Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Coach tries to upgrade their clientele

Default Coach tries to upgrade their clientele

Coach bags: You're just not worthy - Blogging Stocks

Coach bags: You're just not worthy

Well known as being on the affordable end of designer handbags, Coach has become almost iconic when it comes to women's accessories. Coach, Inc. (NYSE:COH), the leading marketer of modern classic American accessories, is making a bad move by going upscale with its bags, jewelry, sunglasses and more. Just earlier this month, it announced an increase of 36% in earnings, but with what I consider to be a wrong turn in marketing that might leave a bad taste in the mouth of loyal consumers, who knows what will happen next.

Coach is rolling out a more exclusive line, called "Coach Legacy" aimed at higher-end consumers. The Coach Legacy line includes an alligator bag (retailing at $10,000), and leather bags that range from $495-795. It also will open concept boutiques in LA and NYC that according to the press release will "feature cream and mahogany awnings with a new horse and carriage logo, unique to the concept store... will be about 1,200 square feet, on one floor with two entrances, and will feature original restored copper façade," in addition other high end "layering of stylized visual and decorative elements will also reinforce the lifestyling of the brand." Except that hasn't been the lifestyling of the brand until now.

From what I gather, this line is focusing on Coach's sophisticated, style innovating and luxury-seeking trendsetters. However, what I think Coach is missing is that for fashion driven women who work hard for their "luxuries", Coach has always been a dependable staple and brand. One that is both attainable and classic.
    The recent trend that I have been observing in fashion is designers and stores coming together to make avant garde couture more accessible to the hoi polloi, as exemplified by all the buzz about Target Corp.'s (NYSE:TGT) new Proenza Schouler line. So why would Coach do the exact opposite? Is there something amiss with having working people wearing their bags?

It bodes badly for a company to leave its loyal multitudes of consumers out in the cold, or worse yet, with no arm candy.
    Upgrade or dissing their customers?
    www.thefreebiedepot.com/
    http://literanista.blogspot.com/

are they making all their bags more upscale or just adding a pricier line to their collection? cause if they're just adding a second line i don't see how they're betraying their customers.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

It doesn't bother me if they want to upgrade. I can't even afford their cheaper stuff.

It's going to be another brand of Coach, a more exclusive one, with it's own shops and logo.
    www.thefreebiedepot.com/

I think most of their logo stuff is ugly and not worth $400+.

Quote Originally Posted by flecjill View Post
    I think most of their logo stuff is ugly and not worth $400+.
    Is it really that much? I've only ever been in a Coach Outlet store & couldn't justify those prices.....

That purse in the pic up there is the first Coach bag I've ever seen I actually like.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

I think the desire for them to upgrade thier clientale is the huge amount of fake purse that are out there . As a person who has many Coach bags seeing the fakes bags annoys me . When people try to say the bags are real while they know they are fake jsut deminshing the image of the company , If you have a fake bag that is fine , just admit it is fake when someone ask you , if you like your bag then why lie about it . Thousands of women get ripped off by those stupid ass purses parties where the hostess tells them "oh the bag is real , I got if off the streets in New York " or people on Ebay that sell bag knowing it is fake but charge the people like it is real

Zee

It's funny because that Coach bag looks alot like a Mulberry bag. If their idea of upscaling their image is to rip off other brands. Bring it on and fail!
    Drive a car, drive a boat, drive a plane. What does it matter? As long as I'm drunk!
    pəʇɐɔɐɯnpə ɹ ı

People just need to stop being materialistic. It's for your own good. What will you do if they ever pass the consumer consumtion tax? Think about it.

I really don't want a bag that's going to outlive me. I like so many different styles and these are not affordable. When I'm done with a bag, I'm done.
    Into the sunrise. The sunset is sad to me….it only means the night is coming.

Elite Member

I buy most of my purses at Target. Purse styles change so frequently I just don't see any need to spend more than $50 on one.

Quote Originally Posted by hotncmom View Post
    I buy most of my purses at Target. Purse styles change so frequently I just don't see any need to spend more than $50 on one.
    I just bought the cutest bag and wallet from there. I'm so picky about my hand bags that whenever I find one I like I scoop it up instantly!
    All you can do at life is play along and hope that sometimes you get it right.

Coach is actually suing Target for selling fake Coach bags.
    www.thefreebiedepot.com/

Really , I had not heard that , I do know they are very protcetvie of their copyrighted desings , Just like Loui Vittion , Burberry ,Kate Spade and Christin Dior

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information