Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wearing the same thing 'twice'

Default Wearing the same thing 'twice'

Isn't it funny how men can wear the same thing over and over and people will say they look great, while if a woman wears something a few times too often, it might look good on her, but people are more likely to say something along the lines of 'Oh She's wearing that again'. I see it in real life, and I see it with celebrities. If a woman wears something twice, its horrible, but no one even notices that a man might only wear the same shirt and pants all the time. It just occured to me that women are certainly under more pressure to wear something different all the time. Thoughts?

Gold Member

I do agree with you a low of women will notice if you keep wearing the same clothes. In my 20's I fell for it. But at the grand old age 30 I got past that and it didn't worry me. Better to have money in the bank or a minimal mortgage than thousands of dollars in clothes.

Now I wear my clothes again and again and don't care. When I was pregnant I had a grand total of 5 work maternity outfits and they were worn day in day out.

I take a sense of pride in not having lots of outfits, as it means my husband and I can take turns at being the home parent to our princess. (In October next year it will be his turn)

now that i dont work, and really dont do much, i will change my underwear and bra daily after i shower, but clothes? nah, i dont care. unless i go to the store, it'll be the nicer of my Red sox shirts and sweats. i spare no expense!
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

^^LOL. I have way too many clothes but we'll never be able to buy in this millionaire's housing market anyway. When I'm hanging around home I wear the same clothes more than once, but not when I'm working or going out. I mean I wear them more than once, but not with the same people in succession. I like to mix it up a bit.

Plus, what's the point of having too many clothes if you don't wear them? hehe

I don't understand some folks logic...basically if it fits and it's clean..I'm wearing it!
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

Quote Originally Posted by msdebagain View Post
    now that i dont work, and really dont do much, i will change my underwear and bra daily after i shower, but clothes? nah, i dont care. unless i go to the store, it'll be the nicer of my Red sox shirts and sweats. i spare no expense!
    I'm exactly like you! Only the nicest of t-shirts will do when going to the store! I really don't give a damn what people think of me wearing the same clothes over and over again. They can kiss the fattest part of my ass.

I've moved house almost every year for the past 12 years and packing light is my biggest concern. I can fit everything I own in 2-3 suitcases and I'm quite proud of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Beeyotch View Post
    I'm exactly like you! Only the nicest of t-shirts will do when going to the store! I really don't give a damn what people think of me wearing the same clothes over and over again. They can kiss the fattest part of my ass.

I've moved house almost every year for the past 12 years and packing light is my biggest concern. I can fit everything I own in 2-3 suitcases and I'm quite proud of that.
    My feelings exactly!!
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

Quote Originally Posted by SSDiva View Post
    I don't understand some folks logic...basically if it fits and it's clean..I'm wearing it!
    Then theres people like Britney who dont live by that rule - it doesn't fit, and isn't clean

I HATE repeating outfits more frequently than at least a week.

I changed my outfit at least 6 times last night.. subjecting my friend to the torture of my indecisiveness. I had a super cute dress, but I couldnt wear it because I'd worn it 'for Christmas Eve.'

Finally she just said 'either pick an outfit or dont wear clothes at all.. we both know that's how the night is going to end up'....

I'm sure she was only half-joking. Hopefully...

I've never actually noticed this in real life- only with celebrities.

I hate clothes shopping, so once I buy some things I like, I'll keep wearing them and wearing them, as long as they haven't gotten ratty. Clean and respectable, that is all I care about.

I don't have a ton of work pants, so I alternate them throughout the week...depending on the weather. I prefer to buy more expensive clothes (nothing too expensive, just a bit higher end) so I don't get as many. People see me repeat outfits several times. I don't care. I'll even wear the same pair of pants or jeans a couple of times in the same week. Shirts, blouses, sweaters I change up.

Quote Originally Posted by SSDiva View Post
    word! i have many favorite dresses that i wear over & over & over & over & i always hang out with the same people. they might get sick of the outfits, but i don't.

i think it's extremely wasteful to have a closet full of barely worn or never worn clothing.
    white, black, puerto rican/everybody just a freakin'/good times were rollin'.

suits dont change style as often as dresses.

I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

My son just this morning said to me, "Didn't you wear that yesterday?" Hahah, what a brat, but the answer was "no", I think I wore it at the end of last week. We do laundry on the weekends.

I have a closet full of cloths but there are a few things that are my favorites. Some outfits look better on than others and those are what get worn more often.
    ><((((>. . `.><((((>><((((>`..`...><((((>.`.. ><((((> `..`...><((((>

I agree. It's weird too, I mean women spend so much more on our appearance than men, yet I hear my guy friends bitch all the time that women aren't interested in them bcause they don't make enough money, yet the guys themselves only go for seriously done up women. How do they expect the gals to stay looking so good on a dish washer's salary?
    "In the face of the blinding sun, I wake only to find
    that Heaven is a stranger place than than one I've left behind." - SM

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information