Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree58Likes

Thread: The Purse/Handbag/Pocketbook Thread

Default The Purse/Handbag/Pocketbook Thread

So I've decided to start this thread because I really need help choosing. I was a diehard Coach fan until they turned to shit and I've been looking for a new brand to be loyal to. I was looking awhile ago and ended up not buying anything until one of my new lawyers incited a lust in me for new bags because her collection is TO DIE FOR! She has a gorgeous simple Jimmy Choo medium sized bag in plain white and a very nice large red vintage Coach.

Now I can certainly get some vintage Coach that would do, but I am honestly looking for a new brand.

So far I'm looking at this $350 Brahmin:

I prefer a merdium sized tote for daily use and this one is a bit larger than I would like. The Brahmin line is here: https://www.brahmin.com/handbags/smo...0.00&pmin=0.00

I'm also really liking this $300 Dooney, but I'm not a fan of the white stitching so much because as a daily bag I think it would get really dingy. I love the rich brown though: https://www.dooney.com/dooney-bourke...SAAEgJ1xPD_BwE

I also am looking at the Furla's, which are really nice, but not really finding a shape + color combo that works for me. This $450 satchel style is so far the only one that is working for me.: https://www.furla.com/us/en/eshop/wo...tion=5&item=11

Any thoughts?
    Nevan likes this.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

czb

oooh i like the furla. very nice. i have several and they are really durable.
    kasippu likes this.

I like the Furla as well - I like bucket-style bags.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

fgg

pocketbook? is my grandmother hanging out in this thread?
    sprynkles, greysfang, czb and 1 others like this.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

I like the first one, but not the color.

Also not a fan of white stitching.

"A massive penis means never having to say you're sorry". Mo

The color is what I like most about the first one.
    fgg likes this.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

I like the Furla the best too. Somehow the leather seems the best quality? Just my impression.

I like the rigid structure of the D&B but I've mentioned my dislike of advertising the brand, even if it's just with the hardware.
    sputnik likes this.

Reformed (mostly) bag whore here. I second the Furla recommendation and I like that one best of the ones you posted. I’ve had a few over the years and they hold up pretty well. I have a little black tote that’s still stiff after 10+ years. Can’t vouch for the quality of modern D&B but I have a vintage one, your typical khaki and tan leather one with the duck charm. It’s probably from the 80s and it is in great condition.

Have you looked at Everlane? They make good quality basics, no labels.
    https://www.everlane.com/collections...s-leather-bags

The quality is not as great as it used to be but Marc Jacobs still makes good quality bags and you can find them on sale pretty easily.

Longchamp makes really beautiful leather bags too, and they’re super lightweight too. Their styles used to be stuffy but they’ve modernised their look recently. Lots of duty free shops in airports sell them so if you’re travelling internationally that’s a good time to get one.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

I love all those bags. I can't afford any really nice bags but a friend gave me two brand new Hobo brand bags (different style and color from the other) and I love them! A bit smaller than what I normally use, but very nice purses.

czb

i don't have any longchamp but i've seen them around and they look pretty nice. simple, clean lines. minimal logos. HATE ostentatious logos.
    sputnik and fgg like this.

The Furla gets my vote too.
    I hate overstitching, it looks cheap. Which reminds me that I hate Michael Kors bags, and I see them everywhere!
    I like Longchamp (except for those dreadful Pliages that used to be so ubiquitous 10 years ago), I bought a used one for €29 a few years ago. I like Lancel but have never owned one.
    sputnik likes this.
    On avance, on avance, on avance...

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    Reformed (mostly) bag whore here.
    Only because you got banned from their wanky forum lol!!
    czb and sputnik like this.

Okay, after talking it over with the Viking (who still thinks i should just shell out a couple grand for the Jimmy Choo I like (not doing it) as if I didn't ask for a new bag for Christmas (major frowny face)), I'm going to get both the Brahmin in the bordeaux and the Furla, but I'm stuck on which spring-y color to get it in. Choose one.

A.

B.

C.

I like all three color, so majority rules.

czb

i like the second. yay for you!

which JC bag do you like?

None of the new ones. Its an older tote that is still selling secondhand for $800+

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information