Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Maternity clothes

Hit By Ban Bus!

Default Maternity clothes

Anyone have ideas for where to buy a friend some cute maternity clothes? I've seen that SPAM has a cute line, so I might start there. I have no expertise in this area so any suggestions are helpful, especially about sizing!
    Last edited by twitchy2.0; July 30th, 2013 at 09:07 AM.

Old Navy actually has some great items for just lounging around your house. I have bought a few of their thermal knit maternity shirts and I'm not even pregnant- they're just extremely comfortable and cheap, and available in the stores.

Mimi Maternity also has really cute things.

Women's & Men's Clothes: Plus Size, Maternity, Baby & Kid's Clothing | Old Navy
    Here is a cute mother/baby sleep set from Old Navy. It comes in a bag so it can be taken to the hospital.

Gold Member

i've seen cute stuff at department stores, the mall

Elite Member

I got all my maternity jeans at Old Navy. I'm tall, so I always had a problem with maternity clothes, nothing fit right.

Depending on what type you're looking for (work, casual, etc), I bought most of mine at Kohl's. Fairly inexpensive, and they held up well.
    You were lucky to have me. But you know what? I think I already got the best part of you. And she's standing right out there. I don't know... what's left just doesn't look so good anymore. Hope Floats

Target also has Liz Lange maternity, it's a great line.
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Thanks for all of the great suggestions! She is young, so I want to be sure to get her something stylish but comfortable. I was just on the SPAM site and saw that they had a lot of cute stuff. I was under the impression that maternity clothes were all ugly and elastic-wasted. Maternity clothes sure have come a long way!
    Last edited by twitchy2.0; July 30th, 2013 at 09:06 AM.

Motherhood maternity has cute stuff too. My friend is pregnant, and I went shopping with her there a few weeks ago. I even tried on an adorable maternity blouse for fun.

Suggest this to her. My three pregnant friends all used this Bella Band and never needed any maternity pants. It's also great for transitioning from their own pants to new pants because it holds in extra fabric and smooths it out.

BellaBand

Quote Originally Posted by Chalet View Post
    Suggest this to her. My three pregnant friends all used this Bella Band and never needed any maternity pants. It's also great for transitioning from their own pants to new pants because it holds in extra fabric and smooths it out.

BellaBand
    I loved the Bella Band for the beginning of the pregnancy when regular jeans got to tight, but maternity pants were too big.
    I still had to transition into maternity pants because of my pregnant ass, though!

Old Navy is fantastic, so is Gap, but I think you have to order Gap maternity clothes online.

You can probably hit up a lot of the regular shops now too, what with the empire waist and flowing tunic trends going on, for tops and dresses anyway.
    If you reveal your secrets to the wind you should not blame the wind for revealing them to the trees.

- Kahlil Gibran

Old Navy really does have some great maternity clothing.

Motherhood Maternity and Mimi Maternity both have really terrible return policies, so beware!

Both of my sisters were able to find clothes at Old Navy and Gap. I think they went to Motherhood and Mimi as well, they did find those 2 to be more spendy overall.

Old Navy is an awesome place. I loved their stuff. And Targets too, but not as much.

One more suggestion, and not everyone is into this, but local Thrift Stores. I found sooo many really cute maternity things at various Thrift Stores. A lot of women don't know what to do w/their clothes when they are done with them so it can be a gold mine. And it was kind of a challenge to me too...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information