Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Victoria's Secret hoochie Christmas Catalog

Default Victoria's Secret hoochie Christmas Catalog

Well its that time of year again. time to slut it up for christmas! does anyone else find that the stuff in the Victorias secret catalog is just hoochier than ever? And so over priced. Also the girls are getting tinier. this new blonde girl is so tiny she probably weighs the same as my six year old neice. and more of the girls have implants now. Inspiring body hatred for all those younger generations!

Elite Member

I get their catalogues mailed to me every single week without fail, and it seems they're always trying to recycle the clothing from season to season. Some of their stuff is nice; others not so much.

Elite Member

I don't get the catalogue anymore, but I've noticed the retail stores seem to be catering to teens now. And, yes, everything is sooo small! I used to buy a lot of sleepwear there, but now there is nothing that I'm interested in. It's either little-girly hearts and flowers or S&M whore looking outfits. Whatever happened to pretty and sexy? I want a babydoll nightie that you can't see through. VS used to be tasteful.

Everything is getting smaller, even in the plus size stores. We've been noticing the Holiday shipments have had some very small looking clothing in them.

Elite Member

^ Way to alienate your normal-sized customers..

SVZ

i bet VS will release a statement that the smaller sizes will help encourage their consumers lose weight, because VS is such a well known and high class store that wearing one of their articles of clothing is like a gift.

The best gift you can give yourself is Victoria Secret. Sexy, sensual, bulimic.

yeah, no kidding.
    it seems they are catering to the teens now. so much of their stuff looks too young even for the models wearing them. stuff no one over thirty would care about. unless you're mariah carey.
    and so much of it is so whore-ish. like the club/skank wear.
    i actually buy stuff from them from time to time. but not that much any more. i try to get it on ebay if i can.

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer View Post
    ^ Way to alienate your normal-sized customers..

Our store starts at size 14. We have never had a market for skinny people, there are enough stores for them.

Quote Originally Posted by olivia720 View Post
    yeah, no kidding.
    it seems they are catering to the teens now. so much of their stuff looks too young even for the models wearing them. stuff no one over thirty would care about. unless you're mariah carey.
    and so much of it is so whore-ish. like the club/skank wear.
    i actually buy stuff from them from time to time. but not that much any more. i try to get it on ebay if i can.
    no kiddin....you can get VS stuff 80% off on ebay!! what a mark up...

Blech, I never liked VS's quality anyway. Bras always stick into me in some painful way. The material is lousy. They spend all their money on models and very little on the merch.

SVZ

has anyone tried their laundry soap?

^Yes! It's excellent. I recommend it to all my bra customers.

To clarify: I work for Lane Bryant, exclusively plus size clothing. We also have a lingerie company that is pretty much the plus size equivalent of Victoria's Secret, which is my main department.

Both companies used to be owned by the Limited, right? But then Lane Bryant was sold?

Yes, Lane Bryant was bought by Charming Shoppes. Charming Shoppes has 3 retail stores that all deal with plus size. Catherine's is our highest end, oldest, and biggest clothes (sizes 14-32). Lane Bryant is the middle, and more trendy (we have alienated some of our older customers a little bit, but it isn't too young that its unwearable, they just think some of the looks are too fashion forward for them), it handles sizes 14-28. Fashion Bug is the low end and youngest, it carries junior/skinny sizes as well as plus size.

Cacique is the Lane Bryant lingerie company. It is expanding at an astronomical rate. They are on the path to be as big as Victoria's Secret, just for the plus size company, especially since both started the same way (part of another company, sold in one of the chain stores, breaking off into something separate). The rumors are that there will be stand alone Cacique stores starting in early 2006, which is excellent since the original projection was late 2007.

layne bryant seems really overpriced too.
    yes, VS spends so much on Image, marketing, their models, their five billion catalogs, that the actual clothes arent neccesarily great quality.
    i have to say Fashion Bug is some of the worst quality ive seen.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information