Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Handbag Heaven

A*O

Default Handbag Heaven

I met 'a friend of a friend' today who runs a designer handbag business, ie, he imports FANTASTIC top quality fake designer bags from Hong Kong. You name it, he's got it and for less then 1/10th of the price. Paying thousands of dollars for a handbag is beyond crazy anyway, but a gorgeous Gucci for $150 or less is well worth it. Apparently all the local celebs get their bags from this guy too. It's all totally illegal of course so he will get busted sooner or later so I'm going to stock up.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Zee

Default Re: Handbag Heaven

Sounds good to me. Can't understand paying a small fortune for a bag that is out of style shortly after it arrives.

Stock up!
    Drive a car, drive a boat, drive a plane. What does it matter? As long as I'm drunk!
    pəʇɐɔɐɯnpə ɹ ı

Jeebus, and I just spent way too much money on purses in Spain. But I'm an addict, especially for Gucci. Maybe I'll have to ask you for his info. I'm assuming that these purses fell off a truck somewhere?

You can also get purses like that in Downtown LA. You can find anything fake there.

A*O

Quote Originally Posted by pacific breeze
    I'm assuming that these purses fell off a truck somewhere?
    Not exactly, they are made to order in the capital of counterfeit, Hong Kong and shipped here specially. They even have the 'makers' stamp, reg number in the lining etc. and the quality of the leather is very good. You really can't tell the difference from the real thing (apart from the price).
    Dame Edna Everage

pretending to be a lurker but I'm not quiet enough

I'd ask you to mail me a couple but Canadian customs might open up the package and confisticate them then I end up on their black list.

If you think it's crazy, you ain't seen a thing. Just wait until we're goin down in flames.

A*O

^^ That's why this guy is going to get busted sooner or later. This stuff is shipped to him via DHL and customs DO check, especially if the inventory says "Misc designer handbags" and the package is from Hong Kong.
    Dame Edna Everage

Hong Kong is the home of "mirror replicas"-you will never buy off the street corner again. They use the actual LV canvas from the same factory that makes it for LV. Sad really-only plastic over fabric even if they do charge thousands.... The quality is high but often the fakes don't match up on finish out detail. There is the warranty too. I carried a sleek black leather Prada off and on for a year and the handle broke twice! I just dropped it off at Neiman's and they shipped it back. No charge, no hassle. I disagree that all designer bags go out in one season. The same LV that we had in high school is being carried by people now. It was "out" for about three years in twenty. Of course, the more obnoxious designs (multi-colore and cerises come to mind...) look dated very quickly.

A*O

I have some great bags, some of them (ahem) quite a few years old and they still look fabulous. Provided you choose a 'classic' design they won't ever go out of fashion IMO. I prefer the unfussy styles and not the gimickky ones with lots of zips and pockets (and I HATE those multi colour LV things, even the real ones look tacky and fake).
    Dame Edna Everage

My mom has 2 LVs, one she got as a gift from my dad the year I was born. It is the classic brown LV print and it has been very well-loved. She still carries it. She went and bought a small LV when she was in Paris last year and it is the god awful colored print. She likes that one more b/c its smaller than the other and I hate that she spent so much money on something so hideous looking (I HATE those with a passion, they are just tacky). I wish she'd carry the brown one more often, it's far classier.

Ditto. Clean, classic lines will never go out of fashion. I don't mind LV if it's understated, but I think it is obscenely overpriced and have never figured out why it's so incredibly popular.

Lil

I am rather partial to a nice handbag. I don't like anything with an obvious logo though, I think it's tacky.
    A big boy did it and ran away.

I once visited China and stocked up on tons of fake purses, all for about less than $50. And, it even has the "Made in France" stuff and the company's logo and everything even though it's fake. I can't even tell the difference between the real and fake ones, except the fake ones zippers are horrible and always get stuck.

nothing logofied for me. but i agree that really good fakes are hard to come by and most of the others don't have the quality. nothing beats a handmade, beautifully crafted bag. i think my next splurge will be a céline biker boogie in black...
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

ioffer.com sports some Chinese lovelies if anyone is interested. Caveat emptor. I have never used this site for other than browsing, so it is not a recommendation.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information