Login to remove the ads!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How are jeans SUPPOSED to look??

Default How are jeans SUPPOSED to look??

So I went into the levi's store the other day and they had some 505's on sale for $14! I went and tried them on and thats when I had the little fight with myself. I couldnt decide if they made my ass look great, or if they made it look like my jeans were too tight. So I ended up not buying them because I didnt want to risk looking like one of those girls who walks around with a constant wedgie

So, in terms of female fitted jeans, what do you guys think looks "right"? Like, how should they fit? If you have pictures or anything as "evidence" of how a jean should look, that would be cool too...
    Dramatically overdramatic

Default Re: How are jeans SUPPOSED to look??

I think they should be snug, but not tight. There's a point where it passes snug and become "sausage-casing".

It can be really hard to find jeans that fit your ass and thighs properly, if you have an ass and thighs. If they're big enough for your thighs, then they're too big for your waist, etc etc. Bastards.

If you didn't feel right about them, it's probably better that you didn't get them. When in doubt, don't.

Yeah I have the same problem...jeans that fit my ass and thighs leave are too big on my waist. Its like, the jeans fit snug, and I know they werent too tight, but they almost LOOKED like they were...you know what I mean? Like, they didnt feel too tight, but they looked too tight. Maybe it was just because they were light colored jeans....I normally go for darker wash.
    Dramatically overdramatic

Like this... this is the tightest they should ever be:

But this looks a little better to me, when there's a little room:

Yeah, lighter color will make your butt look bigger anyway... I always try to go for a darker wash.

pretending to be a lurker but I'm not quiet enough

I think it could also depend on the material e.g. the thickness of the jeans, stretch.
    I always check how my ass looks when Im trying on a pair. That's what's most important to me. Then I see if the jeans make my legs look longer...(cuz I'm a shortie)
    Oh and another thing, I check what the back pockets look like. Some big pockets placed wide apart makes your butt look flat and wide.
    I'd say jeans are fitting nicely snug if you are able to sit down on a chair and they dont restrict your breathing or hurt your tummy.

If you think it's crazy, you ain't seen a thing. Just wait until we're goin down in flames.

I agree with moomies about the fit. If you can squat in them and not injure yourself or the jeans you're OK. There's a girl in my class that wears jeans way too tight. She's not heavy, just out of shape and definitely not skinny, but the way she wears her jeans makes her look like a big ole porker. They give her back and front fat!

They should no way look like "mom jeans", cause your asking for it.
    Im ashamed to say what I did for a klondike bar...

Too tight looks nasty on even the thinnest of girls.

Jeans shopping is one the most depressing things in my world. My body was not made for jeans, but I LOVE wearing them. I have a straight up and down body with a thick middle. Usually every pair that is comfy around the waist is too big in the butt and hard to keep up.

And FeirceKitten...Mom Jeans! NOOOOOOOOOO! Even the sexiest body can look like SHIT in mom jeans!
    Value the future on a timescale longer than your own. -Richard Dawkins

Get a pair that fits adequately (meaning too loose rather than too tight) and get them altered. That's what I do.

^^^I've thought about doing that. Where do you take them? Do the seams look original? Is it costly?
    Value the future on a timescale longer than your own. -Richard Dawkins

You shouldnt be able to incert quaters.
    Im ashamed to say what I did for a klondike bar...

Quote Originally Posted by Algernon View Post
    ^^^I've thought about doing that. Where do you take them? Do the seams look original? Is it costly?
    Cost depends on where you go....I always ask around for a good local tailor/seamstress, same way as I would with anything else... They can make everything look original, use the same thread etc, so that the seams and the hem look normal. I just took a pair of jeans in and got the waist taken in, the hem shortened a little and the legs narrowed. I have been trying on jeans forever and not found one that fit how I wanted. I got a pair of Ernest Sewn on eBay for $30 and since I did really extensive alterations with a good seamstress, the alterations came to $100, but it is still below the original $190 price of the jeans. If you're just getting the waist and possibly the hem done at a regular tailor it would be much cheaper. But anyway, the whole thing still cost me $60 less than the jeans would have cost full-price. My advice is try on brands in a store...when you find one that comes close but you know will need alterations, try to get it cheaper on eBay, so then you can afford the alterations. And don't forget to "snipe" when you bid on eBay!!!!!

get jeans with some stretch in them (2 percent spandex or so)

Elite Member

I have this problem with jeans, they fit great in the store, waist, hips, butt, everything. Then I get home and wear them for a few hours and the waist stretches out and the jeans start to sag. I am pulling them up constantly, even while wearing a belt. I guess I need to visit a tailor and get them taken up in the waist?

As far as fit, in general, you shouldn't have to lie down on the bed to zip them up AND you shouldn't have to jump up and down to get into them. I remember in the '80's that's how tight jeans were worn. Nowadays, the idea is fitted, hugging the body, but not tight (cutting into the waist so that fat rolls over, or giving the camel-toe effect) I really wish girls that wear them that tight would spare the rest of us.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information