?

Hit By Ban Bus!

Wink Favourite fabric pattern?

For coats, handbags, clothes in general...?

The gaudy Jewish-Italian in me gravitates toward animal prints, but I like houndstooth a little bit more. I have houndstooth scarves, hats, skirts, a coat, and a handbag. I liked it before it became trendy though. Seeing it on 7th-graders kind of kills it for me, but when the trendiness wears off, I'll be enamored again.

I've loved polka dots ever since I saw Julia Roberts in "Pretty Woman" in that famous brown dress. I own lots of polka-dotted things but rarely wear them.

Plaid is okay if it's tasteful Burberry-esque plaid...I prefer it on other people rather than on me.

Argyle is a staple, and a classic, but I like seeing it on men rather than on me. I love it and have a million argyle vests and sweaters, but lately I've been limiting it (argyle) to just socks. I feel like the diamonds are arrows pointing to my stomach, which isn't at its' flattest right now.

I voted plaid, stripes and stars. The Scottish gal in me loves anything Tartan like. I really love those little tartan skirts. And who doesn't love a scotsman in a kilt?

Stripes always look classic. I love that pinstripe suits are back in, but then I think they never date, particularly for girls. Oh and vertical stripes are very slimming. Buggered if I can find them in any other way than horizontal though. But I still like it.

And stars, well, I wouldn't necessarily go out of my way to buy something with stars, but maybe a cute nightie or pjs or something. I just love stars in general.

stripes!!!!!
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Animal print - especially snakeskin. I have deep green snakeskin shoes i am in love with, and a clutch. I like leopard print, but it depends on what it looks like. I agree with Morticia that pinstripes look great too.

I have a new red croc (fake of course) embossed guess bag. I really enjoy it. animal prints and patterns are fun.

^^ ooooh me likes!! I generally don't like the snake/crock skin look, but that is stunning! Maybe it's the colour, but I want one.

Skulls and stars. I like tartan too, but not to wear.

Hit By Ban Bus!

I chose stripes cause I'm a burly dude. My spirit probably longs for skulls, but I'm too earthbound and hulking to pull it off.

I guess I'll wear vertical striped-shirts and cross-bone boxers.

This was a toughie. I went for plaid first-the Black Watch plaid is my fav. I also love stipes-especially a soft,thin blue stripe on white for summer. Everyone needs just a dash of animal here & there. I hated to just choose one! Houndstooth & Argyle are also nice.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Gold Member

i love all kinds of fabric. i have clothes in all colorful and off-the-wall patterns, from solid colors to dots to interesting prints. i love all of it

Quote Originally Posted by SummerSwelter View Post
    I chose stripes cause I'm a burly dude. My spirit probably longs for skulls, but I'm too earthbound and hulking to pull it off.

I guess I'll wear vertical striped-shirts and cross-bone boxers.
    I used to know this Goth bloke... he was 6'6" (at least - I'm 5'8" & used to always wear heels so I scraped in at 6ft.. and he still towered over me!) He was a miner, so he was a hulking great brute!
    He didn't worry about it, so maybe your should unleash your inner-self!

Go for it SS!

Quote Originally Posted by McJag View Post
    This was a toughie. I went for plaid first-the Black Watch plaid is my fav. I also love stipes-especially a soft,thin blue stripe on white for summer. Everyone needs just a dash of animal here & there. I hated to just choose one! Houndstooth & Argyle are also nice.
    Yeah, but McJag - you're not supposed to wear them all-together!!!

I go for bold abstract patterns in bi- or tri-colourways; if I go for pattern at all.... I'm doing better but I still have a wardrobe of black, black and black...

Has anyone seen the Dries Van Norton for Spring/Summer 08? All kinds of mixed patterns!
    Free Charmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Raspberry gashes View Post
    Animal print - especially snakeskin. I have deep green snakeskin shoes i am in love with, and a clutch. I like leopard print, but it depends on what it looks like. I agree with Morticia that pinstripes look great too.

Oooh, I just bought a faux snakeskin dress with a neat brooch-like clasp...I'l post pics sometime.
    "In the face of the blinding sun, I wake only to find
    that Heaven is a stranger place than than one I've left behind." - SM

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    I used to know this Goth bloke... he was 6'6" (at least - I'm 5'8" & used to always wear heels so I scraped in at 6ft.. and he still towered over me!) He was a miner, so he was a hulking great brute!
    He didn't worry about it, so maybe your should unleash your inner-self!

Go for it SS!

Yeah, but McJag - you're not supposed to wear them all-together!!!

I go for bold abstract patterns in bi- or tri-colourways; if I go for pattern at all.... I'm doing better but I still have a wardrobe of black, black and black...

Has anyone seen the Dries Van Norton for Spring/Summer 08? All kinds of mixed patterns!
    Yes, I tend to wear lots of black, or dark colours. It seems to drive people insane since they often ask my why I wear black. Annoys me really, does it really matter what I wear? I don't comment on others clothing choices so leave me alone grrrr! I'm just not a pastel or pink kind of girl. I love deep, rich colours.

LOL! I love to mind-f*ck my (Goth) friends, I once said that I was going to paint one of my bathrooms "hot pink" - I got something in the post from all of them over the course of a week in protest about it, but the best was a sheet of A4 paper with nothing on it but this massive "hot-pink" square! Oh & a pair of sun glasses, she actually sent me a pair of sunglasses too!

So, obviously, I do pink as well.... and denim but that's about it....
    Free Charmed.

Leopard and cheetah. Scarves, gloves and belts. One pair of leopard pumps. I have one brown and cream floral summer skirt, otherwise I don't ever wear prints. Boring, but I know my style. I do love croc bags and shoes, oh and paisley. I guess paisley counts as my print.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information