Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jeans: With Stretch or Without?

Bronze Member

Default Jeans: With Stretch or Without?

Hey everyone,

I've decided (for no good reason) to invest in a pair of brand name jeans, such as Seven or Paper, Denim & Cloth... etc. Up until now, I've never been very picky about jeans and just bought any which $20 pair that was on sale.

This time around, I'm much more picky and was wondering whether I should get jeans with or without stretch? Over time, which kind looks better?

Also, do y'all have recommendations for what brands of jeans make your butt look good? I have an okay butt but some jeans make can make it look really FLAT. I want a bubble butt!

Anyway, your recommendations are greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Default Re: Jeans: With Stretch or Without?

I used to like jeans with lycra in them (or thought that I liked them anyway), but I found I don't like the way they sit from my knees down. The stretch makes the calf area too stiff or something, and they don't seem to "hang" like they should. They try to cling to my calves when they should fall straight down loosely in that area, if that makes sense.

I suppose if you were going for a straight-leg, narrow style, this wouldn't matter much.
    If you reveal your secrets to the wind you should not blame the wind for revealing them to the trees.

- Kahlil Gibran

I love the jeans with stretch in them specifically because they show off my butt. I don't know if it's my build or the way sizes have morphed through the years...bigger and bigger waists...but with the jeans with stretch I don't have near as much of that huge *gap* at the back then I sit down in a pair that fits me in the thighs.

Years or decades ago I would never have bought stretch jeans because they were all form fitting like leggings and tacky looking, with the fabric not even looking like real denim. But stretch jeans have certainly come a long way. I'm wearing just below waist boot leg levis right now that have stretch in the fabric and they hang perfect, even in the calves. Not only are they comfy, but they have exactly the same look as non-stretch as far as the texture and look of the denim. It's only when you put them on that you know that they have a bit of stretch in the denim.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Elite Member

I find, for me, that the stretch jeans end up streaching out a lot within a few months and I have to replace them. This may just be the hipster/low rider factor in the jeans I buy though - because the waist/hip line in the jeans would be worked a little more then if they sat higher. So now I always go for the traditional denims. I personally love the brazillian flared hipster jeans from levi, but I'm a sucker for flared jeans.

Oh I also found, at one stage, jeans that wee designed to give you a butt and they worked for me too (and I have NO ass). However, that information is completely useless because I cant remember who made them.

I wear jeans mainly without stretch, I think stretch ones can make you look bigger because the cut never seems to be as nice as the ones without stretch.
    No man is worth your tears, but once you find one that is, he won't make you cry
    G_ F_CK Y__RS_LF - Would you like to buy a vowel??

Quote Originally Posted by MrsDark View Post
    I love the jeans with stretch in them specifically because they show off my butt. I don't know if it's my build or the way sizes have morphed through the years...bigger and bigger waists...but with the jeans with stretch I don't have near as much of that huge *gap* at the back then I sit down in a pair that fits me in the thighs.

Years or decades ago I would never have bought stretch jeans because they were all form fitting like leggings and tacky looking, with the fabric not even looking like real denim. But stretch jeans have certainly come a long way. I'm wearing just below waist boot leg levis right now that have stretch in the fabric and they hang perfect, even in the calves. Not only are they comfy, but they have exactly the same look as non-stretch as far as the texture and look of the denim. It's only when you put them on that you know that they have a bit of stretch in the denim.

Exactly.

Thanks for writing it out for me

I like the stretch fit too. They fit better. I have jeans without stretch and after washing them they shrink badly and go kind of hard, you have to really wear them round the house to get them fitting right again, doing leg lunges!! Or maybe thats just me or my washing habits?

I can go either way on the stretch. I think when you're investing in a pair of expensive jeans you need to just try everything.

Go with what works for your body type. And don't assume that name brand means better made. However, there is this sort of new brand called Paige Premium that are supposed to be the best fit. The girl that designed them is a fit model so she knows body types.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenaj View Post
    I like the stretch fit too. They fit better. I have jeans without stretch and after washing them they shrink badly and go kind of hard, you have to really wear them round the house to get them fitting right again, doing leg lunges!! Or maybe thats just me or my washing habits?

LOL!!! No, it's not just you. I've done the same thing

i like me my stretch. if i was a thin little young'un, maybe i'd go without. but why? stretch hugs and fits better. conforms to the body better. and its more comfy.

oh man, WITH.

I have never found jeans to be comfy, i prefer slacks. they are much more airy and they move with ya...i dig my pants hugging my body and with jeans (unless they are of a stretchy material) they are most uncomfortable.

Silver Member

I go either way, it depends on how I'm feeling that day. I did some shopping for myself today and LOVED every pair I tried on at Express and most were $30-80. I have a curvy size 6 shape and they all slimmed my hips.

Stretch. I buy Victoria's Secret, Ultra Sexy jeans. It's hard for me to find jeans to fit in both the hips and snug in the thigh area. Gap, slim fit jeans are good too.

Bronze Member

It depends but I prefer without stretch because I simply like the denim touch.
    But I love Gap's long and lean jeans.

Stretch, and I've been wearing Acne jeans and Earnest Sewn skinny jeans. I can't stand it without stretch, especially if I have to sit for a long time, like on a plane!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information