Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Online shopping

Default Online shopping

What are your favorite online stores?

Bluefly.com rocks for designer goods at sale prices. I've picked up a Cynthia Rowley skirt for $24 and a Dolce and Gabbana tie for my SO for $19. There are tons of amazing deals to be had, but I'm limiting my shopping in general these days; it's dangerous for me to even go the website. *cries*

I've spotted a ton of things I love (gift items and jewelry) at RedEnvelope.com, but unfortunately they don't ship to Canada. I'm trying to find a US address that I can ship to, because they really have a lot of unique items for great prices. I saw some necklaces on there that I'd love to give as bridesmaid's gifts - none of their jewelry is too "girly", it's fairly modern.

Of course eBay, Amazon and Sephora, although now that I'm in Toronto it's cheaper for me to go the Sephora store and save on shipping. There's something so addicitive about shopping online though!
    If you reveal your secrets to the wind you should not blame the wind for revealing them to the trees.

- Kahlil Gibran

Do you have to pay duty, Tati?

^^ That's a good question. I want to say yes, because I know I got smacked with it once with a Crate and Barrel order, but I don't remember with any of the other ones, sorry.

eta: actually, maybe not, as I don't think I ever had anything additional to pay on those orders after I'd placed the order. Duty would be applied after the fact, when the item passes through Customs, is that right?

I got hit with it the once because I'd had it shipped to a U.S. address, then actually picked it up and drove it over the border myself. Bastards searched me.
    If you reveal your secrets to the wind you should not blame the wind for revealing them to the trees.

- Kahlil Gibran

Elite Member

i don't shop online at all..i've bought a few things online and i didn't like the experience..i need to see something, check out the sizing in person, try on the shoe or whatever before i buy it..how something looks in a photo is not really helpful...

i hardly buy clothing online bcause i have to try it on but i have bought shoes and bags and make-up. i like sephora, net-a-porter.com, yoox.com (great shoes).
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Girlshop
    Zappos
    Blissworld

ASOS.com
    QVC for make up and beauty

Quote Originally Posted by Honey View Post
    ASOS.com
    QVC for make up and beauty
    How do you find ASOS?

I do most of mine online - coz I live in the sticks.
    Amazon, Landsend (brilliant cold weather gear & returns policy), Figleaves, EBay & I got my first order from a company called Cyrillus & have been really impressed by them!

I find it pretty good...mostly I get bags, footwear, glasses etc and accessories there.

I sell A LOT on Ebay, that is my personal private source of money! Every 2-3 months I just get in cash all the $$$ in my PayPal account. That's so damn flattering!!
    I also buy sometimes but I also try to get things I know I can sell again once I want to get rid of 'em.

Asos.com is hot but I've not ordered yet. Who knows, maybe...
    Then yoox.com. I usually go on Tyra Banks' website to check out what she wears and then I just simply surf the web. That's a lot of fun!!!

I do it all the time with great success. If ANYONE wants great childrens clothes (I mean 4 piece sets VERY high quality) go to
    www.thechildrenswearoutlet.com . You can get them for 10 bucks-some even 5. I don't know how they do it,but they do.
    Softsurroundings.com is good. Chadwicks.com.Amazon.Victorias Secret. For tops, Neiman Marcus.Love 'em all!
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Quote Originally Posted by McJag View Post
    I do it all the time with great success. If ANYONE wants great childrens clothes (I mean 4 piece sets VERY high quality) go to
    www.thechildrenswearoutlet.com . You can get them for 10 bucks-some even 5. I don't know how they do it,but they do.
    Softsurroundings.com is good. Chadwicks.com.Amazon.Victorias Secret. For tops, Neiman Marcus.Love 'em all!
    I love Soft Surroundings. They have such unusual clothes. I've only ordered a pair of embellished flats so far. I want one of their long, gypsy skirts. Pretty.

I spend way too much money at Amazon. You can find anything and everything there.

Quote Originally Posted by Picara View Post
    I love Soft Surroundings. They have such unusual clothes. I've only ordered a pair of embellished flats so far. I want one of their long, gypsy skirts. Pretty.

I spend way too much money at Amazon. You can find anything and everything there.
    LOL! I thought it was soft furnishings til you said that! I'm gonna go have a look, even with the international shipping its still cheaper to buy from the US with the exchange rate at the moment. I'm getting $1.93 to a pound at the mo!
    Its just unfortunate that Target only ship to the US, I love their yoga-pants & jeans because they're so long in the leg & I can't get 34" inseams here as standard (& cheap!).
    Free Charmed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information