Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Tati

Thread: Victoria Beckham launches eyewear range

Beyond Caring, then hang a left.

Default Victoria Beckham launches eyewear range

Short-sighted Victoria Beckham launches her own designer spectacle collection as she can't find any glasses that suit her

By Lucy Waterlow
    PUBLISHED: 17:49, 6 August 2012 | UPDATED: 18:44, 6 August 2012

Even though she's pictured wherever she goes around the world, photographers rarely catch a snap of Victoria Beckham in prescription glasses.

The former Spice Girl is often seen in over-sized sunglasses but never steps out in glasses she needs for being near-sighted because she feels too self-conscious about how they look.

'I do need to wear glasses but I havenít found glasses that suit me or that I particularly like,' she told WWD.

Geek chic: Victoria Beckham has finally found prescription glasses that she's happy to pictured in after designing her own range

But the fashion designer has now got round this problem by designing a range of glasses herself.
    'I've always been quite self-conscious, so that's why I've decided to do them myself,' she said.

The mum-of-four launched her optical collection for spring/summer 2013 today.
    The six styles, manufactured in partnership with Cutler and Gross, will go on sale at retailers at Silmo Paris from January 2013 costing from £295-£340.

Designer specs: One of the six styles in Victoria's optical collection with the 'V' tipped arm

The range will include aviator styles and large dark frames, some of which are unisex and others that are more feminine.

The star said her husband David is a fan of the heavy square frames which she also favours herself.

Each piece in the collection is handcrafted in Italy and is distinctive as a Victoria Beckham design by a 'V' tip at the end of each arm.
    Victoria, who is set to reunite with the Spice Girls for a special performance at the London 2012 Olympics closing ceremony, already sells sunglasses as part of her fashion label but this is her first venture into prescription glasses.

She said she'll wear products from her own range from now on, joking 'it'll be nice to see where I'm going for once.'

Read more: Victoria Beckham launches her own glasses collection | Mail Online
    Free Charmed.

Your Pocket

Well, I have to say I love the pair she's pictured in.
    McJag likes this.
    If you reveal your secrets to the wind you should not blame the wind for revealing them to the trees.

- Kahlil Gibran

Thread Information