Thread: Sick of fashion?

Eli

Default Sick of fashion?

Anyone else sick of keeping up with 'the trends'? I look back on photos and see certain items I wore and think "holy crap was I on speed?... oh no, it's just 1999."

SO sick of trying to look cool, nowadays I just wear whatever the hell I feel like!!
    Anyone the same?

I hardly ever buy trendy clothes and when I do, I don't spend a lot.

I learned a long time ago to wear what looks good on ME, and not some emaciated heroin addict who thinks size 0 is something to aspire to.

^Same here. I buy one or two really inexpensive items to accessorize and that keeps me hip enough.
    Into the sunrise. The sunset is sad to me….it only means the night is coming.

It doesn't bother me as much as it used to. Up until 25 I couldn't stand it, when I didn't have the latest fashion. Now I just have my fashion that gets newly inspired every season, but it's mine nevertheless.

I agree. I think following trends is weak anyway. Whats so awesome about looking like every one else?

I don't follow trends (not since Junior High).

I like the trend of belting clothes, but only because I have a lot of great belts from the 80s that I wasn't wearing much. I've bought two on sale in the past few months, and both look great.

When I look back at some of the earrings I've kept from the 80s, I can't believe I wore those huge things. They do come in handy as shoe clips, tho.

Elite Member

lol..i love huge earrings..i am starting to like high heels as well lol..sometimes anyway...

fashion trends suck - i do my own thing because i don't want to look at a photo of myself in 20 years time wearing footless tights thinking holy shit that look was feral.
    Alicia Silverstone: "I think that the film Clueless was very deep. I think it was deep in the way that it was very light. I think lightness has to come from a very deep place if it's true lightness."

I have to admit I love fashion and trends . . . but some are stupid. Now that I'm over 30, I wanna look my age and not like im a teen. Comfort is important.

I do like to be in style, but Im not gonna spend 39 dollars on a knit top at Urban Outfitters to be cool (even though I love that place). Target is cheap and has great stuff.

I like fashion, for me, cause its a way to express myself creatively on a daily basis. but plenty of fashion is ridic. It has to be comfortable and practical.

Hit By Ban Bus!

I tend to avoid trends (never followed them, would feel stupid if I did) and wear simple items that don't go out of style.

Edit: I only followed trends as a little kid... and it was in the 80s (oh the tragedy), but that was just because my mom picked my clothes.

i've never been a trend follower either I was always the weirdo in school I was always in black(way before goth was cool) just because I like the color and of course in small town america I was a devil worshipping dope head lol not that i cared. I've always been a little odd now if i get out of my PJ's its a good day lol

Thread Information