Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Most expensive jewellery in the world

Elite Member

Default Most expensive jewellery in the world

Most expensive jewellery in the world

Most expensive jewellery in the world

13/11/2015

From tiara to bracelets and rings, let’s take a look at the most exquisite and expensive jewelry in the world.

© Mario Anzuoni/Reuters

Blue Moon Diamond

A beautiful 'Blue Moon Diamond' was sold for $48.4 million at an auction in Geneva, Switzerland on Nov. 11, 2015. The rare diamond was purchased by a private collector from Hong Kong and the sale price has set a world record for any gemstone. It took six months to carefully cut and polish the precious stone in New York to produce a 12.03 carat vivid-blue gem.

© Nils Jorgensen/REX Shutterstock/Rex Images

Cowdray Pearls and Jewel of Kashmir

At Sotheby’s auction in Hong Kong on Oct. 8, 2015, a rare natural grey pearl necklace named Cowdray Pearls (pictured) was sold for over US $5.2 million, and a 27.68-carat Kashmir sapphire and diamond ring, Jewel of Kashmir, was sold for US $6.71 million. The ring set a world auction record for the price per carat for a Kashmir sapphire. Both the pieces were purchased by Hong Kong collectors.

© PORVA/REX

Elizabeth Taylor Diamond

Richard Burton gifted this 33.1 carat potentially flawless diamond set on a ring to Elizabeth Taylor in 1968. The ring attracted a price of US $8.8 million at an auction in December 2011.

© Tobi Jenkins /REX

Princess Diana's Sapphire Ring

Hand-picked by Princess Diana for her engagement, the lovely ring now belongs to Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge. The ring has a flawless, 18-carat sapphire surrounded by diamonds.

© Luke MacGregor/Reuters

Bulgari Blue Diamond Ring

This unique, two-stoned ring features a triangular-shaped blue diamond weighing 10.95 carats and a colourless triangular diamond weighing 9.87 carats. The ring fetched US$ 15.7 million at a Christies Jewel auction in New York in October 2010.

© Then Chih Wey/REX

Mouawad L'Incomparable

Named the most expensive necklace by Guinness World Records, Mouawad L'Incomparable is valued at US$ 55 million. This stunning, 637-carat necklace features a total of 103 diamonds in different shapes.

© Denis Balibouse/Reuters

Unmounted Heart-Shaped Diamond

The unmounted heart-shaped D colour, internally flawless diamond weighs 56.15 carats and is also known as "Love At First Sight." The lovely diamond fetched US $12 million at an auction in Geneva in May 2011.

© HO/AP

Heart of the Ocean Diamond

This imitation of the necklace worn by Kate Winslet in the movie "Titanic" features a 15-carat blue diamond. Created by jeweler Harry Winston, the piece was worn by actress Gloria Stuart at the 1998 Academy Awards.

© Jason Reed/Reuters

Wittelsbach-Graff Diamond

The 31.06 blue-coloured diamond with flawless clarity is oval in shape and mounted on a ring. The owner Laurence Graff sold the diamond to the emir of Qatar in 2011 for at least US $80 million.

© Bebeto Matthews/AP

La Peregrina

This 16th-century pearl has been through many royal hands, including King Phillip II and Queen Mary I. One of the most precious in the world, the pear-shaped pearl was gifted to legendary Elizabeth Taylor by Richard Burton. In 2011, the pearl was sold in an auction for US $11.8 million.

© Kirsty Wigglesworth/AP

Wallis Simpson Panther Bracelet

Made in 1952, the bracelet belonged to Duchess of Windsor Wallis Simpson. The beautiful bracelet of life-like panther has ears made of diamonds, eyes made of green emerald and teeth made of platinum. The bracelet was sold for a massive US $7.3 million in 2010. It’s rumoured that music icon Madonna bought the bracelet.

© Richard Drew/AP)

Taj Mahal Diamond

This stunning piece, circa 1627-28, was Elizabeth Taylor's 40th birthday gift from Richard Burton. The legend has it that Mughal Emperor Shah Jahangir gifted the diamond to his son Shah Jahan who later gifted it to his wife, Mumtaz Mahal. The heart-shaped diamond was sold for US$ 8.8 million at an auction in December 2011.

© Anja Niedringhaus/AP

Cora Sun-Drop Diamond

Found in 2010, this stunning 110.3 carat jewel is the largest known yellow pear-shaped diamond. In 2011, it was sold for US$ 10.9 million at an auction in Geneva, Switzerland, making it the world’s most expensive yellow diamond ever sold at auction.

© Stefan Wermuth/Reuters

Emerald and Diamond Tiara

The stunning tiara, believed to be a part of Princess Katharina Henckel von Donnersmarck’s personal collection, is made of diamond and pear-shaped emerald drops. Commissioned in 1900, the tiara was auctioned for US $12.7 million in Geneva in 2011.

