Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By azoria
  • 2 Post By Quazar

Thread: Nanette Lepore at JC Penney

Default Nanette Lepore at JC Penney

I risk sounding like a snob here but..... I hate when designers sell out and create lower end lines for mass marketing in stores like Kohl's and Penneys. To me it cheapens the rest of their work. I don't have a Kohl's close by so I am not there often. Still I get annoyed when I see Vera Wang on the racks. Now Nanette Lepore has a line in the juniors section at Penneys with all pieces under $50. I am not happy with her line at all this spring but seeing these pieces made it worse. Of course I would never be wearing juniors clothing anyway. How do others feel about this?

L'Amour Nanette Lepore at JCPenney: Check Out the Photos (Oh, & Everything's Under $50!): Dressed: glamour.com

You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

I feel the same way Sluce.
    "A true whore just loves her life." - Sluce

I don't wear designer clothing and have no desire to, so as long as the clothes don't suck (which most of them do) it really doesn't matter to me.
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

I haven't been in a JC Penny in at least 15 years. Hell, I wouldn't shop there if they were giving their ugly clothes away for free. Hate Penny's.

No self respecting circus clown would wear that ridiculous Lepore stuff. That is some ugly shit.
    Just what you'd expect from JC Penny.
    Seth82 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by azoria View Post
    I haven't been in a JC Penny in at least 15 years. Hell, I wouldn't shop there if they were giving their ugly clothes away for free. Hate Penny's.

No self respecting circus clown would wear that ridiculous Lepore stuff. That is some ugly shit.
    Just what you'd expect from JC Penny.
    Well she's my favorite designer so I guess I'd better run away and join the circus....

Anyway - I also hate when designers create lower-price mass market clothes. The quality definitely isn't there and you wonder how much input they actually had in the design other than put their name on it and collect the money.
    sluce and Waterslide like this.
    The more people I encounter, the more I like my animals.

That line for Juniors is not representative of her normal line for women. She likes color, and is creative, but I wouldn't say it is circus attire.

Quazar - what you think of the Lepore spring line? I am very disappointed. There is not one piece yet that I have the slighest urge to buy.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    That line for Juniors is not representative of her normal line for women. She likes color, and is creative, but I wouldn't say it is circus attire.

Quazar - what you think of the Lepore spring line? I am very disappointed. There is not one piece yet that I have the slighest urge to buy.
    I haven't seen anything I have to have right now either. Once or twice a year or so I like to go to her store in SoHo where they have 6 months or so of collections and they usually have all the sizes. There is so much more than what you see in the stores or on-line. I'm not a girly girl but yet there's something about the way she uses color, textures and patterns in an interesting (and some may say "circus-like") way that appeals to me. I am also proportionally bigger on top and her jackets fit me very well, more than most other designers.

I could see traces of typical Nanette Lepore in her Juniors line (the black skirt looks familiar for example). From what I could see here I thought it looks better than most of the stuff out there for Juniors. I'm sure the quality isn't there though.
    The more people I encounter, the more I like my animals.

The quality is not there. I looked at a shirt for my daughter but the seams are thin and loose and it was clear it would not hold up long.

Quote Originally Posted by azoria View Post
    Hell, I wouldn't shop there if they were giving their ugly clothes away for free. Hate Penny's.
    Agreed.

ITA, Sluce.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kat Scorp View Post
    My fellow 1982 Scorpion! Never occurred to me that penises go into ears until your twitpics
    @NickoMoralesXXX
    @Sexy_Seth_1982 awe sexy! You're just too cute to be true- I can't take my eyes off of you-

Thread Information