Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crocs Anyone?

Hit By Ban Bus! UndercoverGator's Avatar

Default Crocs Anyone?

Anyone here own a pair of Crocs? How well do they hold up?

Default Re: Crocs Anyone?

I wuv mine. I am wearing them as I type. I only wear them around the house and to the corner to get the papers. I do not have enough guts to try them out at the office, although I see women on the bus who do! At 30 bucks a pair why do you care how they hold up?

Default Re: Crocs Anyone?

Because I don't want to buy a pair and have the darn soles fall off or the arches fall in a week. Just wondered how they held up in the long run. I hope they're like my Reebok soccer sandals which I've had forever and they are like new after lots of wearing.

my crocs are just like new and i got them 4 months ago. mind you i'm not wearing them every day but they are so comfortable. i would highly recommend them.

I don't know about the quality of Crocks but they look terribly unfashionable. Especially on men.

I had to google 'crocs.' Turns out, they are in fact those god-awful orange clunky things I've been seeing on people's feet. What the hell?? Since when did it become fashionable to wear restaurant workers' shoes?!

Seriously, though. They look like the stuff lunch ladies wear. But at least they're not as bad as Uggs. GOD HOW I HATE THOSE!!!!

I cannot go there. I just can't. I don't begrudge anyone for getting them and loving them, but.....nope, not for me.

Quote Originally Posted by WickedHo View Post
    I had to google 'crocs.' Turns out, they are in fact those god-awful orange clunky things I've been seeing on people's feet. What the hell?? Since when did it become fashionable to wear restaurant workers' shoes?!

Seriously, though. They look like the stuff lunch ladies wear. But at least they're not as bad as Uggs. GOD HOW I HATE THOSE!!!!
    I didn't know what they were, either. Not my cup of tea but if they were, I'd only wear them around the house.

I don't know why, but I just don't like them. And I'm usually a fan of the clunky shoe! Maybe it's just because I've only seen them in ORANGE. I s'pose I wouldn't begrudge anyone a pair of black or brown or navy or burgundy. But, for the love of God, STAY AWAY FROM THE BRIGHT NEON COLORS!! No one should ever have neon footwear unless they're punk. Ok, ok, neon flip-flops are fine. I guess. Hell, I've got a pair of neon green from Old Navy. Otherwise, it just looks... well... kinda tacky. Or 80s.

People, these are shoes you wear to the fucking beach. Anybody wearing these in a restaurant, at the office, or anywhere not near a large body of water needs to have their head examined. Could they be any more trashy?
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by macabre View Post
    I don't know about the quality of Crocks but they look terribly unfashionable. Especially on men.
    I couldn't agree more for the clog style, but I just bought a pair of Croc Thongs (didn't know they existed) in Manhattan Beach, CA this past weekend. They are the MOST comfortable thongs I have ever worn.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    People, these are shoes you wear to the fucking beach. Anybody wearing these in a restaurant, at the office, or anywhere not near a large body of water needs to have their head examined. Could they be any more trashy?
    Doctors are prescribing them for wear by their diabetic patients and others with foot issues. You see everyone in hospitals and doctors offices wearing them instead of those fugly nursing shoes. My pair is light blue, and feels like walking around on a cloud, they just don't have great arch support.

My teenager tells me that they are 'cool' with the high school crowd, whatever that means..

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    I wouldn't even wear these to the beach.

Elite Member

When I first saw this thread I thought I'd be nice and stay out of it--but here I go.

These are the ugliest shoes I've ever seen in my life. This coming from a chick who used to wear black silver pink and white LA Gear hightops with 2 sets of odd color tongues with 2 pairs of odd color laces.

Working an airport job I noticed there were so many travelers with the same awful neon puffy styrofoam shoes, blegh. Then I went to the mall and saw a sign announcing them as the !greatest new thing! in footwear. Not to mention the patriotic American flag red white & blue stars and stripes ones they had in the front door of Payless. Snazzy

But maybe in white they don't look so bad with the hospital gear and whatnot?

These shoes were NOT designed to be fashionable. IMO. They were designed for comfort and function, not style.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information