© FABRICE COFFRINI/AFP/Getty Images

The Pink Star

The 59.60 carat flawless diamond is oval in shape and mounted on a ring. Measuring 2.69 cm by 2.06 cm, the diamond was auctioned by Sotheby for a massive US $83 million (£52million) in Geneva, Switzerland, in November 2013. However, after the buyer defaulted, Sotheby re-acquired the diamond.

© Richard Leeney/Getty Images

Taaffeite

This precious stone, found in Sri Lanka and Tanzania, is named after Australian gemologist Richard Taaffe. One of the rarest gems in the world, Taaffeite costs about US $1,500-US $2,500 per carat.

© Lefteris Pitarakis/AP

The Graff Pink

The lovely 24.78-carat pink diamond is one of the very few flawless diamonds existing in the world. The diamond was sold for US $46.2 million to the British billionaire jeweller Laurence Graff in 2010 who named it “The Graff Pink.”

© Denis Balibouse/Reuters

Empress Eugenie Brooch

The brooch, owned by the wife of Napoleon III, is made of silver, gold and cushion-shaped diamonds. The brooch is valued at US $10.5 million.

© De Agostini / Photo 1/Getty Images

Musgravite

Discovered in 1967, this unique stone is found in numerous colours. One of the rarest of rare stones, Musgravite costs US $35,000 per carat.
    twitchy2.0 likes this.

A*O

That photo is NOT St Diana/Duchess Doolittle's ring which is oval, not square.
    I also don't believe the grey pearls are worth that much, I can get something very similar from my fave online pearl place for a fraction of that price. PM me if you want a link.
    And the cabochon emerald "tiara" looks like a famous cuff/bracelet owned by Daisy Fellowes.
    I know my bling.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Elite Member

Right you are M'Lady A*O.

(Getty Images)

Kate Middleton engagement ring replica and cost

The Princess Katharina Henckel von Donnersmarck Emerald and Diamond Tiara apparently is the real deal (this dozy Becky finally did some research )..

Here is the link to a Sotheby's page about it (it's not letting me transfer the page info)..

http://www.sothebys.com/en/auctions/...2/lot.443.html

And here is another interesting website (droolworthy), which has a lot info and photo's about it too..

http://www.thecourtjeweller.com/2015...nckel-von.html

With the Pearls, (the necklace and earring set), the necklace has a HUGE diamond clasp on it.

(image from http://www.jewelsdujour.com/2015/10/...bys-hong-kong/)
    The Cowdray Pearls set a new auction record for a natural grey pearl necklace

There is a lovely HUGE picture of the set at http://www.forbes.com/sites/anthonyd...ction-records/
    Last edited by *Wookie-Chick*; November 24th, 2015 at 04:05 AM.

Elite Member

Whilst we are talking Blingz, here is some more ..

Rare, 25-carat pink diamond found among Imelda Marcos collection-Christie's

http://www.msn.com/en-au/news/world/rare-25-carat-pink-diamond-found-among-imelda-marcos-collection-christies/ar-BBnnnOF?li=AAabC8j&ocid=

Reuters
    Karen Lema 37 mins ago

© AP Photo/Bullit Marquez Christie's auction house appraiser David Warren examines a set of jewelry from Roumeliotes Collection, one of three sets of the Marcos Jewelry Collection, during appraisal at the Central Bank of the Philippines.

A rare 25-carat, barrel-shaped pink diamond has been found among the jewelry collection of former Philippine first lady Imelda Marcos, Christie's said on Tuesday after the government asked the auction house to appraise her collection of rare stones.

The Philippine government could decide to auction the collection after Christie's and rival Sotheby's appraise three sets of jewelry confiscated almost three decades ago after the fall of Imelda's husband, the late dictator Ferdinand Marcos.

"We had an extremely exciting find," said David Warren, director of jewelry at London-based Christie's. "We found an old briolette-cut diamond, which is 25 carats. It has a distinct pink color. Pink diamonds are exceedingly rare."

He said the diamond could be valued at $5 million and would significantly increase the value of the entire collection if the collection is auctioned. The three sets in the collection were valued at $6 million-8 million in 1991.

Only three pure, vivid pink diamonds of more than 10 carats have appeared for sale in almost 250 years of auction history, according to Christie's.

A large cushion-shaped, pink-hued diamond sold for $28.55 million at the Christie's semi-annual jewelry sale in Geneva on Nov. 10.

© AP Photo/Bullit Marquez Philippine President Ferdinand Marcos, with his wife Imelda at his side, gestures from the balcony of the Malacanang Palace after taking the oath of office in February 1986.

