Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nose piercing...who's got one?

Talking Nose piercing...who's got one?

So I'm thinking about getting my nose pierced. Just wondering who all has done this and would you recommend it? Did it hurt and so on...I have my belly button done and the cartlidge in the top of my ear, and obviously my earlobes. If I do it I will go with a really small stud that I can wear when I'm at work. Any advice?

I have one and i did it myself (yeah i know im nuts)
    It doesn't really hurt and mine healed within few weeks .
    Make sure you clean it at least two times a day with disinfectant (nothing too strong).
    Constantly roll the nose ring around so that the hole doesn't heal around the ring.

I hope I'm not too late to post....I have a nose ring (going on 7 years now) and basically the piercing portion itself isnt bad at all. Belly buttons and cartilage hurt a million times worse. The only issue is your eye will probably water (not like crying, but this uncontrollable watering on whatever side you get pierced on) or you'll get a feeling like you have to sneeze. Thats basically the worst of it.

Not to sound like a dick to yoyoma or anything, but you should NOT constantly roll the ring around...it'll cause you to drag debris (like dirt and the little crusties new piercings get) back into the piercing which will lead to a longer healing time and possibly even infection. If you're using a metal that is safe for piercing (like steel or titanium) there wont be any risk of the "hole healing around the ring."

I would advise against using any sort of disinfectant and support regular sea salt water soaks. If you feel like you have to use disinfectant make sure its extremely diluted (for instance, rub it in your hands first to form a lather, and then put the lather on the piercing instead of putting the disinfectant directly on there). I'm a huge fan of the LITHA (Leave It The Hell Alone) method though...sea saltwater soaks morning and night (or when it gets irritated) to draw out debris and impurities and then just leaving it to its own devices. Remember how mom always said "dont pick at your scabs or they'll never heal" ? Thats basically the attitude you should have toward your piercing. And as hard as it is to do, dont play with your piercing or touch it without washing your hands first...germs on the hands and whatnot...ew.

My nose ring (using the LITHA method) was healed to the point of no redness, pain, or crusties after about 2 weeks. After about 4 weeks I was able to change the jewelry without discomfort.

My flatmate has one and it is always getting infected. I know she keeps good care of it so I am not sure why this keeps happening. That aside, when it has not flared up, it actually looks quite cute.

nose piercing......how can I talk my teenage daughter out of this? The blue hair I can handle.

"The howling backwoods that is IMDB is where film criticism goes to die (and then have its corpse gang-raped, called a racist, and accused of supporting Al-Qaeda)" ----Sean O'Neal, The Onion AV Club

I dont know why you'd be ok with blue hair but not a nose piercing...frankly, a nose piercing is a whole lot easier to hide in say, a job interview or something than blue hair ever would be. And they actually can be quite pretty...a whole lot prettier than blue hair I think.

Good luck on that one!
    My oldest daughter got hers done about a week after graduation. I really like it, though. It is very small and she can put the clear one in if she needs to.

Quote Originally Posted by haggard View Post
    I dont know why you'd be ok with blue hair but not a nose piercing...frankly, a nose piercing is a whole lot easier to hide in say, a job interview or something than blue hair ever would be. And they actually can be quite pretty...a whole lot prettier than blue hair I think.

Cause you can color that hair in about 40 minutes without the chance of infection or God knows what else. It's not about hiding it, I am sure she is concerned about the possibility of complications and such...
    THE EASIEST WAY OUT IS THROUGH....

I dont know. I'd personally rather accept my kid getting a tiny piercing and taking them to a reputable place where the chance of infection is low, than me saying no and trying to talk them out of it and having them decide to just do it themselves with some safety pin in the bathroom thats been "sterilized" by burning the end of it....talk about chance of infection.

Ok, so did you do it?

I waited untill I was nearly 30 to have mine done. I'd wanted my nose pierces since I was 14 or so, but always did as I was told (strict family).
    When I was 29 3/4 I thought I'm nearly 30 I can't still be doing what my mother wants & had it done.

The guy was cool & after he'd done it he asked me if I was ok? I'm fine I said & as I said the end of fine I felt like I'd been hit in the face!!!!

But having said that I have a tattoo from my shoulder bone down to the bottom of my shoulder blade & I really had to fight sleep while he was doing that - so I guess it's all relative....

Oh - and my parents? NEVER EVEN NOTICED!!!!!!

I have small diamond stud. I've had it for over a year now. I've also just stretched my earlobe piercings (owie) to 12g in the first holes and 14g in the second set so I could wear these: www.littleseven.com
    Coffee is my happy drug

I have one too. I went to a professional and got it done. It felt like a sharp pinch. It hurt more healing than actually piercing it.

Quote Originally Posted by piperdiva View Post
    I have small diamond stud. I've had it for over a year now. I've also just stretched my earlobe piercings (owie) to 12g in the first holes and 14g in the second set so I could wear these: www.littleseven.com
    It only takes us to the front page - what's the name of them?

(and didn't it hurt???? I'm sorry I'm a total whimp when it comes to pain!!!)

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    Ok, so did you do it?

I waited untill I was nearly 30 to have mine done. I'd wanted my nose pierces since I was 14 or so, but always did as I was told (strict family).
    When I was 29 3/4 I thought I'm nearly 30 I can't still be doing what my mother wants & had it done.

The guy was cool & after he'd done it he asked me if I was ok? I'm fine I said & as I said the end of fine I felt like I'd been hit in the face!!!!

But having said that I have a tattoo from my shoulder bone down to the bottom of my shoulder blade & I really had to fight sleep while he was doing that - so I guess it's all relative....

Oh - and my parents? NEVER EVEN NOTICED!!!!!!

I havent done it yet. I'm still considering it but my birthday is in April and I am considering either the nose piercing or a tattoo. Leaning more towards the piercing though!!

Hit By Ban Bus!

i have had mine for almost a year and it still hasn't healed, it always smells gross. imagine constantly smelling rotten flesh. i keep thinking others can smell it because its so strong to me.

it's not red or anything, just smelly.

I don't have one, but I think it only looks good on women with cute noses and a delicate face.

I don't have a cute nose.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information