Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: Jeans (and how to avoid the "Mom" variety)

Default Jeans (and how to avoid the "Mom" variety)

Gap and Old Navy Make Mom Jeans | Grasping for Objectivity

I couldn't get the whole blog to copy and paste (help!) but it's an interesting look at Gap and Old Navy jeans compared to some others. I detest bling and huge stitching on women's asses but I wound up trying on the ReRock jeans from Express today. Damn it they didn't make me look 10 lbs thinner.

Which are you favorites?
    MmeVertigina likes this.

Citizen's of Humanity are my favorites. They're pretty pricey, but I keep them for years. I have a pair that are ten years old and look great. When I had a few more pounds on me (after baby) I really liked Joe's. I also really like Paige Denim. Again, these are both over $100, but I can wear them for years.

I've had a hard time, until recently, finding jeans that weren't mom jeans or ass crack jeans.

But, I should add, all three of these can be found on sale racks and rounders and also at places like Off 5th and Nordstrom Rack.

I like Not Your Daughters Jeans . I can't wear low rise jeans without looking like a massive muffin top and the couple of pair I have from NYDJ don't give my muffin top and they don't stretch out a whole size when you wear them
    The Old Navy Rock-star are OK fitting , some keep their shape and others stretch a full size after an hour of wearing . Most Gap jeans stretch so bad they are unwearable on me .

That was one of the blogger's main points. Until she said it, I didn't realize all my Gap jeans are the same way. '

Like I said I tried these on today (after having boycotted Express for crappy quality for the last ten years) and was shocked how good they looked. I found a $50 off coupon online and they were buy one ($120) get one for $30. So all in all I spent about $50 on each pair.

I bought Gap Maternity jeans while I was pregnant and a pair right after I had my baby. The maternity pair were awesome and I loved them, so I thought the exact same style and cut would be flattering post-baby. Damn, was I wrong. They made me look like a shapeless lump. The ass sagged so bad on them.

ETA - those are cute, bella.

I haven't bought jeans in a long time, because as I bitched about in another thread, I can't find them without stretch anymore. 100% cotton boot cut jeans are impossible to find. Googling for it hasn't helped much, either, except other people like me who loathe stretch in jeans and pants and griping about it. If anyone has suggestions on where I can find them still being produced, I'd be interested and grateful.
    Sylkyn and JazzyGirl like this.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

^ Is one percent Elastene too much ? Levi's has a couple of pair that are 99% cotton
    Levi's 524™ Skinny Jeans - Mount Fogo - Skinny
    Levi's 518™ Boot Cut Jeans - Summer Rain - Boot Cut

Not for most people, probably, but I don't like any stretch at all. The denim seems thinner and feels clingy to me when it has it. It amazes me that even Levi's doesn't make a woman's boot cut jean without stretch anymore. They're Levi's for crying out loud.

Thank you for looking, though!
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

I gave up on jeans (for the reasons Laurent mentions) about 2 years ago. Plus they make me feel fat and they always make me feel uncomfortable. Even the stretchies. No, I'm not ginormous, but I'll stick with dress slacks or capris (for spring/summer) and let go of my 20s. About fucking time, if I do say so myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurent View Post
    I haven't bought jeans in a long time, because as I bitched about in another thread, I can't find them without stretch anymore. 100% cotton boot cut jeans are impossible to find. Googling for it hasn't helped much, either, except other people like me who loathe stretch in jeans and pants and griping about it. If anyone has suggestions on where I can find them still being produced, I'd be interested and grateful.
    Seven (7 For All Mankind) used to make a 100% cotton jean. I see there are a few up on ebay. I have a pair and they're great. Mine are super old and don't fit
    Laurent likes this.

Express, eh? I haven't walked into that place since the 90's.

I buy whatever jean is on the sale rack and looks good on me when I try them on. Don't care the brand name, and I don't pay more than $25.
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylkyn View Post
    I gave up on jeans (for the reasons Laurent mentions) about 2 years ago. Plus they make me feel fat and they always make me feel uncomfortable. Even the stretchies. No, I'm not ginormous, but I'll stick with dress slacks or capris (for spring/summer) and let go of my 20s. About fucking time, if I do say so myself.
    I own 2 jeans and I never wear them as I find them so uncomfortable.
    Sylkyn and Lalique like this.

My favorite brand is Current/Elliott, never got a bad cut/fit from them.

I'm with those who hate stretch in the jeans. I don't mind the initial feel, it's later when the crotch has dropped / stretched six inches and I feel like I'm wearing a diaper that I want to burn them.
    Sylkyn, Laurent, JazzyGirl and 1 others like this.

I have two pair of Buckle jeans and I love them. They were worth the money I dropped on them.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information