Like Tree9Likes
  • 2 Post By Novice
  • 2 Post By Laurent
  • 1 Post By Trixie
  • 2 Post By Icepik
  • 1 Post By nancydrew
  • 1 Post By McJag

Thread: Bolder and wiser: Meet the OATs (that's old-age trendsetters)

Default Bolder and wiser: Meet the OATs (that's old-age trendsetters)

Bolder and wiser: Meet the OATs (that's old-age trendsetters)

UPDATED: 12:51, 10 June 2012

‘Old is not a bad word,’ says style blogger Ari Seth Cohen, who, inspired by his glamorous grandmothers, scoured the New York streets to photograph these doyennes of elegance, with centuries of style between them

Photographer and blogger Ari Seth Cohen with one of his muses, the late Mimi Weddell

'Celebrate every day and don't look at the calendar' Ruth, 100, who enjoys pilates and weightlifting

'Never say, "I can't wear that because of my age." It's all about how you feel' Beatrix, writer and artist

'Style is about the right jewellery, the right neckline and the right attitude,' says Joyce, 80, who's never without a pair of gorgeous gloves

'These ladies challenge stereotypical views on age and ageing'

'Study women who dress well and learn from them,' says Tziporah, whose signature style is to be dressed to the nines

'The secret to remaining vital in our later years is to never stop being curious and never stop having fun,' says ARI SETH COHEN of his muses

‘If everyone is wearing it, then it’s not for me’ Rose, 100, right, who has a passion for bold belts and statement beads

Ari Seth Cohen’s book, Advanced Style, is available from the Mary Portas concession at House of Fraser (London Westfield, Glasgow, Guildford and Manchester), price £25, houseoffraser.co.uk. To see Ari’s blog, go to advancedstyle.blogspot.com
    Brookie and nancydrew like this.
    Free Charmed.

I love the black hat, big glasses & suited one! I plan on looking just like that in a few years!
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

That woman with the purple hair is working it. Take note, Kelly Osbourne.
    chartreuse and darksithbunny like this.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

Love these older ladies! They are rockin' it!

They're all lovely. They remind me a bit of my mom. When she died last year, the word I heard most at her wake was "impeccable." And she was. But there's a downside...forget doing anything spontaneous because it took hours for her to get ready for anything.

I think it must be generational, because I don't know anyone my age who I'd call "impeccable." Definitely not me! But maybe I run in trashier circles.
    louiswinthorpe111 likes this.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Working in a retirement village, I see women like this every day. It is truly inspiring to see them looking fantastic at 80 and 90+
    Novice and Brookie like this.

They are so great!
    And so, I will keep fighting to make the US a more progressive, multi-cultural country, and my fight starts on GossipRocks - mikesandy

Although not part of the book, Cher's mom definitely belongs here.

The young ones: It is obvious Cher gets her youthful looks from her mother

Read more: Cher reveals Barack Obama's amazement over her mother's youthful looks at 86 | Mail Online

OMG I read the title as old age transgenders and spent a full five minutes contemplating their faces before re-reading it.

I love all of these bitches! They are fierce! I want to be friends with them all, just to go out to brunch have a few mimosas and listen to the stories you know they have to tell!
    greysfang likes this.
    (276): Michelle Duggar likes to fuuuuck
    OK, I can't sing, I can't act, I'm dumb, I'm a hillbilly, but I can twerk, so whatever.-Miley Cyrus

This reminds me of my mother's friend Nancy. At a certain age she moved into a retirement highrise, but still played bridge with her group. One day we picked her up and she was wearing the most fabulous yellow suit.
    Skip ahead a few months and she died suddenly. She was buried so fast only a few of her friends got to attend. I was at a dinner with Mom when a nice looking gentleman stopped her & asked about Nancy's funeral. Mother told him she had looked lovely. There was this pause, then he asked "Was she wearing her yellow suit?"
    Way to go out, Miss Nancy!
    Trixie likes this.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

i love 'advanced style', it's one of my favourite blogs. it's like 'the sartorialist' for old people.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Quote Originally Posted by Bellatheball View Post
    OMG I read the title as old age transgenders and spent a full five minutes contemplating their faces before re-reading it.
    I did the exact same thing. These ladies are working it!
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

Thread Information