Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Your worst fashion disaster?

Default Your worst fashion disaster?

Mine was a silver top, it was a sort of tank-top but I can't really describe it because the shape is too complicated.

When I saw it I found it fantastic and it also reminded me of a Dolce&Gabbana top I had seen on the catwalk.
    I tried it on, it fitted perfectly, it was very cheap too...bought it!!!

Then after some time I put it on before a night out...I looked in the mirror and I thought "YUCK!!! How the hell could I buy this???"

...I looked like a piece of ham wrapped up in alluminium

No need to say that I took it off at the speed of light and hid it at the bottom of a clothes box at the bottom of my wardrobe.

Never looked at it again since.

Bronze Member

Default Re: Your worst fashion disaster?

^^hehe, that's a funny comparison (ham wrapped in aluminum), I'll probably never be able to look at another silver shirt without that imagery ever again.

When I was in my early teens, I went through this really weird phase where I would dress like the boys that I had major crushes on. So for example, I sought out large baggy brown cords and a large baggy white t-shirt because the guy I liked looked sooooo cute when he wore that. Then later when I liked the alternative rock guys, I would wear plaid flannel shorts and baggy t-shirts and brown sandals just like they did. I don't know why I was so SLOW. It took me years to realize that girls are suppose to market our own assets, not imitate the guys!!

When I was a kid, that Carnaby Street mod stuff was popular (yes, I am old) and my favorite outfit was this bright lime green shirt dress with white collar and cuffs with big pink flowers on it. With it I work my pink fish net tights. I thought I was so cool. They could have put me in the harbor to warn ships away from dangerous rocks.
    Keep passing the open windows.

Quote Originally Posted by sass4prez View Post
    ^^hehe, that's a funny comparison (ham wrapped in aluminum), I'll probably never be able to look at another silver shirt without that imagery ever again.
    Please don't let my description bring you down, it would probably look better on you

When I was about... 8 or 9, I guess... my grandmother had some extra money and wanted to buy me a new outfit, something that would make me feel special.

It was very sweet... we went to a boutique in town, and I ended up picking out an ENTIRELY purple outfit, head to toe. I had a purple headband, purple dangly earrings, a purple button-up shirt, a purple mesh belt (belted over the shirt, of course), purple leggings, and purple suede ankle boots. She probably spent at least $150 on all this crap, which was a LOT of money for her.

I looked like Barney, except he didn't exist yet. I actually wore this mess to school and got made fun of all day long. I refused to wear it ever again, and it really hurt her feelings... she thought I looked adorable. Oy.

Those ankle boots would be kickass now, though.

Quote Originally Posted by muchlove View Post
    an ENTIRELY purple outfit, head to toe.
    Too bad it was kids' clothes and you can't wear it now, entirely purple outfits are the hottest thing at the moment (see Madonna )!

I know! I'd be cool as hell in it now.^

Those ankle boots really were awesome. I'd love to have them now.

My entire freshman year of high school was one big fashion disaster. I dressed like a little raver kid. I dont know why, because I wasnt a raver at all.

My "style" was mostly black hoodies or tshirts, HUGE HUGE HUGE brightly colored pants (blue, pink, orange, you name it I had it), and big platform shoes. I also had these cut up nylons that I would wear on my arms (wtf??)

I really wish I had a picture, because words cant describe how retarded I looked. I dont know why I thought I looked so awesome. I'm really shocked anyone was ever friends with me that year.
    Dramatically overdramatic

My biggest disaster were my earrings...all the way through high school. I'd wear these huge earrings that I thought looked great. Giant hoops, danglies, all sorts of cool colors and designs to go with every outfit and season. I remember specifically: leaf earrings for the fall, giant hanging sequin heart earrings for Valentine's day, huge snowflakes for winter...you get the idea.

I got teased about it, but kept wearing them anyway as a way to be different. I look back at pics...and let's just say they aren't what I remembered them to be. They were UGLY and TACKY as sin.

My hair was always a disaster too, but there is way too much to say about that.

Oh, and I'd wear homemade clothes from my grandma so that she wouldn't feel bad, but that was another source of relentless mockery and bullying.

Did I ever mention I was a loner and loser in high school?
    Value the future on a timescale longer than your own. -Richard Dawkins

SVZ

my boyfriend dressed me...and during the weekday my school would tell me what to wear

Oh Alergnon, I had the big earrings, too. I wore huge earrings sometimes, all kinds of crazy dangly things... I thought it was my "thing"... my signature. I thought it was so cool, even though people would make fun of them.

The pinnacle was the 7th grade, when I wore these large brass discs with sailing ships on them. OMG. rofl. I wish I still had them, I'd take a picture.

They were something like this, but less detailed, and bulkier/heavier. What was I thinking???

^^^LOL Muchlove! That pic looks like a good sample of the types of earrings I'd wear. I have a kindred earring sister! I thought it was my 'signature' too, even if people snickered at them.

Here are some earrings that I never owned but probably would have worn:

Last edited by Algernon; November 17th, 2005 at 08:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Algernon View Post
    ^^^LOL Muchlove! That pic looks like a good sample of the types of earrings I'd wear. I have a kindred earring sister! I thought it was my 'signature' too, even if people snickered at them.

Here are some earrings that I never owned but probably would have worn:

I had those. But in my defense, my troll did not have on easter bunny ears and his hair was pink!!!!

^^Cool, another kindred earring sister! I want to dig out some of my old ones and post pics of them. Some of them were truly one-of-a-kind (in other words, homemade).

I totally gave in to 1999. I had cargo capri pants and tube tops in different colors so I could be like Christina Aguilera in Genie in a Bottle.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information