The Philippine government had tried to auction the three sets in 2005 but Imelda Marcos contested the move, claiming ownership of only two of the sets. One was found in the presidential palace after her family's hasty departure in 1986 and another was seized in Hawaii, where they lived in exile.

Imelda Marcos, now an elected member of Congress, is best known for leaving behind more than 1,200 pairs of shoes when her family fled. She has vowed to recover her family's seized assets.

Ferdinand Marcos was president for nearly two decades before he was ousted in an army-backed uprising in 1986. He was accused of amassing more than $10 billion while in office and died in exile in 1989.

Among his assets were paintings by such masters as Monet, Picasso and Van Gogh.

The government displayed the 750 pieces in the three sets of jewelry to the media. The collection, kept in a vault at the central bank, includes Burmese rubies, Indian and South African diamonds and Colombian emeralds.

"It shows you the excesses of the Marcos regime," said Andrew de Castro, commissioner of the state agency tasked with recovering the wealth amassed by the Marcoses and their cronies.

"At a time when people were suffering, they were collecting this set of jewelry," he said.

Sotheby's will appraise the collection on Thursday. (Reporting by Karen Lema; Writing by Manuel Mogato; Editing by Paul Tait)

Everything just looks like colored glass to my unsophisticated eyes...
    Kittylady, palta, panic and 2 others like this.

^^Jewelry is a huge racket. I know what they pay for it and the markup. I'll stick with CZ, where no one knows the difference anyway.
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

[
    © Mario Anzuoni/Reuters

Blue Moon Diamond

A beautiful 'Blue Moon Diamond' was sold for $48.4 million at an auction in Geneva, Switzerland on Nov. 11, 2015. The rare diamond was purchased by a private collector from Hong Kong and the sale price has set a world record for any gemstone. It took six months to carefully cut and polish the precious stone in New York to produce a 12.03 carat vivid-blue gem.

The collector in HK bought this for his 7 year old daughter. He also bought her the 16.08-carat vivid pink diamond below that sold for $28.5 million at Christie’s the night before. And you thought you might be spoiling your children....

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

A*O

Ha ha, I inherited a double strand of graduated pearls from my MIL which are lovely, if a bit dated these days. They also had a very good diamond in the clasp worth way more than the pearls so I put a CZ in the clasp and had the diamond made into a solitaire pendant which I wear a lot, unlike the pearls.
    Dame Edna Everage

I have a pearl necklace that I never wear either, also inherited. I take them out sometimes, thinking I will, but I never do.

On occasion I wear an art deco pearl bracelet with a diamond pendant style piece in the middle and diamond bars, along these lines.

I love jewelry, its the Mediterranean in me.... It's a stereotype, but one that frequently holds true. My grandmother did too, and I was her favorite granddaughter so she left me lots. She left quite a bit to my mother, but my mother never wears jewelry, except for a watch, so I've acquired most of those pieces too...

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

i love jewellery too. i have a marquise shaped art deco ring that was my grandmother's and that i wear almost daily. the centre stone is a round diamond but the interesting part is the work around it which is a mix of other smaller diamonds and a really dark stone that i initially thought was onyx but which turned out to be semi-translucent and is probably a very dark garnet.

i think kate middleton/diana's sapphire ring is boring. beautiful stone but the setting is dated and boring and i hate that there are so many prongs around the sapphire.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

^^ I love deep garnets. So 30s...

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    i think kate middleton/diana's sapphire ring is boring. beautiful stone but the setting is dated and boring and i hate that there are so many prongs around the sapphire.
    I agree. The setting just screams 80s to me. Everyone had rings like that then, either a saph, emerald or a ruby, ringed with the diamonds. I didn't like them then and don't like it now.

I'd reset that into something with just 4 corner prongs on the saph and change up the diamonds.
    sputnik likes this.

A*O

I read on a royal bling blog that St Diana actually left The Ring to Harry in her will, but somehow William persuaded him to let Kate have it. Many people believe it should have been permanently retired when Diana died because it has such a close, iconic connection to her whole story but Ma Middleton was determined to snag it.
    Dame Edna Everage

It probably should have been. I can absolutely see the MIL making sure that it wasn't. She's a parvenu's parvenu...

A*O

I love jewellery too. I feel nekkid without at least earrings, a couple of rings and something round my neck. But I don't like big flashy stuff, discreet quality for me. I have a lovely matching garnet necklace/earrings from an elderly aunt which I seldom if ever get the opportunity to wear because they are really for a big formal evening occasion which I don't do these days with Mr Antisocial Asleep By 8pm.
    Dame Edna Everage

Maybe I need to turn in my girl card. My mom (who is notorious for giving things away) has given me 3 one carat diamonds. Two were in necklaces and the other she had made into a ring. While I wear the ring, I've never once thought about putting on the necklaces.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information