Thread: American Eagle's sizes?

Elite Member

Default American Eagle's sizes?

Do they run small? I went in there for the first time today and almost cried when I couldn't get through a 2 jeans. Had to go up to 4 and they fit but are LOOOONG. I thought it was the trend to make smaller sizes BIGGER for customers, not the other way around? Or have I just (gulp) gained weight?

I don't usually shop in the Abercrombie, AE, Hollister type stores, so if anyone's familiar with those at least maybe they have similar size patterns, and run small?

LOL I would cry tears of joy if I could fit in a sie 2 or 4.

it is all different for me. i'm pretty skinny, and one time i fit in their size 2. another pair of jeans (still from ae) i fit a size 6.

Quote Originally Posted by fatguyinalittlecoat View Post
    Do they run small? I went in there for the first time today and almost cried when I couldn't get through a 2 jeans. Had to go up to 4 and they fit but are LOOOONG. I thought it was the trend to make smaller sizes BIGGER for customers, not the other way around? Or have I just (gulp) gained weight?

I don't usually shop in the Abercrombie, AE, Hollister type stores, so if anyone's familiar with those at least maybe they have similar size patterns, and run small?
    I've had this experience with American Eagle. The one pair of AE khakis I own, are 2 sizes bigger than the rest of the pants in my closet. Needless to say, I don't shop there anymore. I can only take so much disappointment, ya know?

It's amazing how that little tag makes your day, or ruins it. I usually have to buy 12s for my damn love handles and pooch (and then my butt looks like a saggy diaper because I have no ass) but a few weeks ago I found a pair of jeans that said 8. I wear them constantly. I smile when I take them off and see that little 8 (single digit, baby!!!).
    Value the future on a timescale longer than your own. -Richard Dawkins

I qorked there for six years , you have to wear different sizes based on the style of the jean , some run really small ,others run big. They sometimes have issues with all the size being the same , just take more than one pair of the same size of jeans and try them on . Depending on the place they were made the sizes could be really different . Gap , Express and other brands run the same way .

Quote Originally Posted by Killjoy
    I want to be a man, you can walk into any store pick up your size and take them home without even trying them on confidant that they will fit! Sexism at it's worst!
    God, that's the truth. Their sizes actually go by MEASUREMENTS! Lucky bastards.
    Value the future on a timescale longer than your own. -Richard Dawkins

Elite Member

^^Stop it. I've got a hot date tonight. You're making me feel fat.

Quote Originally Posted by fatguyinalittlecoat

how old r u? like 10?

Elite Member

twenty

Default Re: American Eagle's sizes?

I have size 2 jeans that fit me, albeit a bit loose, while I wear a zero in mostly all the other brands I try on.. so I would say they run smallish.

Default Re: American Eagle's sizes?

I always thought they ran large.

Thread Information