Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree48Likes

Thread: Shoes you like

Default Shoes you like

In the celeb style subforum I see a lot of negative comments about shoes. Often I don't see what is so bad about the shoes? I want to know what you DO like.

But I am feeling confused right now about shoe and handbag trends. I seek UNDERSTANDING. Why are booties evil? How do you feel about boyfriend shoes? What would you wear on your feet, with what, and why?

I will start. I am going more preppy this fall/winter and getting more tweedy, warm, soft, colorful things. More blue, brown, and red, and less black. I am phasing out the skinny silhouette because I think I look better in a drapier pant with fuller legs. I do have two pairs of trousers, tapered and black, that I will keep working with, and one pair of perfectly fitting black skinnies that are ok for now.

So in keeping with the preppy, I really want a pair of penny loafers, maybe these, from Frye, not sure of color yet:

The traditional Bass shoes I fear may have dropped in quality.

i can wear these with ankle-length trousers and cuffed skinnies. Prob button shirt, maybe sweater. Tweed blazer or blue walker coat.

Tell me why it sucks, and ...

Your turn!
    Posted from my fucking iPhone

So I am trying to figger out if those loafers are just to square to live with, see. I have been wanting a pair for years but haven't bought them, and I think I should just try and right now trends are such that these could be fun for a casual look, and with the right clothes they don't have to be boarding school fare. But AM I WRONG? Help!

czb

i think they're ok for work but i am NOT a fashion maven.

and i will add that i do not like booties. they just don't make most women's legs look good.
    louiswinthorpe111 likes this.

Would you be going with that color?
    "A true whore just loves her life." - Sluce

i'm not posting pics of the shoes I like because Grey's will be mean to me. *sniff*
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

i just bounce between my tennies and my desert boots. I'm low maintenance. I do have some Bass Weejuns I wear sometimes.
    Shinola likes this.

i don't think there's anything wrong with booties. if they're cut low so that they're way below your ankle bone, you can wear them with skirts more easily than taller booties. but even then, only if you have the legs for booties and skirts and a lot of women don't. but they look awesome with skinnies and cropped pants so you it's not like you can only wear them with skirts.

right now i'm alternating a lot between:

a pair of booties very similar to these:

a pair of heeled brogues almost identical to these:

and i have a pair of very simple black booties with a higher heel:

and i love a good pair of knee-high boots and glad it's finally cold enough to wear them.
    Laurent and Shinola like this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

I wear ballets flats almost all year. Some have a hidden tiny platform in the heel others have the memory foam in the soles .They offer me some support and they don't make me feel like I am walking on the ground .

This style from J.Crew are one of my favorites
    Shinola and louiswinthorpe111 like this.

btw, shinola, i like the penny loafers!
    Shinola likes this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

I've been wearing these. It's getting cold here and I walk to work, so these are helpful and comfortable. Plus they kick ass in general. I actually need a new pair as I've worn them so much the toe is starting to come away on one of them and my feet get wet in puddles.
    Novice, Kittylady and KrisNine like this.
    Ain't nothing wrong with Ohio wang! - MontanaMama

Just bought these Lucky Brand boots from work. DSW had a 40% off day for employees yesterday (as opposed to our usual 30% discount), and these were in clearance at 30% off to begin with. Bought them for about $36. Leather, a nice wine red color.

Also bought these yesterday. In clearance at 40% off. Have been lusting after them since they arrived.

I wear lots of boots in the fall/winter but mostly live in ballet flats. Calvin Klein, Cole Haan, Madden, Coach are favorites.
    Shinola and Novice like this.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

I love all kinds of shoes, but I usually wear Naots & Dansko's because I have foot problems.
    ><((((>. . `.><((((>><((((>`..`...><((((>.`.. ><((((> `..`...><((((>

Quote Originally Posted by Air Quotes View Post
    Would you be going with that color?
    No, I think charcoal or black.

Quote Originally Posted by msdeb View Post
    i'm not posting pics of the shoes I like because Grey's will be mean to me. *sniff*

Awwwww.

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    i don't think there's anything wrong with booties. if they're cut low so that they're way below your ankle bone, you can wear them with skirts more easily than taller booties. but even then, only if you have the legs for booties and skirts and a lot of women don't. but they look awesome with skinnies and cropped pants so you it's not like you can only wear them with skirts.

right now i'm alternating a lot between:

a pair of booties very similar to these:

a pair of heeled brogues almost identical to these:

and i have a pair of very simple black booties with a higher heel:

and i love a good pair of knee-high boots and glad it's finally cold enough to wear them.
    i like them all. My Oxford shoes have a lower heel. I like the first pair a lot because something that doesn't squeeze, like it has a larger or envelope opening, is more flattering to my postpartum plus former dancer's legs. I'd wear them all right now if I thought I looked up to it but am being cautious. Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by levitt View Post

I've been wearing these. It's getting cold here and I walk to work, so these are helpful and comfortable. Plus they kick ass in general. I actually need a new pair as I've worn them so much the toe is starting to come away on one of them and my feet get wet in puddles.
    i don't have any lace-ups right now but like a strong or heavy boot sometimes. It's fun to feel ready to kick butt!

Quote Originally Posted by Brookie View Post

Just bought these Lucky Brand boots from work. DSW had a 40% off day for employees yesterday (as opposed to our usual 30% discount), and these were in clearance at 30% off to begin with. Bought them for about $36. Leather, a nice wine red color.

Also bought these yesterday. In clearance at 40% off. Have been lusting after them since they arrived.

I wear lots of boots in the fall/winter but mostly live in ballet flats. Calvin Klein, Cole Haan, Madden, Coach are favorites.
    I love riding boots and have decided to take my older black pair to a leather shop because they are very high-quality and I think they can make it another season, after looking at new ones. Wine color! i am into that idea. I wanted to try a pair that color in Macy's but the salesman was weird, as he said, "really. You want to try those. Don't you think they look like rain boots?" So I said I would just shop somewhere else and walked away. Please. I will decide that shit for myself, and I doubt he has ever worn wine-colored tall boots.

I got new brown ones but the quality is lower and I feel it. I love the angled opening on those ankle boots.

I have a pair of black flats and a fun pair of suede cobalt ones. They are never as comfy on me as I hope bc there is a spot on my forefoot that juts out and ... I guess I could get a shoe stretcher. I love the easy look of flats.

Quote Originally Posted by choozen1ne View Post
    I wear ballets flats almost all year. Some have a hidden tiny platform in the heel others have the memory foam in the soles .They offer me some support and they don't make me feel like I am walking on the ground .

This style from J.Crew are one of my favorites
    simple and pretty.
    Last edited by Tati; October 26th, 2013 at 04:10 PM. Reason: merging multi-posts

For greys and shed:

CornFlakegrl and Shinola like this.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

so far this fall i've bought these two pairs of booties. i get a lot of compliments on the brown pair, they look good with cuffed jeans.
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information