Thread: What are you wearing to the holiday parties?

Default What are you wearing to the holiday parties?

I switch on and off. One year I'll wear a red dress, the next year it's green. This year I found an adorable strapless party dress in Kelly green from the local vintage store. Just need some shoes and I'm all set.

Do any of you dress up special for the holidays?

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

Default Re: What are you wearing to the holiday parties?

I need a cute red dress but I cant find one anywhere; they're all tacky and/or ugly ass colors!

I don't wear red or black. They're not in my color palette. (I know that sounds stupid, but they're VERY unflattering on me.) I think I'm going to go with something in a metallic or winter white. Let me see if I can find a pic. I found kind of the idea but my imageshack is acting up---i'll post it tomorrow!

Hit By Ban Bus! UndercoverGator's Avatar

Will wear my standard wintertime uniform dressy look of black velvet pants and flats combined with a creamy winter white angora sweater and pearls.

Quote Originally Posted by AliceInWonderland View Post
    I need a cute red dress but I cant find one anywhere; they're all tacky and/or ugly ass colors!
    I know. It took me forever to find red dresses that weren't slutty!

'Little black dress' - always
    He who knows does not speak.
    He who speaks does not know.
    Lao-tzu

I play it safe and stick with the little black dress, too.

I just bought my holiday dress today.

It is tea length on me b/c I'm so short, and I plan to wear it with some cute kitten heels and a cream wrap.

pretending to be a lurker but I'm not quiet enough

How much did you spend on your holiday dress guys?

I'm wondering if I should just wear something I already have to the xmas parties or go buy a new dress. My hubby's saying he'll buy me a dress but I'm not sure...I might just want to spend the money on something else...

If you think it's crazy, you ain't seen a thing. Just wait until we're goin down in flames.

Lil

Pretty dress, NoDay - matches your avatar too!

I have a pair of wide-legged, black silk trousers which I wear with killer heels and a fabulous top from a local boutique run by a mad lady. She sells bags, dresses and tops, shawls, jewellery, shoes - all sorts of one-off stuff - and the shop is rammed, you can hardly walk through it, and stuff is piled up round the walls like a wave brought it in. No chance of running into someone wearing the same outfit, which is always a good thing. The trousers were £150, and the top £100, I think. Got the shoes in Spain and I think they were quite cheap, about 45 Euros.

For Christmas Day I have a floor length velvet skirt with a jangly belt and beaded flatties.
    A big boy did it and ran away.

i have a few outifts for the holiday parties. some i'll be able to repeat, but i need at least 3 or 4 that i can wear for parties before christmas, actual christmas, and new year's...

one of the dresses i'll be wearing is the stella mccartney for h&m silk wrap dress. i got it when it came out about a month ago and i've been saving it for a special occasion. i'm wearing it without pants underneath though

i've also got a black skirt with gold and silver sequins that's low waisted and kind of asymmetrical/shredded looking that looks great with a tight black turtleneck and pointy black boots.

i've got a couple of little black dresses that always come in handy

and a pair of wide, low waisted cropped trousers that look great paired with pointy boots and a dressy top.

I got mine at work, and it's employee appreciation weekend, so I got an extra discount on it. With my 55% off I paid about $60 for the dress, the regular price is $130. I felt OK spending 60 bucks on the dress, especially since I already own the accessories, it was the only thing I had to buy. Now I have to take it to my seamstress tomorrow for a tiny alteration. I'm short, so the length is fantastic, makes it tea length, but the straps are way too long and I need to get that fixed before Friday.

We've got our work's christmas party this Friday so I'm wearing a little balck dress with gold round the waiste and the neck, gold shoes and a matching gold clutch bag. I'd post a pic but the site's warehouse I got the dress from was caught up in some explosion that happened at the weekend. So the site is down.

I'm gutted too coz I ordered some gorgeous boots from their last Tuesday and they still havn't arrived, I hope they were dispatched before the exploison and they're on their way!!
    No man is worth your tears, but once you find one that is, he won't make you cry
    G_ F_CK Y__RS_LF - Would you like to buy a vowel??

Quote Originally Posted by moomies
    How much did you spend on your holiday dress guys?

I'm wondering if I should just wear something I already have to the xmas parties or go buy a new dress. My hubby's saying he'll buy me a dress but I'm not sure...I might just want to spend the money on something else...
    I'm a bad example to follow. I'm so inconsistent, but most of the time it's under $100. This time since I went vintage it was like $30.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacu

i think i am older than you lot i guess you are twenties and i already married so who cares and even if i were single..............
    Really? I assumed you were younger, don't know why!! How old are you if you don't mind me asking?
    No man is worth your tears, but once you find one that is, he won't make you cry
    G_ F_CK Y__RS_LF - Would you like to buy a vowel??

Thread Information